[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make a philly cheesesteak? Also, beginner recipes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Philly Cheesesteak.jpg (204KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Philly Cheesesteak.jpg
204KB, 1920x1280px
How do you make a philly cheesesteak? Also, beginner recipes?
>>
I personally prefer it 'go style with the steak on top of the cheese. Throw a couple of pineapples on it and finish it off with an IPA
>>
File: italian_beef.jpg (88KB, 770x682px) Image search: [Google]
italian_beef.jpg
88KB, 770x682px
>>7753701

>shitposters don't even know that 'go style cheesesteak is in fact the superior version
>>
>>7753701
Is eating a philly without ketchup the newest meme on the market?
>>
>>7753712
could use some more tomato sauce on top
>>
>>7753712
>over two times more pickled garbage than meat

Thank Christ I'm not poor
>>
>>7753725

not that poster but I prefer all of my food that way. i'm not against eating meat but goddamn so many people eat way more than they should/need.
>>
>>7753691

aged prime rib sliced thinly on ciabatta roll with cave aged appenzeller, sauteed vidalia onions, vine ripened yellow bells, and shaved black truffle
>>
>>7753736
Why not add some sriracha and avocado and bacon, you meme lord?
>>
>>7753691
I've done it two ways - one, buy a hunk of skirt steak or flank steak, put it in the freezer for a bit so it gets icy, and then shave off pieces off with your knife, then just cook the meat. OR you can buy sliced roast beef at a deli and cook the meat more.
>>
>>7753755
>sriracha

3rd world shit sauce on my fine sandwich? tsk tsk
>>
>>7753691
40% of the taste comes from how thinly sliced the quality meat is, another 40% comes from the bread.

The last 20% comes from how you cooked it, the toppings, the cheese, etc. If you don't live near Philly its not going to be as good just because you don't have access to what makes them good
>>
>>7753803
>other places don't have quality meat or bread
>>
wonderbread classic hot dog buns
steak-umms
cheez whiz

wala
>>
>>7753803
the meat is probably prison-tier.

You're delusional my friend. The philly cheesesteak is one of the longest running memes there is.
>>
A cheesesteak has exactly four ingredients to be considered authentic.

>Amoroso roll
>thinly-sliced ribeye steak
>onions
>choice of cheese: provolone, Whiz, American (any are acceptable)
>>
>get a hoagie bun
>put spaghetti in bun
>put hotdog in bun
>top it off with a slice of american cheese
>bake
>>
Not a native but I've been living in Philly for about a year now.

The traditional is like the poster a couple up mentioned: roll, steak, onions, cheese. Though if you don't get wiz, you usually get ketchup.

I usually get weird looks when i order mine, but I don't care, it's what I like.

Roll, steak, sauteed peppers and onions, provolone, mayo, spicy mustard.
>>
>>7753712
Are those pickled jalapenos?
>>
Cheese steak and cheese wiz.
Peppers are optional.

Anyone who says other wise isnt from Philly
>>
How do I make cheese steak at home? Do I just buy a bulky steak and shave off meat and cook that?
>>
>>7753736
that sounds bomb af
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2QNAMT4-6Q

E L E M E N T A L
>>
File: 1465222210993.jpg (65KB, 709x495px) Image search: [Google]
1465222210993.jpg
65KB, 709x495px
>>7753755
Who the fuck looks at a recipe suggestion that includes "Aged prime rib... and shaved black truffle" and thinks

>wow I bet that guy wants hot sauce and bacon on there too.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.