[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College Student Diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Hey /ck/, do you have any recipe recommendations for a college student? I've been relying on pasta, oatmeals, burgers, and ham and cheese sandwiches for the past few months but it's getting tiring. I want to expand my diet while keeping it cheap. Any ideas?
>>
R__E
_N_
__A_S
>>
>>7888935
Rice + some kind of protein. Even when rich, I still eat like a poor-ass Asian farmer.
>>
File: CM5rk9IUkAE5QNm.jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CM5rk9IUkAE5QNm.jpg
30KB, 600x450px
Beans, RIce, Eggs, Tomatos. Go for it bb.
>>
>>7888941
>>7888956
>>7888945
That's a good start but I don't want to be eating rice and beans every day. What else could I eat?
>>
File: 1368513308308.jpg (157KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1368513308308.jpg
157KB, 600x600px
>>7888996
Thats really it if saving money is the ultimate objective.

Green peppers are relatively cheap as well, so ommelletes and fajitas are options as well.
>>
>>7888996
you don't get to pick and choose
you want to eat cheaply
>>
>>7888935
I spend about $150 a month on food for 2 people.
Breakfast: oatmeal or greek yogurt w/ fruit
Lunch: Rice, beans or lentils, and cooked vegetable.
Dinner: Rice, protein (normally chicken thighs, sometimes breast or ground beef), different cooked vegetable.

Snacks: Carrot sticks, hard boiled eggs, celery sticks

I make a lot of different sauces and keep them in empty alcohol bottles, pique, garlic ginger soy sauce ect. It really sucks to eat the same thing every day without a different sauce.

I also have cook days, Sunday and Wednesday when I prepare my meals and store them. Normally I am too lazy to cook everyday and end up eating out, wasting money.
>>
File: bb pork.jpg (768KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bb pork.jpg
768KB, 1024x768px
>>7888996
>>7889014 this
>>7888945 this
Learn to cook Chinese steamed dishes, and by that I mean shit like literally steamed ground pork and steamed egg and eat it with rice. For the former marinade pork with salt, sugar, corn starch, (dried) chicken stock, oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, and black beans. For the latter 1 parts egg, 2 parts water, steamed over boiled water for 5-7 minutes, leave the lid slightly ajar. Served with soy sauce.
>>
>>7888935
Get a good pepper mill.
>>
Spam, tons of variety and you can use it for a nice cheap thick meat.
>>
Rice
Veggies
Chicken twice a week
Fruits

I live on these with a $100 a month budget and get by just fine.
>>
Find a cheap produce market. Stock up on fresh veggies for the cheap. When I was in college I ate alot of salads and baked potatos, snack on fruit and things like carrots/cucumbers in ranch or blue cheese dressing.
>>
>>7888935
There are two ways to be cheap.

Eat like a peasant rice n beans, little meat, same old starches, and/or dollar items. This can be unhealthy and painful.
OR
You buy in bulk and shave off dollars by upfront investments of larger items and your time. Bags of apples. Crates of clementines and ignore daily variety for 2 week stretches. Largest jar of PB. Freeze your BOGO 2nd loaf of bread for daily toast. That kind of thing. Make ahead things, and freeze them. Buy the 3lb packages of hamburger, make individual meatloaves in muffin cups. Makes great sandwiches too on white bread no less. Dinner is done for nights down the road, or sandwiches. Hamburger is cheap on sale in bulk, thin it out with delicious and cheap celery, peppers, onions. Shop loss leader items, things on sale just to get you into the door. Cheap milk and eggs, at the pharmacy. Cheap onions, tomatoes, potatoes at the hispanic grocery. Cheap lower quality meats, chicken leg quarters. Holiday stockups on ribs in July, Turkeys in November. Be smart with menus. Or you can live off meal replacement.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.