[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad would it be if I ate a can of sardines a day mercury

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: king-oscar-sardines-coupon.jpg (23KB, 293x187px) Image search: [Google]
king-oscar-sardines-coupon.jpg
23KB, 293x187px
How bad would it be if I ate a can of sardines a day mercury wise?

I love king oscar brand but they are expensive as fuck, is there any other brands that have cans for like $2?
>>
Ive done it before and started getting intense, debilitating headaches.
>>
>>7903587
Oh shit I just had those a few day ago. Is having a lot of those bad? The can was pretty small, how many should I eat per week?
>>
It's only fish high up the food chain that are high in mercury, sardines are pretty much at the bottom.

They're good for you, eat up!
>>
why don't they just stop making the cans out of mercury and use a less dangerous metal?
>>
Sardines are small fish towards the bottom of the food chain. They don't accumulate mercury the same way as tuna. As long as you're not ingesting too much sodium and don't mind the smell, you don't have to worry about eating too many sardines.
>>
>>7903647

This. Tiny little fish have no mercury to worry about. It's only the large apex predators that are the problem: tuna, swordfish, etc.
>>
File: hg.png (129KB, 1316x901px) Image search: [Google]
hg.png
129KB, 1316x901px
>>7903587
If you eat tuna or shark then yeah, it'd be hazardous.

Sardines, shrimp, anchovies and all the rest of the smaller seafoods are good though.

http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodborneIllnessContaminants/Metals/ucm115644.htm
>>
>>7903661
Most canned skipjack tuna is around 0.05 these days, so pretty safe
>>
>>7903676

Yeah, skipjack is not bad. Then again it's also the oddball in the "tuna" family--it's much smaller than most tuna species, therefore it isn't high enough up the food chain to build up a lot of mercury in its body.
>>
>>7903661
sardines aren't on the list
>>
>>7903750
They're on the first page of the link I provided

>MERCURY CONCENTRATION
MEAN (PPM): 0.013
>>
File: 1445909824455.png (922KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1445909824455.png
922KB, 900x1000px
>>7903656
>>
>>7903591
that was probably just ketosis
>>
>>7903661
So basically predators have the most mercury. This makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>7903587
If you want a slightly cheaper brand of Brislings, I'd suggest giving Crown Prince a try. If you ever see a can of King Oscar cross-packed, buy it as a treat. Well worth the added cost, as the fish are extremely tiny and delicious.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.