[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Oregon for the weekend. This stuff is pretty good although

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: iPhoneUpload_pk8y7qpgzr.jpg (291KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
iPhoneUpload_pk8y7qpgzr.jpg
291KB, 1600x1200px
In Oregon for the weekend. This stuff is pretty good although I do think Cabot is better. May be just because I'm an East Coast boy.

Anything good I should look for here besides Asian food and seafood (I hate seafood)?
>>
Saying where you are in Oregon would be a start.

>seafood and asian food is what oregon is apparently known for
>>
>mfw americans think they can make cheddar
If it's not from England, it's not cheddar. If it's not from Italy, it's not parmesan. If it's not from France, it's not brie etc.
>>
>>7781221
We have this in Texas.

I don't know why you think that's some sort of local brand.
>>
>>7781261
>Not knowing that the type of cheese and region was only created by local microbes and in the current time period we can import / export said growth microbes rendering regional classifications absolute shit
>>
>>7781221

10 oz snack bar??? it's that like 1100 calories
>>
>>7781261
if it didn't come out of your moms vagina, it's not a faggot
>>
>>7781275
>american butthurt that none of his cheese is real
>>
>>7781274

It just means that it's made in a size so that you can slice it up and the pieces fit nicely on crackers, not that the entire thing is meant to be eaten in one sitting as a snack...
>>
File: snack.jpg (89KB, 600x721px) Image search: [Google]
snack.jpg
89KB, 600x721px
>>7781286
Sure thing my Ameriblob friend
>>
>>7781274
>1100 kcals
>a lot
somebody doesnt lift
>>
>>7781221
How on Earth could you just take a bite out it like that? Jesus. I mean, I will admittedly be obese sometimes and cut small chunk and eat it by itself but Jesus christ.
>>
>>7781462

>kcals

I've been lifting since you were in diapers fagit
>>
>>7781294
Everyone knows this isn't a photo the snack-sized block of cheese. This is a main luncheon course portion block. Dyec?
>>
>>7781265
He didn't say it was a local brand. It is based in Oregon though.
>>
>>7781279
Humboldt Fog is real.
>>
>tillamook
>cabot
>president
>jarlsberg
>smoked gouda
I want americans to stop talking about cheese
>>
>>7781827
Wisconsin cheddar is world renown as superior to all others.
>>
>>7781279
>Ignorant European doesn't know shit outside his borders
NY, Oregon, and CA make great cheeses.
>>
Vermont cheese is based as fuck. Only Switzerland and France beat them in terms of cheeses
>>
>>7781827

Only two of those are American, though smoked Gouda is made in the US.
>>
>>7781865
I know, but americans here seem to think what I listed are the pinnacle of cheese making
>>
>>7781221
who the fuck eats a whole stick of cheddar as a snack?
>>
>>7781949

*americans who only shop at walmart
>>
>>7781949
So? Your knowledge of cheese is undoubtedly weaker than mine, but that mean you can't have your favorites.
>>
>>7781221
they had this expensive ""sharp cheddar"" at the store marked down and 2 for 1. I ended up giving one to my dad who ate a third of it at most and then it went off. Really pissed me off, i finished mineand it was pretty good, won an award and shit. Dad is an asshole
>>
>>7781959
>Snack bar
>>
I live in Coos Bay, Oregon so I can find this cheese all the time. Good stuff.
>>
>>7781968
>Dad is an asshole
said everyone ever
>>
>>7781221

I take it you're on the coast because you speak of seafood.

Oregon isn't particularly great at anything and the native produce/meat isn't anything to write home about. Local berry pies are good; blackberry and other berries with silly names. Salmon isn't too bad. Oregon has great micro brews.

The rest of the unique cuisine here can't really be bought. You need to go out and kill it / catch it.
>>
>>7781977
i only bought it in the first place because he is doing keto (his own version at least) and complained there was nothing he could eat
>>
>>7781978
>>7781221
Tillamook ice cream is great, especially marionberry pie one.
Coffee is great at the hipster places (go to a hipster looking place other than Stumptown, like Coava, Barista, Heart, etc)
Beer is good too, there are lots of microbreweries. Pinot noir is also good here.
If you are near Portland there are all the standard tourist places like voodoo donuts (too sweet for me), blue star donuts, salt and straw ice cream. There are lots of fancy restaurants there as well.

If you are on the coast, somewhere like Newport, then obviously seafood is the thing to get.
>>
>>7781261
mfw EU laws make that true for you but not for us. Even if you want to argue it can't be exactly the same or can't be infused with as many generations of expert cheese husbandry, its at the very least cheddar style of preparation with the microbes imported and the process to produce it copied. If you've never sat to compare them honestly how can you know there exists a large difference in quality?
>>
>>7781827
>americans
I want everyone to stop talking about them.
>>
File: iPhoneUpload_8c077mcimw.jpg (342KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
iPhoneUpload_8c077mcimw.jpg
342KB, 1200x1600px
I also found these chips. Very very very crunchy. And good. If Cape Cod chips are the glory of the east, then surely these are the glory of the west.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.