[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pasta basta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Spaghetti-cooking.jpg (542KB, 2586x1923px) Image search: [Google]
Spaghetti-cooking.jpg
542KB, 2586x1923px
The best way to cook spaghetti?
Do you add lots of salt, maybe oil?
>>
>>7841910
Salt, yes. Oil, never.
>>
>Adding oil to the water
FULL
FUCKING
RETARD
>>
>>7841910
And get your fucking spoon out of that pot. NEVER leave a wooden spoon in a boiling/simmering pot.
>>
>>7841910
What I do is just boil the spaghetti with a pinch of salt, then throw out the water and mix with a ton of margarine. Tastes like slow death in greasy heaven.

>>7841913
>>7841916
I assume he means olive oil, you dolts. You're supposed to add a little bit to the water so that the pasta doesn't end up dry, but I usually don't bother since I'm just going to lather it all up in margarine anyway.
>>
>>7841910
Throw away spaghetti, buy angel hair. Add to boiling water, salt optional but preferred by some, oil is a bad idea unless you're adding oil afterwards but it's still a waste. People add oil to help it not stick, but if you just keep stirring it every 30-45 seconds for the first few minutes it won't stick.
>>
File: image.gif (246KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
246KB, 500x375px
>>7842039
>olive oil
No.
>margarine
No. Just, no. http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017306-pasta-aglio-olio-e-peperoncino
>>
>>7842087
The recipe you linked uses olive oil, you memester. Also, margarine on spaghetti is my number one guilty pleasure. Just give it a try, it feels so wrong but tastes so right.
>>
>>7842098
Can you read? Yes it uses olive oil you dimwit, BUT NOT IN THE FUCKING WATER WHICH IS THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD. Fuck. That margarine "dish" has left you brain dead.
>>
>>7841910
water has to be as salty as ocean water.
Oil?
Does fucking oil belong to the ocean? Nah..
>>
File: 1297944796331.png (135KB, 1032x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1297944796331.png
135KB, 1032x1023px
I'm Italian.
I'm mystified by foreigners putting oil in the water.

I don't understand what it's supposed to do.
I don't understand what "keep the pasta from going dry" means, since once it's cooked in salted water until the whole thing has been hydrated with it.
I don't understand how it's supposed to keep the water from foaming, since the foam starts forming from the bottom of the pan, where the oil won't be.
I don't understand how it's supposed to add flavor, since it's not going to touch the pasta until you drain it, and then it's only going to make it so any sauce slips off the pasta without letting flavors meld.

I just don't understand
I don't understand
>>
>>7841920
Why?
>>
>>7842491
Well, oh lord of pasta, hence I said "maybe"
>>
>>7842375
I've cooked pasta with seawater before, and it was far too salty. I found the best mix was about 1/3 seawater and 2/3 fresh
>>
>>7841910
I always cook mine in reduced salt chicken broth for a healthy kick of extra flavor
>>
I dont even add salt. It tastes good once you pour olive oil on it after. Please eat healthier guys
>>
>>7841910

How is this difficult?

get pot
fill with water
bring to boil
add salt
add spaghetti
turn down heat
cook until al dente
>>
>>7844565
You forgot to add the oil
>>
>>7841910
ur pot too smol
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.