[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bar owner here. Need some /ck/onsulting. I have six taps: Miller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

File: 13687465.jpg (14KB, 375x450px) Image search: [Google]
13687465.jpg
14KB, 375x450px
Bar owner here. Need some /ck/onsulting. I have six taps: Miller Lite, Bud Light, Lagunitas Ipa, Stella, Blue Moon, and Sam Adams. Sam Adams is the worst seller by a wide margin and I'm looking to replace it with something that complements the other available drafts.

What would be a good beer to replace the Sam Adams?
>>
Pabst Blue Ribbon.
>>
>>7825674
You should have at least one good beer on that shit
So far you have "Plebs: the Tap" going on.
>>
If you put some kind of good cider there (not redds) you'll start selling more to women and ladybois.
>>
>>7825687
We tried that and it did pretty well. Thanks anon.

>>7825695
It's a rural bar, anon. Please.

>>7825697
Just swapped out Angry Orchard for Cider Boy bottles.
>>
>>7825701
>It's a rural bar, anon. Please.

If that's your attitude, then I would try guiness. Or rolling rock for the budget crowd.
>>
>>7825710
Anon, some of the traffic on our roads are tractors. Fat Tire and >>7825720
Guinness were two of my considerations. Do you feel that Sierra Nevada is a pretty accessible beer?
>>
Then a porter maybe? Something tasty but heavy on the alcohol so the men dont feel like pussies for drinking it.
>>
>>7825732
I would personally love to have a porter or a stout on there. But I like where >>7825730 is thinking with an APA. Maybe something local (Chicagoland area).
>>
>>7825730
Purely from a business perspective, I believe adding Sierra Nevada would just steal from your IPA sales.
>>
>>7825738
>. Maybe something local (Chicagoland area).
Yes
It helps locals and makes you seem less of a bro factory.

Get your waitresses to pimp it a bit and it'll sell good.
>>
>>7825750
We went with Lagunitas because it's from Chicago. It's accessible here because it's from here.
>>7825747
Good point.
>>
>>7825781
Because I'm not a beer historian, anon. I knew they had a brewery in California but I didn't know it originated there. It's very popular here though.

Are you from around here?
>>
>>7825823
Cool. But it's a bigger name than say Revolution Anti-Hero or Two Bros Wobble.

What city are you in?
>>
File: 1234533.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1234533.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>>7825833
DELETE THIS
>>
>>7825833

>'go 'za

what is this meme? Gyoza?
>>
>>7825730
>Do you feel that Sierra Nevada is a pretty accessible beer?

If you are in a flyover state, stay away from IPA's.

If you are going from a pure business/money point of view, why don't you contact your distributor and ask him what his top 6-10 sellers are for draft in your market and surrounding region.
>>
File: 2313546453.jpg (59KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
2313546453.jpg
59KB, 534x401px
>>7825845
/ck/ openly mocks Chicago Deep Dish Pizza culture, specifically Giordano's. They call it a casserole.

>>7825846
IPA's are a thing in the Chicagoland area, anon. I did speak with them, but I'm looking to speak with people that are interested enough about food/beer that they'd come to a cooking forum.
>>
>>7825856
>I'm looking to speak with people that are interested enough about food/beer that they'd come to a cooking forum.

So are you looking to have a good quality selection or are you looking to drive sales?
>>
>>7825674
Firestone 805 is a pleb-tier beer by flavor but normies drink it like water because they think its a craft beer....

I'm from california where firestone brews and they had a honey blonde 10 years ago that was garbage and nobody drank it, they renamed it "805" and now people fucking drink it everywhere. It is a fucking garbage beer wtf.
>>
>>7825860
A good quality selection for six taps that will in the long term drive sales by merit.
>>
>>7825868
Put a goose island beer on tap... they are from chicago right??
>>
>>7825868
>A good quality selection for six taps that will in the long term drive sales by merit.

I'm not sure your exact market, but are you open from the the objective business perspective that you may possibly operate in an area where that it's not possible to have a quality selection AND sales drive at the same time?
>>
>>7825877
>or just shitty bars that people don't go to for the beer.
I suppose that's us then. Every other bar near us has miller and bud on tap.
>>7825878
Yea, I'm aware that's probably the case.

So my initial question: what should I swap the Sam Adams for so that it rounds out the draft selection?
>>
>>7825897
>So my initial question: what should I swap the Sam Adams for so that it rounds out the draft selection?

Look at the top 10-15 drafts from your distributor and contact other distributors. Swap Sam Adams out for the highest selling one w/ best margins that is a "craft beer" in perception to customers
>>
>>7825922
Yea I know the obvious way to make the decision but we're trying to be creative here. Leiney's was my first choice.
>>
>>7825922
>Leinenkugel's summer shandy

I'm the guy you referenced, i was literally about to mention that myself. I live in rural flyover country, and my local bar got it and it's almost always sold out

Chicks love it because it's easy to drink, guys like it because they feel like they are drinking something crafty/classy
>>
>>7825846
Flyover here. Every bar that isn't just for working class stiffs sells IPAs here. Pretty much any strong beer goes over well in winter country. It's the south that mostly sticks to light beer.
>>
I don't know what to do guys. I'm seeing a thread on /ck/ that is an authentic discussion with batting around ideas and them being considered based off of merit while everyone is being respectful....WHERE THE FUCK AM I?
>>
>>7825936
Welcome to /ck/ after dark. This is when the industry people hang out.
>>
>>7825936
>>7825943
This is what 4chan really is.

8 years ago, every board aside from /b/ was like this.
Did you know that /tv/ used to be a respectable board? I was there when it was first created. It was goo then.

It truly used to be.

/ck/ is saved by its obscurity.
It's a throwback to the old days.
>>
>>7825971
Most little boards are like that, and every hobby board as at least one good thread. You just have to spend at least six hours on here every day so you get good at finding them.
>>
>>7825993
We never really recover from any summer. Every year it gets a little bit worse. But hey, projections suggest 4chan might start getting smaller soon, so that could fix it.
>>
>>7825971

/pol/ack here

help
>>
>>7826020
>Just a year ago you were unlikely to even see the word "meme" on /ck/
That's not true. I've been here long enough to remember /ck/ inventing ISHYGDDT. It's had its share of memes over time. It tastes like taste was a good one.
>>
>>7826020
As a 2005'er, I like having a healthy serving of meme/pop-4chan culture in my threads. But I agree that there is too much of it from the youngsters.
>>
>>7826047
It was early on. I'll grant, go za is the worst yet, but only because it's getting spammed so hard.
>>
>>7825674
James Ready Ale. You need a Canadian beer, for Canadians like myself.
>>
>>7826058
>being a proud leaf
>in the current year
>>
So you've already got covered:
Light Lager
Light Lager
IPA
Lager
Wheat Beer

I'd say go with a popular local brewery and pick a beer with some more color and lowish bitterness. Maybe a red/brown ale? Or a stout that doesn't need to be served on nitrogen.
>>
>>7826058
IMO get a Montreal beer if you're gonna have to get a Canadian beer.
Montreal may be French, but they know how to brew.
>>
>>7826064
>>anon makes a casual comment about how on-topic the thread is
>>the thread is immediately derailed into off-topic meta-posting
you can't fucking script this shit
>>
File: 13245654.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
13245654.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>7826082
>>7826064
We're crashing this plane into Flyover, USA
>>
>>7826048

retards get a false impression of 4chan from screenshots (I suspect /r/4chan is a big culprit but I'm sure other sites are also to blame) and come here trying to fit in. At least 4chan's "fuck off newfag" culture is a decent barrier to entry that prevents us from becoming redd.it.
>>
>>7826062
I would go with this idea. I would lean toward the stout. You need a well rounded selection.
>>
>>7826010
how much of /pol/ is/used to be ironic or tongue-in-cheek? I just never understood that board outside of the fact stormfags like ruining other peoples good time.
>>
>>7825846
>are in a flyover state, stay away from IPA's.
>I'm so far behind I think ipa beers are ahead-of-the-curve
>lemme give you some buying advice

Yeah, shut the fuck up. Way to out yourself there, dipshit.
>>
RED DOG on tap yeeeeeeeeeeaah buddy
>>
>>7825674
Left Hand Milk Stout (Nitro)
>>
>>7825710
I'm a denverfag, and was going to say what this guy already said. Sierra Nevada. But you can't go wrong with Fat Tire or any of the other New Belgium God Tiers.
>>
Anything by 312, if you're in Chicagoland
>>
>>7827781
>"Anything by 312"
"okay"
>>
At the bar I used to work at Bells Two Hearted was easily the best selling bear we had on tap.
>>
>>7826578
Personally, I think /pol/ is almost completely serious, just the extent is exaggerated
>People do like Trump
>People are joking when they call him the God-Emperor

The Racism is completely true tho, and if the jews arent in a global conspiracy, they have too many far leftist positions while being in high positions in society to be good
>>
>>7825674

You should try a stout or a porter and see how it sells, maybe founders porter?
>>
>>7825922
>Leinenkugel's summer shandy might be a good choice.

I like that, too. Their Sunset Wheat also has an aftertaste like Fruit Loops. Those are some of my go-to outdoor, mid-summer drinks.
>>
>>7825674

I'd say the last one should be something that's a rotating seasonal handle. Something like Summer Shandy or Bell's Oberon now, an oktoberfest style in the fall, a winter warmer, like Great Lakes Christmas Ale during the winter time, and a wheat beer in the spring.
>>
>>7825674
You probably have inbev distributor
Go with Stella for people wanting to feel fancy
It's pretty plain Jane
But if you can get Coors banquet get that because its fucking delicious as far as macros go
>>
>>7825674
The customer is always right. Why not just ask your clientele what they'd like and then serve it.
>>
>>7825674
From a business standpoint something like Yuengling. It's cheap, but not a bad beer. Something you could make a pint or pitcher special. If you wanna go with something better Hofbrau Original. I always thought Sam Adams had a bad aftertaste. Almost like cheap perfume.
>>
>>7827791
Hey thanks for answering in an informative and non-standoffish way, its kind've a welcome change of pace from this site. Hope you have a good one.
>>
>>7828661
this. you say you are rural, but only want to serve shitty mainstream shit. figure out what your customers drink the most and then make it somewhat cheap to them, while making you a profit ffs.
>>
>>7825674
Don't know where your at but 805 is all the rage around here.
>>
>>7825674
Having all these super common beers but no guinness?
>>
Sierra Nevada torpedo to get some higher abv in there
>>
stella artois, fischer
>>
>>7829146
Guiness needs a nitrogen tank for their kegs instead of carbon dioxide.

It's harder to get approval in some areas to get the nitrogen tanks and they are usually a lot harder to fill.

>>7825674
OP, do you carry a similiar sized list of bottles? Also consider that sixth tap something that can be a new featured beer every couple weeks to a month. It can entice your regulars to try something different from time to time.

If not I would throw my vote in for Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam, Fat Tire, or Newcastle.
>>
Get guiness or another dark beer. Compete lacking that end of the spectrum
>>
s t e l l a
>>
>>7825674
those are all fucking horrible. you should be embarrassed. at least have some plebeian options like two hearted or sculpin that are drinkable
>>
>>7831593
This, although I'm surprised Sam Adams is such a poor seller.
>>
>>7834691
me too, their Boston Lager is my favorite drink
>>
File: 1462861962820.png (205KB, 817x254px) Image search: [Google]
1462861962820.png
205KB, 817x254px
Heineken
>>
>>7825674
yuinleng however its spelt or corona maybe even phat tire
>>
>>7825674
Why don't you try pilsner urquell
>>
>>7825674
Guiness
>>
File: anchorsteambeer.png (476KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
anchorsteambeer.png
476KB, 600x444px
Anchor Steam, bro. Nice full favor and smoother than Sam Adams
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.