[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: culinary mistakes you've made that have almost completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

ITT: culinary mistakes you've made that have almost completely ruined dishes
>used side pork in yakisoba, not realize it's pretty much super thick bacon that needs to cook a long time, get super greasy grisley meat in a greasy yakisoba
>>
>threw my dish against the wall instead of using soap and water to clean it
I'll never try that method again.
>>
>>7898985
I almost forgot to salt my shakshuka this morning. It came out a little watery because canned tomatoes. Also i cooked the eggs a little too long.

>be me
>17
>first gf
>want to impress her
>decide I want to make Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte for her
>practice at home
>fuck up the cake batter somehow
>cake comes outvery dense, not risen at all
>egg taste
>still mocked by my younger siblings almost two years later
>>
>>7898985
Ur mum is my side pork lmao
>>
Used Ketchup instead of bolognese sauce
>>
>>7898985

>making mashed red potatoes and celery root
>instead of just mashing it I put them both into a blender
>came out gummy and disgusting

Worst thing ever. Also another time I put cayenne pepper instead of paprika into chicken and dumplings because they were right next to each other on the shelf. It came out very very hot.
>>
File: wallace.jpg (325KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
wallace.jpg
325KB, 2000x1333px
>>7899062
Kek

Reminds me of the time I covered my cereal in cayenne because the bottle looked identical to the cinnamon

>why the hell are these frosted flakes... spicy??
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 576x509px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 576x509px
>>7898985
Not cooking my steak to well done. Inedible otherwise
>>
>>7899062
The first sounds retarded, but the second sounds pretty good to a hothead like me.

Other than my amateur mistakes like saying "Hey it's one cup of milk, and I only have chocolate milk, what can it hurt?" I guess I could say when I accidently dumped a shitload of paprika (not knowing the top was off) into some seasoned flour for frying.

The color of the flour was purple, but it ended up tasting great.
>>
Forgot the cheese in a grilled cheese
>>
>>7899139
That's honestly hilarious

>Roast some zucchini
>It's actually cucumber
>>
>>7899139
>grilled cheese

until I was like 20 I thought a grilled cheese was literally just Americans placing a block of cheese under a grill and eating it
>>
>>7899170
Argentines actually do this and it's delicious as fuck
>>
>cooked a steak well done
>adding mayo to a sandwich
>using memesauce in my ramen
>fresh cilantro in meme street tacos
>eating in London
>>
File: 011.jpg (43KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
43KB, 960x720px
>>7899010
>be me
>>
>>7899219
Huh?
>>
>>7899213
You forgot

>Put beans in chili
>>
>read that adding a small amount of baking soda can help onions caramelize faster
>Add very little, still too much, tastes too alkaline, onions have disintegrated.
>Using science, realize I have to add acid to neutralize
>Literally only acid I have is pickle juice
>Pour it in
>pH has been neutralized, now I have onion mush that tastes like pickles
>trash the whole thing
>>
File: 1338921817248.jpg (788KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1338921817248.jpg
788KB, 1680x1050px
>>7898985
Pfffft hahahah why is the pic deleted nigga
>>
>>7899301
lol anyway
>not mixing the egg all the way and gelatin breads
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.