[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best canned seafood, /ck/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: Canned_fish_2.jpg (130KB, 877x770px) Image search: [Google]
Canned_fish_2.jpg
130KB, 877x770px
What is the best canned seafood, /ck/?
>>
>>7815908
Anchovies, obviously
>>
Tuna, obviously
>>
sardines, obviously
>>
Smoked Mussels, obviously
>>
>>7815908
There was this can of grilled eel I got that was so good I wanted to die
>>
>>7815908
ansjovis up at nr 1 sardines a bit below it way way more below tuna and lowest of low salmon
>>
Tuna in green coconut curry, duh. It's, like, totes obvs.
>>
>>7815908

This octopus stuff I got from a mate who runs a Portuguese deli. It was pretty delicious.
>>
>>7815908
Oysters, obviously
>>
The dollar store by my house sells cans of sardines for a buck each that somehow taste better than the twice as expensive grocery store brands and they've got like 50% of your daily calcium per can because of all the fish bones

I'm probably slowly poisoning myself with plastic contaminants and industrial waste but they just taste so good
>>
enjoy your mercury poisoning
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147KB, 1000x1000px
>taste
Salmon

>price, health
Sardines

>protein
Tuna

>honourable mentions
Herring, Mackerel
>>
File: HE_anchovies_s4x3_lead.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
HE_anchovies_s4x3_lead.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
Anchovies is where its at
>>
>>7816287
the amount of canned fish you'd have to eat to get mercury poisoning is stupidly high
>>
I worry that the fish has some radioactive particles from fukushima.
>>
>>7816287
More like BPA and aluminum
>>
mackeral, obviously
>>
File: 81VC-OStUqL._SL1500_.jpg (241KB, 1500x823px) Image search: [Google]
81VC-OStUqL._SL1500_.jpg
241KB, 1500x823px
these things are GOAT with mustard or hot sauce
>>
>>7816417
Does canned salmon actually taste good? I'm terrified of it.
>>
>>7820165
I think it's the tastiest canned seafood by far, all are good though really (apart from oysters)
>>
Better question, where the hell do i get tuna or fish in general that is
a. Not from the pacific
b. not shipped to china to be processed
c. no soy in it
d. wild caught
I can usually get 2/4 sometimes 3/4 but never all three.
>>
>>7821823
derp all four. I dont want anything near or from china, no soy and wild caught. No fukishima radiation fish either.
>>
>>7820165
Its fine
My grandma used to make 'salmon patties' out of canned salmon, combining the salmon with flour and lightly frying it
Its pretty good for poor people food
>>
>>7817175
A few cans a week is gonna start fucking with you
>>
>>7821823
how about Trader Joe's they have pretty good selection
>>
File: helboks.jpg (109KB, 374x509px) Image search: [Google]
helboks.jpg
109KB, 374x509px
>>7815908
If you absolutely have to eat canned seafood, pic related is tolerable. If served with a curry-white sauce with boiled potatoes and carrots.
>>
albacore white tuna, it's almost twice as expensive as regular cheap canned tuna but way better
>>
>>7821847
none for 300 miles.
>>
>>7822044
I take trips to my closest TJ every few weeks I'm 150 miles from one
and since it's canned maybe you can have a relative mail it to you lol
>>
>>7822030
>in water

Get it in oil.
>>
>>7821823
My local supermarket. I bought it only once when it was on manager's special at 75% off because otherwise, it costs 4-6× more than the regular stuff. At 75% off, it's still nearly a buck more expensive.
The brand is Agostino Recca. It's sold in jars. It is caught and processed in Italy. The tuna is packaged raw with olive oil and salt and is poached during the sealing process, cooking it through.
There is no soy, it's nowhere near China, it's Atlantic tuna and wild caught (though I don't think tuna is farmed anyway; if it is, I'd be surprised), so that ticks all four of your preferences.
>>
File: 71gfzi39uVL._SL1169_.jpg (247KB, 1168x1169px) Image search: [Google]
71gfzi39uVL._SL1169_.jpg
247KB, 1168x1169px
You can get these off Amazon. They're almost as good as King Oscar two layer (red or yellow label) for half the price.
>>
File: 56925-work-Sardines_Tornado.jpg (986KB, 1300x975px) Image search: [Google]
56925-work-Sardines_Tornado.jpg
986KB, 1300x975px
>>7816287

Sardines are at the bottom of the food chain, so no mercury issues.
>>
>>7821823
Most sardines are from the Atlantic and processed in Canada or Spain or somewhere like that.
>>
>>7815908
skinless & boneless sardines with olive oil & sea salt. found at walmart.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.