[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

healthy cheap meals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1429588468779.gif (1MB, 209x180px) Image search: [Google]
1429588468779.gif
1MB, 209x180px
Couldn't find a QTDDTOT or FAQ and i am sure this gets asked quite a lot..

What are some examples of cheap meals that will provide all the required vitamins/carbs/fats/proteins? Looking for long term meals while i save money, does not have to taste great.
>>
File: deep-dish-pizza-3-1.jpg (424KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
deep-dish-pizza-3-1.jpg
424KB, 1000x667px
>>
File: pizzza.jpg (53KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
pizzza.jpg
53KB, 360x360px
'go style 'za goes a long way, bro
>>
ask /fit/ they're much better at health than /ck/. there's usually a /fit/ recipe thread.
>>
That's such a punchable face.
>>
>>7828039
What's your end game with that meme, brah?
>>
>>7828014
Here's what I try and eat, in order from most to least. I'm from /fit/ so I also exercise/lift most weekdays:

>Chicken Breast and lean meat, usually grilled
>Veggies, all kinds, some great staples are Broccoli, Spinach, Potatoes, Carrots and Avocados. I also, eat cucumbers, zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, onions and Celery.
>Beans, all kinds, usually black and chickpeas
>Brown Rice/quinoa/couscous
>Nuts and nut butter
>Whey protein
>Fruit
>>
Would I be able to thin out a can of dulce de leche to be used in place of sweetened condensed milk in a key lime bar recipe? I only ask because I've seen techniques where dulce de leche is made by slowly simmering a can of sweetened condensed milk in a few inches of water.
>>
>>7828014
LEGUMES
AND
CEREALS
>The vast majority of the cooking process is uninvolved
>Can easily make a fuckton in bulk
>Super customizable, there are dozens of different beans and grains, and hundreds of recipes for each one.
If you're in this for the long term, buy cheap vegetables in bulk and ferment them. The fermenting process increases the bio-availability of most nutrients.
Organ meats can be gotten for cheap and are nutrient dense. Just watch out for your fat intake.
>>
>>7828014
Black beans, spinach, peanuts, watermelon, bananas, brown rice
>>
I'm a poor my whole life.

>Buy bulk rice
>If beans are your thing, do the same for dry beans/legumes
>Eggs are also a cheap source of protein
>Buy whole chickens and learn to dismember it while saving the bones. I wait for a sale for 99c/lb, buy four or five chickens and store in my fridge. Very cheap.
>Learn to make stock with the bones, will make everything you make tastier.
>Buy vegetables at your local chinese market. Buy things on sale. Things like cabbage are always cheap. Avoid fruit, they are usually expensive and have worse nutritional content.

Find a few sauces you like to put on your food. Franks red hot, soy sauce, and tabasco is what I use.
>>
>>7828637
I read chickens as crackers and wutted hard.
>>
>>7828143
They obviously don't have one. Shit memes for the troll god.
>>
cook cauliflower until it begins to smell
cut them in pieces
put them in a pan with oil salt pepper and garlic
Put some mustard in this shit
put some mixed eggs in the pan
add ciboulette
dont overcook this shit
>>
>>7828140
She's cute. You might have issues
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.