[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Cuisine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: gouda.jpg (2MB, 2100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
gouda.jpg
2MB, 2100x1400px
Going to the Netherlands over the summer, tell me about their cuisine. All I know is gouda is delicious.
>>
>>7745587
They cook their food in ovens powered by methane and sulfur dioxide and put cannabis in their coffee.

also
>gouda
>delicious
it's not that great. it's goudanuff for me though
>>
Try the authenic corner k'bap and the rawkost

Also the local d'ritos and the "bakkie pleur" are excelent 'tch Q'cuine

Wollah

Our best 'cuine comes from vending machines
>>
>>7745991
What. I only know about 'go 'za i dont know any dutch yet
>>
File: maatjes.jpg (230KB, 937x800px) Image search: [Google]
maatjes.jpg
230KB, 937x800px
have some maatjes
>>
>>7745587
Their traditional cuisine is so fucking shit that they all ended up eating nothing but sandwiches.

t. somebody that lived 2 years in Rotterdam and had time to eat out.
>>
>>7745587

i'm sorry anon, but the dutch aren't that great in the kitchen. they're famous for dairy products, but they kinda suck too.

you're best off eating asian food in holland desu
>>
>>7746239
>>7746246
I remember a Dutch guy telling me their cuisine consisted entirely of boiled meats and grasses. I laughed
>>
Typical dutch : andijvie stampot with unox rookworst , and anything with the term "stamppot" in it. Try a "kroket" on a sandwich for lunch . Basically for dinner its potato's, a piece of meat and some veggies. Practice on 'prakken' . And for breakfast try "hagelslag". Not much of a 'cuisine', though. If you want to eat a different level of that, try and visit the restaurant of Jonnie Boer....
>>
>>7746071
>>7746239
>>7746267

OP here, a quick scan of the wiki page and these replies have me disheartened. Am I just gonna end up eating cheese and bread for 2 months? Some of their fish 'dishes' seem gnarly as fuck
>>
No worries mate. Ask around among locals and you'll be finding a few jems among local restarants in no time ;)
>>
>>7746448

Dutch food sucks
>>
There's good places to eat out, but actual dutch food is nothing to write home about.
>>
File: boerenkool.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
boerenkool.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>>7745587
Dutch co/ck/sucker here

Our food isn't really something that's special. Most of the traditional stuff is winter food (i.e. boerenkool), tasteless, or only slightly different from what neighbouring countries have,

I'd recommend pastries, desserts and snacks, since that's the only thing we really do. Stroopwafels, vlaai and some liquorice types are delicious.
Snackbars are an option too, you can take stuff like the frikandel, it's a seasoned sausage shaped meat thing. bretty good.

If I may ask, where exactly are you going?

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask
>>
>>7746448
Netherlands are basically the America of Europe, just replace burgers and mac n cheese with frikaandel and krokets.

You'll probably end up mostly eating junk food because supermarkets such as Albert Heijn are expensive as fuck compared to most other EU countries I've been, and the quality isn't there despite the price.

If you feel like eating meat just find some Argentinian steakhouse, asian restaurants will also be there. The plus of the Netherlands is the proximity with Belgium which opens up to a lot of abbey beers and such. If you're American and think microbrew wankers are the shit you're in for a ride.

Be careful though, 2 months of junk food + lot of beer = gaining weight.
>>
>>7746448
There'll be plenty of foreign restaurants. Just stick to those. Tons of Indonesian places for instance.
>>
File: salma_hayek_huge_boobs.jpg (71KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
salma_hayek_huge_boobs.jpg
71KB, 500x750px
try the meatballs
heard they're better then the ones from IKEA
>>
i fucking hate being dutch
>>
I live here (moved a few years ago) and can tell you that dutch cuisine isn't really something you want to get at a restaurant. For that reasons, there's not even a lot of restaurants that have dutch cooked food

But they do have all kinds of snacks and such. I would try a few of those instead of bothering to find a good stamppot place

I would suggest the following:
- uitsmijter - you can find these in bars that also serve food usually (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strammer_Max)
- kroket https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croquette and/or frikandel - fast food
- patatje oorlog - fast food
- stroopwafels - these are pretty good
- poffertjes - little cute pancakes

and most importantly, in just about any bar, get biterballen with your belgian beer; they will hopefully server them with mustard as well; under no circumstances should you just bite out of them while they're hot, the inside is fucking hot and you can get some serious burns (personal experience, was retarded I know)

basically they specialize in food that goes well with beer/parties
>>
>>7747091
you mean the ones made of horse meat?
>>
oh and obviously try some 'imported' dutch food, which is actually 3x better than real dutch food

ask around or find places that make good Roti/Bahmi/Nasi

and depending on whether you like turkish food, I personally really love Köfte Schotel
>>
>>7747240
>patatje oorlog
frietje oorlog
>>
>>7747330
yea yea w/e

you might as well explain where all that debate comes from
in either case, in all the place where they serve it they call it patat, I haven't seen any joint selling frietje oorlog

is everyone butthurt because patat is from turkish or something?
>>
Traditional dutch food is an abomination that should not be eaten by anyone. Except boerenkool stampot maybe.

The snacks are good, the indonesian influenced kitchen is good* and there's a wide range of dairy, deserts and pastries that are great as well. A fish stand visit is a must for raw herring and kibbeling. Also I'd suggest trying donner and other dunecoon food.

*Do note that indonesian food from restaurants is usually good, homecooked food is usually a sad affair. Under seasoned by a huge margin, very tough overcooked meat, vegetables that are either boiled to snot or basically raw, overcooked rice and no other side dishes other than frozen cheap saté and maybe some sambal. Atjar if they're trying to be "exotic and fancy".

Most of my countrymen can not cook and refuse to acknowledge it.
>>
>>7747330
lol flikker.
>>
>>7747364
As a dutchman myself, I too find traditional dutch cuisine to be foul.
But I wonder, why? We are historically a potpourri of all different kinds of cultures and nationalities because of our identity as a trading nation.
How come everything tastes so bland then? We had plenty of money/oppurtunity to introduce flavour into the kitchen, so why didn't we?
>>
>>7748001
Actually some dutch food can be made quite flavorfull. The issue is that our culture doesn't have respect for food. Lazy soccermoms that have a bizare view of how to do a household are also in charge of cooking dinner. Shortcuts are used, boiling everything to shit so they can watch tv, no spices or anything fancy. Everything has to be pre made, pre cut and pre seasoned. See my rant about indonesian food.

And the worst thing is most people are content with it, and some are even so picky that they don't want anything else. boiled meat vegetable and potato sludge can be created while watching tv and doing other crap.
>>
Dutch food is pretty boring. I'm not a fan of raw/fermented fish so that didn't do it for me.

The fried snacks and croquets or whatever are nice when drunk/high. You must get drunk/high and visit a FEBO too. And Belgian fries with mayo in those cones... hnnng

And of course Indonesian food is awesome there.
>>
File: laugh77.jpg (3KB, 125x88px) Image search: [Google]
laugh77.jpg
3KB, 125x88px
I'd love to go to Holland, wooden shoe?
>>
>>7748132
I lol'd
>>
Been to the Netherlands several times, and their food is their weakness. The place is beautiful, the people are nice and cultured as fuck. But aside from good bread and cheese you're probably going to find th food pretty weak. You'll still have to try some of the junk food from FEBO anyways. If you want something good go to an Indonesian restaurant.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.