[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-smoker Brisket Recipes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Brisket.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Brisket.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Let's talk about Brisket. Specifically non-smoker recipes for Brisket.

Yes, I know smoking Brisket gives a better result, but not everyone has the time to use a smoker or the smoker.

So how do cook your Brisket? Dry Rub or Sauce for seasoning? Oven roasted or Braised?

Any good tips.

Also how long do you cook your Brisket for on a per weight basis?

What do you serve it with?

Please help I bought Brisket and I don't know how to cook it.
>>
>>7819695
My practices regarding fellatio have no bearing on how to cook brisket without a smoker.
>>
I've just signed up to this thread, just putting you all on notice that I'll be monitoring it for information as this topic interests me

I'll check on this thread when I get an email alert from Chinese moot that someone has replied
>>
smokerless smoked brisket:
https://youtu.be/ZlwFxgOa9Ww
This is fuckin delicious.
Did this a while back when I first got my sous vide setup and served it with baked beans.
https://youtu.be/ZlwFxgOa9Ww
>>
>>7819759
baked beans:
https://youtu.be/k_9P9GRqGcs
>>
>>7819690
>I bought Brisket and I don't know how to cook it
do people really do this?
>>
>>7819690
OP here. I had an idea and I wanted to run it by people to see what they thought or if they had any experience in trying it.

I have small brisket because it is only for 3-4 people, 2 lbs. Because it was so small I was thinking of applying a dry rub for the brisket, letting it sit for about an hour then, browning all sides in a frying pan to seal it up. Then applying another layer of dry rub and finishing the brisket off in the oven in a roasting pan.

I'm hoping this will still give it a nice crust, while maintaining the juiciness inside.

I've seen lots of recipes that call for first roasting for a bit and then finishing it off with braising but I am worried this would ruin the crust.

Can anyone see any problems with this?

Also what are your thoughts on applying a glaze to the meat a couple hours before the dry rub? I'm thinking molasses, liquid smoke, a little soy sauce, mustard, and then cutting it with water.

The main reason I would do this is because the only thing I have to give a smoky flavor is liquid smoke.
>>
>2 lbs

That's about how much I trim off from a whole brisket m8. If I were you and I wanted to get the most out of that 2 lb flat, I would cut into strips (if you can) and make burnt ends. Helps if you have a grill to do initial smoke but I imagine you could do it all in an oven with ok results.
>>
rinse and dry the meat, heavy dry rub, put in a roasting pan for like an hour @425-450, then lower the heat @325-350, put on a lid, and add some liquid. cook that until tender, 2-3 hours at least. make sure you don't run out of liquid.

i have no recipe to share, i cook in vague mental directions. my rub would probably have paprika, cumin, stuff like that. the liquid can be a mixture of diluted fruit juice, vinegar, ketchup, water, stuff like that.

it's not gonna have a crust and burnt ends, but you aren't smoking it, so that's the way it is. it will still be tender and flavorful.
>>
If you have a week and some sodium nitrite, then diy corned beef is totally worth it. Not exactly a time-saver over smoking, but you can do it in your fridge.
>>
>>7819690
OP Here again reporting back. Here is what I ended up doing.

Made a glaze out of vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, molasses, and liquid smoke. Applied the glaze to the meat and let it sit for about 2 hours, reapplying glaze every so often.

After the 2 hours, I patted dry the brisket with a paper towel then applied a dry rub. The dry rub was brown sugar, black pepper, salt, onion salt, garlic powder, chili poweder, paprika, and cumin.

I seared the sides of the brisket in a pan with melted butter. Afterwards I applied another layer of the dry rub.

Then I placed the brisket in a roaster set at 250 F. After a little over an hour and a half, I checked the temp and it had already cooked to 175. I turned the temp down to 200 and cooked for another 40 minutes or so. When the meat had reached about 185, I took it out wrapped it in foil and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Then I cut it.

The meat turned out ok. It was not tough at all, but it was not as tender as I had hoped. I attribute this to having the roaster at too high a temperature, if I had to do it again I would start it at 200 F.

Also, I could not really detect the smoky flavor. The main reason I applied the glaze was to hopefully add a smokey flavor. I did not have an injector, nor did I have time for a brine bath. If I did it again I would get an injector or brine it with a smoky flavor for at least a day.

The crust turned out so so, it was not as crisp as I would have liked, but had a good flavor. I think it would have turned out better if I had cooked it at a lower temp for longer.

My conclusion is that indoor oven roasting brisket can do well, but the key is to brine or inject your meat for the smoky flavor, and then cook very slow and low for the roasting.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.