[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yogurt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: yogurt_686470.jpg (316KB, 900x602px) Image search: [Google]
yogurt_686470.jpg
316KB, 900x602px
Does /ck/ enjoy yogurt?
>>
>>7676284
Yup.

I make it by the gallon by buying a quart of plain yogurt, with active cultures, and a gallon of milk.

I eat it for breakfast with different fruits, and I add various veggies to it to make tzatziki type of sauces to use as a dip, or a topping for meats. I also use it as a substitute for buttermilk in my Habanero cornbread recipe.

Yogurt is good stuff.
>>
>>7676433
>I make it by the gallon by buying a quart of plain yogurt, with active cultures, and a gallon of milk.

Care to explain? I bought that before and all I had was a gallon of milk and a quart of yogurt.
>>
It's pretty good.

Very refreshing in the summer, too.
>>
Greek yogurt makes a great nutritional and economical lunch. You can literally spend the same amount you would for one restaurant lunch for an entire week's worth of yogurt lunches.
>>
>>7676568
Take one gallon of milk.
Heat it to at least 185 F.
Allow it to cool to about 110 F.
Add half a quart of plain yogurt that has active cultures.
Stir.
Insulate with blankets, or whatever, to help maintain the temperature.
Leave over night.
The next day you should now have a gallon of plain yogurt, and I've let it go as long as 24 hours with good results.
Stick it in the fridge over night before use for best results.

The thickness will depend on how much yogurt you add to the milk, with more yogurt achieving a thicker final product. If you want to make it even thicker, you can filter it with cheese cloth to extract more of the whey, however, I never do, as I enjoy it regardless of the consistency, and don't like wasting the nutritional value of the whey.

A gallon usually lasts me a week or two.
>>
>>7676674
Your to kind. Thanks much
>>
File: 00742365132155_full.jpg (28KB, 215x273px) Image search: [Google]
00742365132155_full.jpg
28KB, 215x273px
>>7676692

No problem, anon.

Pic related is what I normally use, but any plain yogurt with active cultures will work, and it will say on the label whether or not it has active cultures.
>>
>>7676692
*You're
>>
>>7676706
Should I wrap my heating pad around it like AB did on good eats or will that be to much for this way?
The heating pad is all I remember from that episode
>>
>>7676716
#get bent
>>
>>7676728
Sure, that'll work.

The only time I fucked up is when it got too cool, and it came out too runny.

A heating pad will definitely keep temps up and allow the cultures to do their things.
>>
I love yogurt, mainly plain, Greek yogurt because of the thickness. I just had a half cup with some strawberries, the dark chocolate whole grain Cheerios (fucking amazing) and cinnamon mixed in. Quick snack/meal, decent amount of protein - what's not to love? I also use it instead of sour cream on savory things. Good stuff, good stuff.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.