[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grape Nuts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (43KB, 330x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 330x318px
What does /ck/ think of Grape Nuts?

I've been on a kick for em lately.
Never tried em hot.

they seem to be a rare -healthy- bfast cereal
>>
Ironically, in addition to being made of neither grapes nor nuts, Grape-Nuts aren’t all that healthy, either, though compared to most breakfast cereals perhaps one can consider them relatively healthy. Back in the day Post boasted that Grape-Nuts would “fill you up, not out.” However, it has since been found that the cereal has a Glycemic index of 71, higher than such sugary cereals as Fruit Loops and Frosted Flakes. Further, table sugar only has a glycemic index of 60.
>>
grapes a shit
>>
>>7884268
>glycemic index

it's 2016 my man
>>
File: Cheerios.jpg (385KB, 761x603px) Image search: [Google]
Cheerios.jpg
385KB, 761x603px
>>7884252

Smells like dog food because dog food is made with the same type of grains. The only cold breakfast cereal worth a hot damn is plain cheerios.
>>
>>7884759
They're all pretty good. Quit being so fussy.
>>
>>7884759
I actually like the taste of fiber 1 and the kashi go lean stuff.

I _think_ they are reasonably healthy, but even if they weren't I'd still probably eat them.
>>
>>7884252
I like them alright when I'm in the mood for cereal. Good jaw work out too. Dat crunch.
>>
it's meme food for suburban housewives
>>
Tastes great, but way too high GI, too expensive for what you get.

Oats are cheaper and healthier. Even the instant packets with the artificial flavors and freeze-dried fruit.
>>
ayo OP i's got a question for u: what do you think of Deez Nuts??

L M A O
>>
for some reason i thought this stuff was amazing when i was like 6 years old at grandma's house at 6 am 25 years ago....tried it again a few years ago and it's just fugging granola flavored rocks oh well i was a weird retarded kid lmao :D
>>
>>7884252
>Grape Nuts

I had them once but the doctor gave me this cream and it cleared them right up.
>>
Microwave them with milk, butter, and a bit of honey and they are great, better than oatmeal. They soften up a bit and they aren't such a chore to eat. Grape nuts offer one of the best price per oz of any cereal in the store
>>
>>7884863
>I _think_ they are reasonably healthy

>Kashi Go Lean
>8g sugar

Fiber One is pretty nice though, but only if you get the original one that looks like Bok Choy and doesn't have any sugar. I don't buy it because it's kind of expensive for a breakfast cereal.
>>
>>7885560
>freaking out over 8g of sugar
Drinking 30g of liquid sugar in one sitting is bad, sure, but 8g of sugar isn't exactly the end of the world. An apple has 10g.
>>
>>7884252
theyre my favorite desu, the 90 percent iron in them cured my anemia pretty much. taste like metal too
>>
>>7884268
not everyone is a diabetic that needs to pay attention to GI foods, carbs do not equal straight spoons of white sugar. bye keto shill
>>
>>7885919
I'm a little upset. The grape nuts we get over here aren't fortified with anything.
>>
File: Kellogg_Frosted_Mini_Wheats.jpg (86KB, 220x315px) Image search: [Google]
Kellogg_Frosted_Mini_Wheats.jpg
86KB, 220x315px
What is the best breakfast cereal, taking into account price, availability, health, and taste?

Protip: You're looking at it.
>>
File: Weetabix-and-milk.jpg (42KB, 614x404px) Image search: [Google]
Weetabix-and-milk.jpg
42KB, 614x404px
Weetabix, master race reporting in.
>>
>>7886006
That's not raisin bran.
>>
File: lindo.jpg (9KB, 220x250px) Image search: [Google]
lindo.jpg
9KB, 220x250px
I like to mix them into a container of yogurt for some added protein and crunch

also, I buy Meijer brand because it's cheaper and tastes the same
>>
>>7886006
These are objectively the greatest cereal of our lives.
>>
File: IDShot_540x540.jpg (64KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
IDShot_540x540.jpg
64KB, 540x540px
>>7886971
forgot pic
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.