[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animal food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: animal_protein.jpg (50KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
animal_protein.jpg
50KB, 620x387px
Processed meat and red meat increase the risk on some cancers. But how about animal food in general? Meat, fish, eggs dairy, is that healthy? Or would a vegan diet be best for your health?
>>
There is nothing inherently unhealthy about meat.

A vegan diet will typically be healthier unless you become one of those rare vegans who studies up on basic nutrition, and then it still wont necessarily be healthier than someone with an unrestricted diet.
>>
>>7804777

*a vegan diet will typically be unhealthier
>>
everything give you cancer, like fried foods if you eat 5 tonnes of it,

The thing is some of it is carcinogenic, yes, but what they don't say is how much you need to eat, and it's not cumulative.
>>
>>7804858

Really? So I need to eat a certain quantity of asbestos in one sitting to get cancer from it?
>>
>>7804869
>everything is the same thing.
>>
>>7804771
>thinly-veiled vegan thread

Eating Soy May Turn on Genes Linked to Cancer Growth
>http://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/soy-may-turn-on-genes-linked-to-cancer

Dietary Lectins as Disease Causing Toxicants
>http://scialert.net/fulltext/?doi=pjn.2009.293.303
>>
>>7804777
There is when it's the amount the average person eats today. Meat with every meal is not good for you
>>
>>7804771
>Processed meat and red meat increase the risk on some cancers.

And yet the people who eat the most cured pork and the least chicken are southern Europeans, touted as having the healthiest diet in the world
>>
>>7805177

>meat with every meal is not good for you

There's literally nothing wrong with eating meat at every meal, and to suggest otherwise is downright retarded.

On the other hand, people who insist that every meal Must include meat as the central focus or otherwise they think they've somehow been cheated are just as annoying as vegans who spout bullshit they don't know about.
>>
>>7804771
People from places in which the fish and/or white meat consumption is high are usually the ones with more health, senpai.
>>
>>7805227
>eating meat at every meal
That implies eating a large amount of meat. Of course you could interpret it to mean eat only a tiny amount of meat at each meal as you did, but take things with a grain of salt. >>7805177 clearly meant that eating large amounts of meat is unhealthy, regardless of where that meat is distributed. It seems to me that you are just arguing for the sake of argument.
>>
File: food.jpg (2MB, 3600x2613px) Image search: [Google]
food.jpg
2MB, 3600x2613px
>>7804777
>>7804783
>all these implications
Daily reminder that not being able to stuff your fat fucking face with a kilo of Slim Jims every day does not require a vegan diet

Daily reminder that it's ok to eat a fucking carrot sometimes, and it won't even make you grow man boobs, because you already had them from your steady diet of microwave White Castle burgers, you fat fuck

Daily reminder that there are ways of preparing red met, and meat in general, without dramatically increasing its carcinogenic properties

Daily reminder that when someone suggests a diet that doesn't exactly line up with your vile habit of driving to Taco Bell at 3 AM and inhaling 17 gorditas supreme, it probably doesn't mean that person is going to die, even though you've been autistically following that routine for the past 27 months and it probably feels like you would die if you deviated from that routine

Daily reminder that this board and all the fat fucking junk-food-addicted slobs that inhabit it is literally cancer incarnate

Pic related, it's what real ingredients look like, you've probably never seen this before because everything you eat comes from a fucking plastic bag and has a list of ingredients that takes a full minute to read
>>
>>7805313

>implies eating a large amount of meat

It really doesn't, and I'm not arguing for the sake of argument (well, I'm on /ck/ so maybe I am). I don't like vegans/vegetarians (even though I have many friends who are veggies), but I also don't think "eating meat for every meal" needs to mean eating a large amount of meat, or that all meat eaters are somehow deprived of vegetables, and many don't frequently eat meals without meat.

I just thought the statement that eating meat for every meal is outright bad for you was nonsensical.
>>
>>7805350

And then there's this guy >>7805343 who is projecting so hard that he's made a dozen implications while accusing me of implying something I never even came close to implying.

This is why I hate most vegans; they think that if you eat meat it means that you somehow are restricting yourself from eating vegetables, or somehow having a balanced diet.
>>
>>7804858

Did you know that one of the compounds produced when you brown food causes cancer? Any food, meat or vegetable, develops acrylamide when cooked over heat.

Cancer is a fucking crap-shoot RNG fest luck game. Best not to fucking worry about it and focus on things that you CAN affect, like cardiovascular health.
>>
>>7805354
>a picture of fish and chicken and pork and eggs
>"this is why I hate vegans"
See: "you've probably never seen this before because everything you eat comes from a fucking plastic bag and has a list of ingredients that takes a full minute to read"

You'd be amazed at what real food looks like. Or perhaps horrified. I'm not sure if you're prepared for the shocking truth: that some meat actually has bones and skin on it! Yes, this is because it comes from animals and not Ronald McDonald's magical box of burgers.
>>
>>7805358

Quote the part I (or whoever) wrote that implied I don't eat real ingredients, because I'm pretty sure that was the point of everything I've said.

Regardless of posting a picture with meat in it, you're using a vegan train of thought by claiming (by some leap of logic) that I eat nothing but processed garbage and fast food, just because I don't agree with the statement that you're going to get cancer if you don't have an occasional vegetarian meal.
>>
>>7805343
I used to have a roommate who thought cabbage and lettuce were the cooked and raw forms of the same food
>>
>>7805181
Mediterranean diet meme was the worst thing to happen to portuguese cuisine, historicaly we never had most of that stuff,
>>
>>7805368
I'm using a vegan train of thought by thinking it's ok to say, poach a fish instead of frying it in 500 degree oil, is that so? It's vegan to think it's ok not to eat, as you put it, "unrestricted" quantities of bacon cheeseburgers 3 meals a day?

You are either delusional or badly in need of a dictionary
>>
>>7805375

"Unrestricted" meaning you don't cut any food groups out of your diet, not that you gorge yourself on fast food. Try to work on your reading comprehension, and maybe look at context next time.
>>
If I'm not misremembering, mortality rates are lowest among pescatarians, followed by vegetarians, then vegans, then meat eaters.

You can't really say how much of that is correlation vs causation but that's epidemiology.
>>
>>7805389
Makes sense since pescetarians/vegetarians/vegans/frutarians together don't make 10% of the population. You can't be that retarded not to know what proportion is.
>>
>>7805385
I read you just fine. You went straight from "there is nothing inherently unhealthy about meat" (correct) to "why do these vegans keep shoving their vegetables down my throat" (WTF)

It seems you are badly in need of veganism to stand as a straw man representing any of those mean, preachy jerks who have ever made a claim about nutrition that suggested that your diet might in some way not be such a great thing for long term health

You can skip that McGangBang, anon, and you won't instantly get B12 deficiency. You can probably skip it for the rest of your life, actually.
>>
>>7805398

>why do these vegans keep shoving their vegetables down my throat

I asked you for an actual quote of where I said anything remotely implying anything like that and instead you just pull bullshit out of thin air? Now who's the one arguing just for the sake of argument?
>>
>>7805408
The entire point of the thread is to provide a pretext to argue. For someone who not only was the first to respond to op, but also did the /ck/ version of Godwin by zooming straight past vegetarianism and into full-on preachy militant veganism as your imaginary opponent, maybe get off your high horse? You trolled, and I bit. That's why we're here, remember?
>>
>>7805420

>the entire point of the thread is to provide a pretext to argue

Then argue well and back up whatever point(s) you're trying to make. Also OP specifically asked about a vegan diet, so I didn't jump past anything, and gave what anyone without a bone to pick would consider a reasonable, measured reply.
>>
>>7805440
What would it mean to "argue well" to you? Post a selfie showing a bacon weave shoved halfway down my throat?

You're incapable of imagining a middle ground between a disgusting overindulgence in processed and heavily browned red meat, and a raw vegan lifestyle. That much is clear. My version of reasonable and measured would simply not get through to you, because you've constructed a framework in which anyone whose diet doesn't resemble your own is engaged in what you refer to as "vegan logic"
>>
>>7805397
Not the guy who brought it up, but I don't think that's how those studies work. I'm sure they adjust it to "deaths per 1000" or something.

I'm not going to pretend I understand it, but it's here if you want to check it out. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10479225
>>
>>7805471

Wow, I'm just drunk and passing the time by arguing with you, but it's starting to sound like you actually think you're trolling.

If you're just going to repeat yourself and respond to anything I say it's just boring.
>>
>>7805488

*not respond to anything I say
>>
>>7805488
Cool, well enjoy the drinking, I'll off to burst into a nearby steakhouse and shriek "meat is murder" at all the bloodmouths. I realized thanks to you that the dinner I ate was actually vegan because it contained something from each of the four food groups, and therefore I need to live up to the name.
>>
>>7804771
I don't think there's enough research to go one way or the other, so it probably doesn't make a noticeable difference. I would recommend getting your protein from a mixture of animal and plant based products to vary your diet as much as possible.
>>
>>7805397
Read more carefully before you post and don't call people retards.
>mortality rates
>rates
>implying it's per population, not total deaths.
>>
>>7805181
>>7805181
>And yet the people who eat the most cured pork and the least chicken are southern Europeans
Is this actually true? I would have thought Germany or Poland or USA would consume the most cured pork. I'd assume Indians consume the least chicken, since they're mostly veggies. Anyone have stats for this kind of stuff? Very interested!
>>
>>7804771

A well researched, well planned vegan diet based around whole foods is likely the healthiest thing you can eat. There are a wide, wide range of fruits and vegetables that have been repeatedly proven to be protective against any and all cancers you can name. No study has ever shown that eating animal foods can reduce your cancer risk - only the opposite. That said, "vegan" is a shitty term that doesn't mean much in terms of health. You could eat nothing but potato chips and be a vegan. However, virtually all factory farmed animal food is bad for you.

A close second to vegan is a diet still heavily based around lots of whole fruits, vegetables and grains with naturally raised and/or wild animal foods a few times a week. Modern processing techniques, pollution (fish would probably be excellent for your health if the oceans weren't full of toxins and heavy metals), unnatural animal feed (cows aren't supposed to eat grain) etc etc all go a long way toward making it very difficult to find healthy animal foods.

Nearly all studies showing that animal foods are bad for you are based on conventional/factory produced animal food so it's possible that traditionally raised and prepared animal foods aren't as bad for you or are even good but there's not really any science proving it yet. If you want to reduce any potential health risks while still eating meat, eat grass fed beef, eggs and meat from chickens that are actually free range, not just the bullshit marketing version of it, etc etc.
>>
Better dead than no red
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.