[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some desserts / sweet stuff that a beginner can attempt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

What are some desserts / sweet stuff that a beginner can attempt?
>>
chocolate chip cookies, you have to be literally mentally challenged to fuck those up
>>
Rice pudding is probably the easiest.
At its most basic:

Rice, 1 cup
Salt, a pinch
Water, 4 cups
Milk, 2 cups
Sugar, to taste

Put rice, water and salt in a pot or pan and set to high heat, uncovered.
Bring to the boil and allow to cook, stirring occasionally.
When reduced and quite thick, add sugar and milk.
Dissolve sugar and allow pudding to cook down to desired thickness, then off the heat and chill.

You can also make variations to the recipe, like swapping in coconut milk for regular milk or using hot chocolate mix in place of sugar. You can also stew certain fruits, like mangoes and cherries, with the pudding or simply use them as a topping. You can add spices (cardamom is nice) or nuts.
Super easy and pretty nice.
>>
>>7714612
this, also cheesecake is pretty hard to fuck up. maybe like muffins. If it's more for like a dinner party try to make a simple panacotta or any type of pie.
>>
It's pretty damn hard to fuck up brownies OP, try them.
>>
If you can't make pancakes and scones you're clinically retarded

Three (maybe four) and two (maybe three) ingredients respectively
>>
>>7714759

I've never made desserts before either, I will try this one. Is there an easy way to make custard pudding? They don't have that in my country.
>>
>>7714813
Custards are a little more involved. Basically, beat some whole eggs, egg yolks and sugar to uniform yellow, generally, one yolk and one whole egg is enough for one cup of milk/cream.

Heat some milk and/or cream to a simmer and whip it a little at a time into the egg mixture until about half the milk/cream has been added. If using only one each yolk and whole egg, that means you're adding about a half cup of warm dairy to it before moving on to the next step.

While whisking constantly, pour in the remainder of the milk/cream in a slow-but-steady stream.

Finally, pour the mixture through a sieve and into the top half of a double boiler, stirring constantly, until the mixture cooks to desired thickness.
>>
Semolina pudding is very easy
>>
applesauce
>>
Banana bread
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.