[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My super sharp Japanese knife won't cut a watermelon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: watermelon-with-knife.jpg (65KB, 592x509px) Image search: [Google]
watermelon-with-knife.jpg
65KB, 592x509px
This is ok but I'm curious, how much heavier are German knives and how do they do with thick stuff?
>>
>>7901597
how much space did the knife have for momentum?
>>
Watermelons aren't exactly that hard of a product to cut through, and most if not all knives should be able to cut through them; never mind japanese knives.

Was your knife perhaps dull? I see no other reasoning as to why this could happen
>>
>>7901660
woman with no arm strength perhaps
>>
>>7901597
stab it first then lever it downwards
>>
Give it a 10~15 cm drop to crack it open and carve it up from there.
>>
You cunts are amazing. Have you ever used an edged tool before? Just pull it through.
Idiots
>>
File: IMG_9386b.jpg (250KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9386b.jpg
250KB, 640x427px
open like an egg
>>
>>7901597
You sure your knife wasn't made in China & not Japan?
>>
>>7901597
How are you cutting it? Is it dull? I could use my old bargain knife that came from China and it would still cut through, albeit would require more force.
>>
any sharp knife will go through a watermelon like cutting fog. retarded post of the week.
>>
File: watermelon.jpg (191KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
watermelon.jpg
191KB, 1024x768px
>>7901597
>trying to use a japanese knife on a round watermelon

did you use the region-free adapter?
>>
>>7901597
Coincidentally, I cut up a watermelon at work a few hours ago with my 10" Henckels. It was easy enough, but annoying because the knife would flex as it was going through, giving me crooked segments. It helped to cut down just an inch or two into the top of the fruit, then pull back and cut down one side at a time.
>>
>>7902161
nigger he should have used a chinese cleaver
>>
File: womanhandlingnuts.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
womanhandlingnuts.webm
3MB, 640x360px
This is OP.
>>
>>7903034

I was waiting for the inevitable gushing blood. When you're too stupid to do prep work safely, you need to go on social assistance under mental disability.
>>
Are you sure the atoms were folded properly?
>>
>>7901597

are you serious? I can cut open a watermelon with a basic eating knife. What the hell are you doing that you can't cut it with a "super sharp" knife?
>>
>>7901597
obviously thicker knives deal better with it since you can apply more pressure, but honestly...
wtf are you doing.
i could cut a clean half with my 10 year old pairing knife that was never sharpened.
>>
>>7901597
Crack it like an egg on the edge of a countertype.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.