[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /serviceindustry/ here? How was your week?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Who /serviceindustry/ here?

How was your week?
>>
>>7748536
dumbest jpg in recent /ck/ history
>>
Dominos delivery driver here. Been here a month, they already want to make me an MIT. They only make 9 an hour which is less I made washing dishes and less I would make on the road delivering. On the other hand, it would be good experience. I hate it all though and I work 9-11 hour days for relatively little pay, the management is pretty bad, although a nice enough guy, and there are a number of jerks there.
>>
File: 1431258763914.jpg (35KB, 558x480px) Image search: [Google]
1431258763914.jpg
35KB, 558x480px
>>7748536
pizza delivery anon here, does that count?
>>
Plebian mustard shirt at McDonald's

Watching some 50 year old man stress out so much he regularly throws up due to inspections lmao. Also found a hole in the changing rooms that some cunt dug so he could watch women change
>>
>>7748565

Get the training and title, suffer for a few months, then try and go work somewhere else.

"Manager" always looks good on applications. Use it to get a cushy job managing some restaurant making $13-15/h or salary doing essentially nothing. The FOH manager at the place I work at makes about $13 an hour and the hardest thing he has to do is occasionally dealing with drunks.
>>
>>7748536
I wrangle online grocery deliveries.
Bank holiday made it a four day week.
A busted pipe busted again, and dumped water all over the place for friday. Having discovered what it was, I decided it wasn't worth attacking with a mop, and let the lake sit.
My team leader cleared it up while I was on break.
I was asked what I wanted to improve the job. I'll draw up a list for that tomorrow.
New team leader to replace the old one who got promoted away from us is a lazy cunt who caused shit to go out late when I discovered I couldn't rely on him to do his fucking job. I don't like him, and think the guy trying to use me and my hard work to get promoted to manager is a better choice. I told him as such last week, and he seemed pleased with that. I just want someone giving orders that I actually like/respect. I don't want the fucking job, I don't want to work 12 hour days, go home for a handful of hours sleep, then turn up for a late shift.
They're hiring new drivers. I'm gonna go for it, see if I pass the driving test, and hope.
Freezer got left open thursday night, melted everywhere. My remarks about the ice did NOT mean 'prop it open all fucking night'. The de-icing bar is for physically smashing ice sheets the shovel won't crack, not for propping the door open, dammit.
It didn't dry out enough for me to be certain the powdered salt is still on the floor. And I'm pretty sure the stuff left in there overnight wasn't safe due to defrosting.

Off for a week starting wednesday, for a festival. I dread to think of the mess left behind without me to clear up after people, but if I'm not there, it's not my problem. I am not paid enough to care when I'm not there. They pay me enough to give a shit while I AM at work, just about.

Not sure if the dickhead team leader needs yelling at, or if I can direct someone else to do the yelling. People seem to think I'm joking when I ask them to train their peers, but I'm really not.
>>
>>7748588
I thought this as well, but some people have said I should get a job at a retail place, because according to them it is easy to move up the ladder at a Belk or JC Penny.
>>
File: IMG_20160519_174849.jpg (813KB, 1528x2058px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160519_174849.jpg
813KB, 1528x2058px
>not serving hand potatoes in your restaurant.
>>
>>7748546
It's le black twitter. Not expecting a strong work ethic from thugs at the local Panera.
>>
>>7748536
let go from dishwashing job at nice restaurant. started getting better and faster by the end of the first week there, but fuck a restaurant with 16 dollar entrees, 10 dollar beers, appetizers and desserts for all of the rich people sitting around at their meal and doesn't even tip out the dishwasher. or have a morning or afternoon dishwasher. it was 3:30 with breakfast and brunch shit everywhere til midnight if lucky, with tons of action the entire time, with zero help (no buss boy). servers even asked me to buss their tubs for them through the back of the kitchen during dinner service, like what the fuck? most of it just became a matter of being lonely and feeling used with no back of house camaraderie. $11.50 an hour was nice, but ... i'm too tall, too old, too educated to do dishes again.. fuck it. and the food wasn't even that good. with no free meal! and no break room! pathetic restaurant...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.