[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any simple recipes that don't require you to either

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1386551001047.jpg (2MB, 1350x4638px) Image search: [Google]
1386551001047.jpg
2MB, 1350x4638px
Are there any simple recipes that don't require you to either already have a fully stocked kitchen with every herb spice and canned good conceived or be prepared to spend $25 to make a few servings of one meal?

I'm basically working with a kitchenette here and I've got salt, pepper, and flour as cooking staples. I can't find a single thing, even sandwich recipes, that don't require a fuckload of mixed ingredients in fractional amounts.

Pic is kind of ideal. Just some basic items I can pick up and don't end up with 90 pounds of bullshit that'll spoil in two days, or spend $300 on spices
>>
Chicken breasts - $5
Panko bread - $2
Ragu - $2
Parmesan - $4

Season the chicken
Flour it
Bread it
Fry it
Top with sauce and cheese

Two servings of chicken parmesan.
>>
Salt
Pepper
Ground 75 25 beef. 5 lbs
Ground 85 15 beef. 5 lbs
Bakery fresh buns
Dijon mustard, etc any topping you like

Make 6 medium sized patties, roughly 3/4 inch thick, press in center a small bit to it cooks evenly through

Cook 3 minutes per side for well done on the grill
>>
>>7756604
>cutting off the root
>>
Pork 2lb - $4
Onion - $0.75
BBQ sauce - $3

Slow cook pork with onion and seasoning
Pull apart when done
Cover with BBQ sauce

4-6 servings of pulled pork
>>
>>7756604
welcome to cooking, the only time you're going to get away with less ingredients is if you own the following staples

Potatos, rice, barely, beans, onions.
Once you have those though, you're good to go. you can also skip one or two of them, but they will get you a diverse ammount of food or soups for very little extra besides the bulk
>>
File: Borshch2.jpg (60KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
Borshch2.jpg
60KB, 480x359px
>>7756604
Sounds like you're after Glorious Soviet Cuisine, Comrade!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_cuisine
>It is characterised by a limited number of ingredients and simplified cooking.
>>
>>7756677

why is there jizz on top of the bisquets with a whole bowl of extrra milky jizz on the side, is this some kind of commie gay rights protest propaganda?
>>
>>7756686
>implying you should ever eat borscht without a good scoop of sour cream
The stuff on the pampushky is probably butter. Can't see too well at that resolution.
>>
>>7756677
thats ukranian cuisine, not soviet
>>
>>7756604
Buy some steak. Whatever kind you want and cook it however you want.

Buy 1 yellow squash, 2 zuchinni, 1 small onion, 1 pack of sliced mushrooms, and some garlic. Should cost under 8$. Cut squash and zucchini into 1/4 inch rounds, slice onion. Stir fry until soft. Will taste better with 2$ generic brand of italian seasoning.
Serve steak and stir fry with starch of your choice.
>>
>>7756730
>thats ukranian

ya, so fucking commies?
>>
>>7756604
>>7756677

Hungarian Goulash

At its most simple, it's just:

about a kg of chuck steak, cubed
about a kg of potato, cubed
a literal fistful of paprika (I'm talking 80-90g)
water to cover

Then you put it all in a big pot and cover and simmer for at least an hour, up to four or five if you're using particularly tough meat. Serve by itself, or with rice if you want to keep long term costs down. Possible additions include onion, garlic, carrot and sweet potato. It's also possible to use heart instead of chuck steak, but that will require 4+ hours of cooking and will always be slightly chewy.
>>
Cabbage and Potato Soup

Mince half a head of cabbage
Dice a few russet potatoes
Toss them in a pot with stock

Simmer until done
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.