[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today I realized the Asian market down the street sells Kiwis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: DSC01319.jpg (435KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01319.jpg
435KB, 1632x1224px
quality > price
>>
Kiwis aren't an example of quality over price (which is a completely false dichotomy), they're an example of a utilitarian knife that's so absurdly cheap that you can buy a few on a whim without a second thought and they'll get the job done.
>>
Is this /ck/'s meme knife
>>
>>7863312

If anything that would be the Tojiro dp.
>>
>>7863312
It's the anti meme knife. It's what prep cooks use in grimy street food joints all over the world. It's thin, sharp, and cheap.

These are the knives that meme knifers should be using instead.
>>
>>7863343
Why?
>>
>>7863341

>I SAW PAKIS SQUATTING ON THE STREET SLICING ONIONS WITH THESE KNIVES, DEATH TO ELITISM!!!

what they don't show you is that those pakis go through dozens of those knives at a breakneck pace, continually sharpening them down to maintain an edge

(knife's overall quality) != sharpness, a small thing that many noobs such as urself still cannot comprehend
>>
>>7863343
What's one yen worth in ameridollars? Sounds like a cheap knife either way.
>>
>>7863370
It's approximately a $20 knife
>>
>>7863370

Usually you can just move the decimal point a couple places and it's pretty close, give or take depending on exchange rates.
>>
>>7863343
I've got a question.

Why are you such a raging faggot? Filtered.
>>
>>7863369
>being this butthurt someone called you out on nape dropping your middle of the road knife in the other thread
>>
>>7863386
Can you still taste the Nagasaki or is it a crisp pure Fukushima these days?
>>
>>7863312
It's Thailand's meme knife. Every chef in Thailand uses them.

The Chinese style one is super bad-ass
>>
File: kiwi chef.jpg (18KB, 625x145px) Image search: [Google]
kiwi chef.jpg
18KB, 625x145px
Just gave them their first wash. Didn't seem like they were coated in anything. The sticker glue was disgusting but came off with hot water.

Now I'm sorry I didn't get the chef's knife as well. Guess I will on monday. I have two cheapass chef's knives that I like a lot, which is why I didn't buy another. But now I'm thinking at that price it's better to have a decent spare that I can give away, abuse, or take to a den of thieves without worrying.
>>
>>7863407
You're either very whimsical or an idiot. I have high hopes for the former. Please continue.
>>
>>7864758
Their chef's knife is okay, bro, but that littler one is a nicer one imo. It's a great knife for cutting up veggies and such, but for a chef's knife I would prefer something with a more typical design. Unless you're looking for the Chinese style chef's knife, which is EXCELLENT.

The thing about Kiwi knives, which I used at work for around 2 years, is that they are very cheap. After a bit of abuse, you might just throw one out. However, the softness of their steel makes them so, so easy to sharpen, so even if they may dull faster than a high-quality knife, three passes over a stone should get them razor sharp again.
>>
>>7863312
No, it's the katana.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.