/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cooking in NYC.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

So I am in a tough spot.
Rented a studio in NYC for two weeks in July, and the landlord told me that the gas burner isn't working, which makes it impossible for me to cook.
Question: Is there a such thing as a public cooking space, just like public bathroom, with a gas burner and whatnot? There will be a refrigerator and microwave at least so I could just make some chili and microwave it whenever I get hungry.
>>
Get a shit iron and turn it upside down, used to do that in my dorm
>>
>>7843191
Make your landlord reimburse you with money to eat out. That's bull
>>
>>7843191

how much are you paying that jew for an unfit living space and the third world experience?
>>
>>7843203
I honestly thought it wasn't so bad.. $300 for a week. It's next to Central Park,
But yeah. I would much rather get a room with a functioning kitchen.
>>
>>7843191
Invest in something like an instantpot since it's just for a week and it's a good investment in general.
>>
File: 1464543478941.gif (988KB, 350x175px) Image search: [Google]
1464543478941.gif
988KB, 350x175px
>>7843219

cool so you can watch hobos fuck in the park outside your window while you microwave soup for dinner

and for only $300/week! what a steal

living the dream
>>
>>7843191
>NYC
you know there's other cities that are also nice and like a quarter of the price right?
>>
File: 1461146428157.gif (966KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1461146428157.gif
966KB, 200x150px
you're getting fucked by that Shylock so hard lmao
>>
>>7843271
>implying the hobos haven't been run out of central park for the past decade and change
well, there are probably still some at the very north end closest to the poor people in spanish harlem, but whatever.
>>
I thought the Asians in the PNW were bad.

At least my landlord is a chill as fuark Korean.
>>
>>7843293

Sure thing, flyover
>>
>>7845068

Nah, Spanish Harlem drove its poors to the Bronx, and now SoBro is moving them uptown even more.

Idiots elsewhere though will still say things like 'enjoy your crime', etc, not realizing statistically NYC is safer than most of the country.
>>
>>7843191
Your rental is illegal.

That said you don't have to cook in NYC. Many New Yorkers do not cook. Believe it or not, depending on what neighborhood you're in you can probably feed yourself for $8-$12 a day.

Near Central Park is a little tougher. You're looking for the places where cabbies eat. Halal carts and Indian joints. These places will sell you two meals' worth of food for $7-$12.

A trip to Chinatown might be worth it. You can get a bunch of food these for pocket change, plus it's worth seeing.

Also check out Puerto Rican and Dominican joints (usually called "Spanish food" on the signs) These places will sell you a portion of meat with rice and beans that is easily two meals' worth of food for about $10 (sometimes less). And that stuff is delicious.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.