[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about the Cake Boss and his cakes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: CakeBoss2.jpg (74KB, 800x491px) Image search: [Google]
CakeBoss2.jpg
74KB, 800x491px
What do you think about the Cake Boss and his cakes?
>>
I really like some of the early episodes, so comfy.

Imagine being on that bakery, I'd feel like a children on a candy store, except that I apreciate pastry and cakes even more than simple candy.

btw, there was an episode where they made some italian sweet pastry rolls stuffed with ricotta cheese and sugar, I fail to remember the name of that sweet but damn, sometimes I do crave some of those.
>>
Cake shows are the worst thing to have ever happened to food television.

They're not even about food; they're more like decoration shows where the cake is always the same and it's all about them adding some goofy decoration.
>>
>>7906072
>They're not even about food; they're more like decoration shows where the cake is always the same and it's all about them adding some goofy decoration.

This and this. I remember watching this show expecting dank cakes and new joisy cannoli shenanigans and what I got instead was icing and decorations wrapped around nameless boring cakes.
>>
>>7906046
>holy cannoli
>>
File: 86586-FX-MM25243-20140512-1_10s.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
86586-FX-MM25243-20140512-1_10s.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
>>7906072
>goofy decorations
>fondant masterpieces
>>
>>7906046

I'd rather see what kind of pastries and small cakes they make and sell in their bakery instead of boring sponge cakes with smeared with frosting and abominations made from rice crispy treats that are covered in fondant and food coloring...
>>
>>7907795

It's just a tourist trap by Times Square, not even a good bakery.
>>
>>7907802
Do you have proof?
>>
How any of these tv show bakers can say they make an actual cake baffles me. Whenever I see one of these shows they make a basic cake, either vanilla or choclate, and then covers it with that plastic foam shit (fondant). Why not use actual icing, or make a cake with flavour in it. Just seems really lazy to me. You can either make a real cake and take time or you can mass produce crap, which is what these "bakers" do.
>>
fondant the show.

literally almost no actual cakes get made, it's novelty shit made of 99% fondant. I fucking hate fondant, it tastes like shit when it's the majority the composition of any good.
>>
File: 1448160575545.jpg (528KB, 1100x1147px) Image search: [Google]
1448160575545.jpg
528KB, 1100x1147px
>>7907802
I had to maneuver to that shop on a busy as fuck evening a couple days before Christmas thanks to an ex. I had to be in Manhattan at 8pm and was going in loops in ninth-circle-of-Hell level traffic at 7pm on a Friday after looking at this assholes shop for 5 minutes and overpriced trash and $10 cookies he sells to gullible cunts like my ex.

Least I got summa dat fine ass tho.
>>
WHO WANNA EAT SOME CAKE
>>
>>7906071
Cannoli?
>>
>>7908811
Manhattanfag here, yeah the bakery is mediocre. But the bullshit you have to go through to go to any Manhattan bakery before Christmas would ruin your attitude especially if you're coming from out of town. I can't imagine commuting here to get a fucking cake. Sorry you had a bad time bro.
>>
>>7906046
>What do you think about the Cake Boss and his cakes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYb0-HW1VFo
>>
File: 1456893027235.jpg (28KB, 336x249px) Image search: [Google]
1456893027235.jpg
28KB, 336x249px
>its a wrap rice krispi treat in fondant episode
>>
Hey remember that episode of Cake Boss where his wife gave birth?

You know, cakes!
>>
File: bud.jpg (480KB, 673x612px) Image search: [Google]
bud.jpg
480KB, 673x612px
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.