[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Montreal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (18KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 275x183px
I'm going to spending a long weekend in Montreal soon and I want to try as much of the local classics as I can.

Outside of Poutine, what should I be looking for? All I've heard what Schwartz Smoked meat sandwich is another cant miss.

Anyone been to Montreal?
>>
>>7756053
My dad did business there and he raved about some duck he had at a deli. The bagels are supposed to be world class too.
>>
try smoked meat and bagels from various places including the famous ones, the bagels are way better than new york bagels, they are so crispy and not doughy or spongey
>>
Club Le 281 should be right up your alley
>>
>>7756053
Yeah you're pretty much looking at all they have. Meme poutine
>>
>>7756069
For bagels, go to St-Viateur street
>>
>>7756053
a couple good crepe places.
creperie chez suzette is a good place if you like that kind of thing
>>
schwartz is good, but go to the main restaurant which is on the other side of the street. its literally the same thing but you wont have to do the queue to get your sandwich.

for poutine i'd say go to poutineville or simply get it from one of the many greasy spoons you'll find around town (typical is la belle province).
a poutine and two toasted, all dressed hot dogs is simply the best drunk food you can get.

what budget do you have for restaurants tho?

ask away if you have any questions.
>>
File: legendre.jpg (59KB, 588x534px) Image search: [Google]
legendre.jpg
59KB, 588x534px
>>7756053
Montréal is the big city, with all the jews and touristy spots.

The place you want to go is Laval. It what makes Montreal so special!

Historic laval is just gorgeous with early highway engineering!

Don't miss the Scottish joint on CUré-Labelle and Notre Dame!

In Chomedey, downtown Laval, most people don't understand french and speak only in english You can also practice your arabic!

If you're with your girlfriend, have a romantic evening at Bar Les Déesses. It's the classiest dance club of all the Montréal area.
>>
>>7756053
they have world-class strip joints there if youre into that. those places may or may not serve food, but will serve alcohol.
>>
>>7756053
>la belle province
>dagwoods
>dic ann's
>dunn's famous
>moishes
>lafleur

all montreal native chains/restaurants and worth checking out at least once.

montreal has a significant jewish population and the bagels are really good as a result. st. viateur is a staple.

montreal's urban core is also filled to the brim with top tier ethnic cuisine, go wild on urbanspoon

>>7756117
100% meme

laval is an utter shithole suburban island that was run by a corrupt dictator for decades
>>
>>7756117
this is A+ trolling

>>7756112
>ordering toasted instead steamed hot dogs
>ever

What you're looking for, op, a "moutarde-choux steamé" (moo-tard choo stee-meh)
>>
>>7756135

>recommending you take your girlfriend to a strip club for a classy night on the town
>A+ trolling

pick one
>>
>>7756135
senpai youre crazy
>>
Oh yeah OP >>7756053,>>7756124
La belle pro is a must, dic anns is cool if you drive by, dunn's makes lesser quality sandies than Schwartz/lester/Main but it's open 24h and pretty decent.

If you can treat yourself at joe beef or the caca papillon (I forgot the name) or a great restaurant.

For a first time in town tourists, my spots:

a late afternoon drink on the terrasse of the Hyatt hotel.

Walk around the mountain after a big night drinking and have a portuguese chicken sandwich at cocorico on St-Laurent.

Hit a strip club. Gentlemens choice is probably the best fits all your need one downtown. If you want classy go Parée, if you want to lunch while watching tits go sexe d'or.

Just walk around the downtown area, old montreal, plateau, it's always lively in summer.

Get trashed at Alexandraplatz if you're hipster.

If you're a young one, hit st-laurent for some crayzy clubbing!
>>
File: SteaméDOg.jpg (95KB, 525x350px) Image search: [Google]
SteaméDOg.jpg
95KB, 525x350px
>>7756135
show them the picture
>>
>>7756135
>this is A+ trolling
Taking your girlfriend to a strip club is basically a night of guaranteed kinky sex.
>>
File: abomination.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
abomination.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Yeh is a meme tier frozen yogurt company owned by a jew that is native to montreal and has locations in trendy areas around town. charges slightly too much ofc

scarily has the potential to be huge, and its such a gross brand/image
>>
File: fat kid.jpg (77KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
fat kid.jpg
77KB, 960x720px
>>7756179
I see a lot of people bringing their girlfriends or lesbian groups at the déesses. The club is pretty open to that. Les déesses is really the best place around in Montréal. The girls are not (so much) pimped out prostitutes, everybody is respectful.
>>
>>7756112

Going to some pre-fix place on Sat night for dinner, apparently it specilzes in tacos and fried chicken.

Probably want to keep it below $25.00 USD
>>
File: qcvandalisme.jpg (201KB, 650x434px) Image search: [Google]
qcvandalisme.jpg
201KB, 650x434px
>>7756193
>pre-fix
>PRE-FIX

PRIX FIXE!!
APPRENDS LE FRANÇAIS MON OSTI D'IMMIGRÉ!!

RENTRE CHEZ VOUS!
>>
If its sunny out go sit down and relax in a park (Jeanne-Mance, Mont-Royal, Laurier, Lafontaine) with some beers and food. Walk on Saint-Laurent or Parc up to the mile-end neighborhood, have coffee at melbourne cafe, cafe olimpico, etc., have a drink on terraces you'll find around there.

Make your way up to mile-ex, go sit outside and have a drink at Alexandraplatz and then hit up Mile-Ex restaurant for an amazing meal. There's also le Pick Up which is a small corner store where they make a great pulled pork sandwich. Definitely more of a lunch option though.

Most clubs are garbage, except for Le Bleury or Datcha sometimes. For nights out, hit up the montreal listings on resident advisor. (https://www.residentadvisor.net/events.aspx?ai=40). The best nights are usually the ones with undisclosed location.
>>
>>7756183
The brand and its image are great for attracting its target clientele.
>>
>>7756217
also bagels, stop at fairmount bagels on saint-urbain and fairmount. they can prepare it for you with cream cheese, unlike at saint-viateur's bagel s where they'll only sell you the stuff separated.

Also right by the fairmount bagels theres Kem Coba which makes great ice cream.
>>
File: pkp.jpg (47KB, 640x439px) Image search: [Google]
pkp.jpg
47KB, 640x439px
>>7756207
so tell me, my "muh Quebec libre" friend, how badly do you cry yourself to sleep at night?
>>
File: habs_fuck.jpg (118KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
habs_fuck.jpg
118KB, 495x495px
>>7756338
>i'm not an angry jewish anglophone wanting to scare tourists away
>>
>>7756135
>op, a "moutarde-choux steamé
Oh shit, I think I just found my soul nigga

Crawling out of a show for a couple steame was my favourite thing in the fucking world
>>
>>7756053
Go to Lester's deli instead of Schwartz's.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.