[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you cut down on your sugar consumption yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: too-much-sugar.jpg (977KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
too-much-sugar.jpg
977KB, 1000x667px
Why haven't you cut down on your sugar consumption yet?
>>
>>7705149
Because Michigan. Who the fuck do you think you are, Texas?
>>
Because I'm not a keto memeshitter
>>
>>7705149
Yes, I've been sugar free for 32 days now. Lost 14 lbs, too.
>>
I don't eat anything that contains more than 5% sugar.
>>
>>7705189
You sound like a cuck m8
>>
>>7705149
because cookies and icecream are way too fucking good. it's just not worth it.
>>
I've only drunk fermented sugars for years, and only use refined sugars in weeb type recipes, or in desserts, which I only cook for other people.

A third of a can of soda makes me feel sick, now I just have to cut down on the liquor.
>>
I drink too much when I cook TT-TT
>>
>>7705331
So do you fuccboi. Does your boyfriend know you're on 4chan?
>>
>>7705149
Because I'm not a fatty glutton so can eat a high sugar/carb diet without putting on a pound.
>>
Because it makes me not wanna die.
>>
>>7705376
Yeah, he's posting pics of me on /hm/
>>
>>7705334
/thread
>>
>>7705178
Is that something you are trying to stick to permanently, or are you just trying it out to see how you feel?
>>
Sweetness is essential in cooking, it doesn't have to come from refined sugar, but it's all sugar in the end right?
>>
>>7705459
Is he a cuck too?
>>
I actually have a lot lately. But I still eat a ridiculous amount of fat.
>>
Sugar's not unhealthy in small/moderate amounts, right? I'd assume that's a bit more true if the person doesn't lie in bed literally all day. I'm thinking like 50 grams/day or less.
>>
>Why haven't you cut down on your sugar consumption yet?
Bitch, I came up in my divorce, I DON'T NEED TO. WHAT? WHAT?
>>
I put aspartame in my chili to make it sweet. amidoinitrite?
>>
>>7705547
Technically, any amount is unhealthy. Everyone also responds differently to sugar. There are lots of different limits, most are around 30g per day.
>>
>>7705582
>Technically, any amount is unhealthy.

Can you elaborate? I was under the impression that adverse effects of sugar come from consuming large quantities.
>>
>>7705599
That's what I mean by technically. One gram isn't good for, it just isn't as bad for you as 100 grams.

Depends what you meant too, I guess. "Not unhealthy" is a weird thing to say. Isn't the opposite of unhealthy, healthy? Is there something in between? Not going to kill me?

It's kind of like expired food. Can you eat it? Probably. Should you?
>>
>>7705547
Cyanide's not unhealthy in small amounts, either. I eat apple seeds all the time, and feel great.
>>
File: 1463763212058.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1463763212058.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>7705582
Yeah people should stop eating fruits, they are loaded with sugar
>>
>>7705599

Naturally occurring sugar is good for you. There have been studies of people eating 200-300g of sugar a day entirely from fruit and it had no measurable negative effect on them.

Artificial or added sugar is always bad for you. A little amount isn't as bad as a large amount but you should still try to restrict it as much as you possibly can. Your body treats any kind of isolated, processed sugar as a toxin. Think of it like alcohol. You can have an occasional drink and not suffer the sort of health effects you would if you were an alcoholic but even that occasional drink is damaging to your body. It's just not as damaging as more would be.

Like most things in life, it's up to you to decide how much damage you're willing to do to your body in exchange for the pleasure you get from the unhealthy things you consume.
>>
>>7705643
You should try it. If you eat fruit daily, you'll be surprised at the result after a month of replacing your fruit intake with more vegetables.
>>
>>7705651

>you would be surprised if you reduced your calorie intake you will lose weight
>>
>>7705651
What a retarded statement. Fruits are perfectly fine.

It's a total certainty that you eat meat, eggs, and dairy and believe that they are completely healthy.
>>
>>7705664
The guy I was responding to was being sarcastic, in case you suffer from Poe's Retardation.

>>7705668
Only peripherally relevant to what I said. Clear attempt to provoke rather than discuss.
>>
>>7705149
Because fuck you
>>
How much grams of added (non-natural) sugar per day is considered maximum?
>>
>>7705475
I think I'm either diabetic or pre-diabetic, so I should probably just cut out sugar permanently.

I'd rather not have soda and cake than eventually have to get insulin shots.

I don't miss it, though.
>>
>>7705149

Because I need to find a good alternative that I can stick to.

I seem to be unable to stick to healthy food if it doesn't have taste.

Garlic would fix a lot, but I keep getting told by my parents that people turn into whiny bitched when they smell garlic, so I have to find other ways to spice up whatever salad I have to stick to.
>>
>>>/qa/
>>
because I don't give a fuck and I don't have pertinent health issues at the moment so it's easy to continue not giving a fuck
>>
>>7705149
because I dont care, and since Im horrifyingly underweight and dont eat much sugar anyway, it doesnt matter
>>
>>7705149
I cut down to 1 small soda a week, no sugar/honey in my coffee/tea unless I have a sore throat or can't sleep, cut out sweet snacks save fresh fruit and 75+% dark chocolate, and use sugar sparingly in recipes. Don't really miss anything save ice cream now that it's getting hotter and I've dropped a few pounds - still have 45 to go to meet my goal though.
>>
Because sugar has no known negative effects on systemic health, it only affects teeth negatively in certain foods eaten in isolation
>>
>>7706097
Low 30s for men and mid-lower 20s for women.
>>
>>7705547
Sugar isn't unhealthy is large amount either. It just depends where you're getting it from.

The longest lived cultures in the world eat a high carb (80%~) diet. But it comes mainly from sweet potatoes and stuff like that, not coca cola. So it's not just empty calories and the fibre helps to fill you up so you don't eat insane calories worth of the stuff.
>>
>>7705149

switched to sucralose and aspartame and goddamn the weight is FLYING off
>>
>>7706810
>sucralose and aspartame

enjoy the cancer, anon.
>>
>>7705149
Because I want to kill myself.
>>
>>7706810
exactly how much sugar were you eating
>>
>>7705560
No anon your not doing it right
>>
>>7705623
Expired food is probably healthier than sugar
>>
>>7706862

Never really ate sugar in food exactly but but I was killing 3-4 24 packs of soda a week
>>
Because I get insane cravings for the stuff about once a week or so.
I'll sate that craving, usually with a cookie or donut or soda, and then regret it not five minutes later. Sugar makes me feel sick/like absolute shit, unless it's just a spoonful in my coffee or something. I hate it.
>>
I've been replacing sugar with honey in some of my baking recipes. It's not ideal but it's better than stevia or whatever.
>>
>>7707086
Sugar is a drug. Coffee is also a drug. Beer is a drug.

These are consumption drugs. Not enlightment drugs.
>>
>>7705149
Because I'm a weak-willed garbage human piece of shit, and sugar makes me forget that my life is a shattered mess of wasted opportunities and potential.
>>
>>7707248
Don't lie! Sugar doesn't make you forget. You can't forget.
>>
>>7705149
I don't consume very much sugar.

Thank god because my oral hygiene is terrible.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.