[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best way to prepare mushrooms for a pizza? Side note what do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: vdpy5l.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
vdpy5l.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
Best way to prepare mushrooms for a pizza?
Side note what do you guys season the actual pizza or just the sauce?
>>
I season the crust with this garlic bread mix I made a while ago.

10 / 10 I would recommend

As for mushrooms, I usually fry them in the pan a bit, with butter to sorta shrink em so they don't burn in the oven
>>
File: cal.jpg (4KB, 206x205px) Image search: [Google]
cal.jpg
4KB, 206x205px
>mushrooms on pizza

literally why
>>
Ciabatta on a pan with a bit of cornmeal.

I usually just slice the mushrooms and let the oven do the work for me.
>>
>>7892019
I slice mine very thin and salt them for half an hour before they go on the pie. They shrink a great deal and you get a more concentrated flavor.
>>
>>7892039
Mushrooms go good with 90% of non-sweet food.
>>
wash, dry, oil and salt
>>
>>7892019
>Best way to prepare mushrooms for a pizza?
I slice thin and toss in a bit of olive oil in a bowl first, so they cook on top of the cheese well.

You could of course slice thicker or quarter, and then saute them first and get them a bit browned for more flavor. I like mushrooms deglazed with any kind of wine, vermouth, fortified wine, or balsamic vinegar, or lots of garlic.
>>
File: stop.jpg (87KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
87KB, 621x621px
>>7892019
>mushroom on pizza
>>
>>7892039
>>7892153
faggots
>>
>tfw had mushrooms in the teriyaki dunburi i got yesterday
>tfw judge everywhere that doesnt have mushrooms in their teriyaki donburi.
>>
>>7892019
Best advice I ever read is you shouldn't put anything on a pizza that you wouldn't eat before it goes in the oven. People obviously precook things like chicken, but a lot of places just throw raw mushrooms on. They taste much better precooked
>>
OP here, I sauted them as suggested and they turned out delicious, as did the pizza.

I think I'm gonna cook something with mushrooms as more of a main ingredient next because they tasted way better than I thought they would and it was super easy.
>>
>>7892153
>>7892039
Being this much of a pleb.
>>
File: 1427695725360.jpg (36KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
1427695725360.jpg
36KB, 607x608px
>>7892019
>Best way to prepare mushrooms for a pizza?
By not using mushrooms for a pizza
>>
Whatever you do, don't use canned ones. Are canned mushrooms good for anything at all?
>>
>>7893492
>canned mushrooms
Is this another american thing, or am i just blisfully unaware?
>>
>>7893504
Probably the second thing, my country has a tradition of preserved foods and you can find anything in canned form. I think it's typical of countries in northern climates where winter lasts for like 6 months.
>>
>>7893511
Well, where i come from whever you buy shrooms it's either in marinade or dried. Not that it matters, i collect mine from the forest anyway, lots of people do that here.
>>
>>7892039
Kill yourself
>>
>>7893492
I use them in soups. The seasoned ones are great by themselves.
>>
>>7893529
Summer lovin'
>>
File: 4.jpg (6KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
6KB, 221x228px
Depends on the mushrooms
for the earthier ones I'll scrape the gills off with a sppoon.
Typically if the gills are a darker color they have a muddy flavor that detracts.
>>
>>7893504
Canned mushrooms are great, but they're like a wholly different thing. I prefer then on pizza, they stay juicy without leaking too much.
>>
>>7892019
Saute them in garlic and salt and pepper with butter as lube

Season the pie and the sauce
>>
File: 1448465225383.jpg (260KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1448465225383.jpg
260KB, 2048x1536px
>>7892019

I like to rough chop mushies up with red onions and some blue cheeses (mixed with milder cheeses)

>oh no there's water on my pizza

Use dehydrated cheese or literally who gives any fucks.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.