[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canned tuna thread. Favorite brand Favorite variety Oil, water,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: SK_FeatureCard_Blank.jpg (35KB, 435x358px) Image search: [Google]
SK_FeatureCard_Blank.jpg
35KB, 435x358px
Canned tuna thread.

Favorite brand
Favorite variety
Oil, water, or brine?
How do you use it?
Do you have cats? How do they react to you opening a can?
>>
>>7654350
All I know is that bumble bee is the worst brand. It's always mushy paste. Other than that I don't really care what brand it is
>>
>>7654350
>>
>>7654386
Nigga.

That looks great.
>>
I would buy a lot more tuna if it all came in a pop top
the fact that I have to use a can opener stops me from eating it pretty often
>>
Bumble Bee is the best. Starkist uses too many chemicals.
>>
>>7654422
>white tuna
>water
>vegetable broth
>salt
>pyrophosphate (which is also a salt, used to stop it from becoming grey mush when cooked in the can)

thats all
>>
>>7654374
>bumble bee is the worst brand
>>7654422
>Bumble Bee is the best

I don't know what to believe.
>>
>>7654470
Chicken of the sea.
>>
>>7654350

for making tuna salad this is the best. fuck the can.

sunflower oil helps the salad stay moist... the thin pouch can be pastuerized at lower temperatures than the can, so the tuna stays fresher and more delicious... there is also no draining.

stop eating tuna the way your mom did... it's not the 60s anymore.
>>
>>7654350
>Favorite brand

The one that's 10 for $10 on that particular day
>>
>>7656488
This.
But flaked light in water.
>>
Sardines are vastly superior.
>>
>>7654406

It's heavenly.
>>
No Name Brand Tuna = Best Tuna
>>
Home brand/whatever is cheapest. If splurging, the Aldi 'italian style' chilli and olive oil tuna is delicious.
Flaky
Oil
In toast with a variety of herbs and spices or with noodles
No cats
>>
>>7654406
>That looks great.
Its a can...
>>
>>7657066
but it's a great-looking can
>>
These are the best.

>ingredients: solid yellowfin tuna, salt, olive oil
>non-mushy. Consistency like salmon
>no extra chemicals and/or preservatives
>wasn't involved in that canned tuna food poisoning incident last month which included Bumblebee and Chicken of the Sea
>>
>>7654350
Starkist
Sweet and spicy (in the tin; discontinued ;( )
Oil
Mix it with mayo and put it on ritz
2, they usually come around to see what's up
>>
>>7656990
This. I've now sampled every variety of every brand multiple times over the past couple years, and the store brand is consistently superior and the cheapest, even factoring in sales and coupons. I will not be sharing the name of the store because there is already an occasional supply shortage. However, I encourage everyone to try the no-name and store brands where they shop.
>>
>>7654406
Thanks but it's just a stock image I found on Google.
>>
>>7654350
Kroger brand
Chunk light
Water
Sandwiches, usually

>>7656990
>>7658099
This. Name brands are just awful compared to store brand. I'm fairly sure that when pouches became the deal several years ago, the name brands decided to just put the leftover mush in the cans and use the actual meat in the pouches at twice the price
>>
John West in brine
The oil they use for canned fish is garbage, may as well use old engine oil

>>7656496
This
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.