[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ceramic Knives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: ceramic-knives.jpg (280KB, 960x360px) Image search: [Google]
ceramic-knives.jpg
280KB, 960x360px
So whats the deal with these? Should i have one or are they a meme? Are they good for anything specific?
>>
They're useless unless you're fighting magneto.
>>
>>7903997
Sharper and cut better than steel knives.
>>
>>7903997
Pros:
Stays sharp longer than a steel knife

Cons:
Impossible to sharpen without specialized and expensive equipment
Brittle
Are only available in silly small sizes; nobody makes a proper chef's knife out of ceramic

It's a silly novelty.
>>
Good for house wife's but not for chefs
>>
>>7904023

I heard they are good for citrus and other acidic foods because the acid won't corrode and dull the blade.

Of course if you kept your things clean and edged your steel before use it wouldn't be a problem. But then someone wouldn't be making money off all these memeblades.
>>
>>7904023
>Cons:
>Impossible to sharpen without specialized and expensive equipment
>Brittle
>Are only available in silly small sizes; nobody makes a proper chef's knife out of ceramic
Patently wrong.
>>
>>7904027
My dream is to be a house husband to maybe this is the knife for me.
>>
>>7904037

do elaborate
>>
>>7904051
Everything you said was wrong.

I suggest you take to google to educate yourself on the subject before commenting again.
>>
>>7904093

Well, since you're expert why don't you educate us poor plebs instead of shitposting?
>>
>>7904093

it wasn't my comment. I was just curious since what he said is what google says and what you say goes against it.

So, please do elaborate.
>>
>>7903997

Solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

No reason to get them over a regular good quality steel knife.
>>
>>7904101
Except google corroborates what I say.
>>
>>7904019
lose the edge, lose it forever.
also brittle, less versatile
>>
>>7904036
if you get stainless steel that will be as good. There are SS varieties that are great nowadays, hold an edge as good as cheaper carbon steels.
>>
There's a reason why the Chinese, despite being the most advanced at ceremics for thousands of years, still used steel knives, and it wasn't just for ease of production and cheapness.
>>
>>7903997
They're fantastic.

My cooking game definitely stepped up a notch when I bought my ceramics.

Don't listen to the people ripping them itt, they are just your usual try-hards who have probably never tried them.
>>
>>7904263
because despite being the most advanced in ceramics they were lightyears from having as advanced ceramics as are used in modern knives?
I mean, I think steel knives are blatantly better, but that's a shit argument.
>>
>>7903997
its a meme, i got one gifted, it lost its edge in the same amount of time my carbon steel knife does, but you can never get it sharp again.
I cook a lot and sharpen at least once a month, so buying a knife thats literally useless after one month is obviously insanely stupid
>>
>>7904140
How about you post some fucking proof asshole. You claimed that his cons were wrong, so the burden of proof is on you.
>>
>>7904592
Incorrect.

You posted falsities so the burden is on you.
>>
Excellent for cutting soft stuff and keep the edge for years if you're not a moron (=/ck/)
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.