[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Polish coworker gave me the ingredients for this recently.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: sour rye soup.jpg (297KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sour rye soup.jpg
297KB, 1600x1200px
A Polish coworker gave me the ingredients for this recently. His mom portioned them out - a mixture of egg, kielbasa, ham, bacon, and farmer cheese, some kind of sour rye broth, fresh horseradish to grate, and some light rye bread to dip in it.

It was delicious and I'd never had anything like it before. It also seems like, if you were Polish, you'd make it at home instead of going to a restaurant.

What are some foods like this that you've had?
>>
File: images (54).jpg (29KB, 506x290px) Image search: [Google]
images (54).jpg
29KB, 506x290px
>>7650279
A Quarter Pounder with cheese, hot, fresh fries and an ice cold Coca Cola.
>>
>>7650286

Except you would go to a McDonald's for this, you see, so you either didn't understand my post or you are shitposting.
>>
>>7650279
>some kind of sour rye broth
????
How is this made OP?
Most Polish Co-workers of mine tend to eat a potato/cabbage/bacon mix with the odd bite of a gherkin on the side.
>>
>>7650313

I dunno. He said you can get it premade at Polish grocery stores but this one his aunt made from scratch.
>>
It's called żurek OP, check it out in the net
>>
>>7650279
it's the polish ramen
>>
File: duck_soup_Czarnina_1.jpg (38KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
duck_soup_Czarnina_1.jpg
38KB, 600x450px
>>7650279

Similar to you, OP: czernina. It's a Polish soup made from duck's blood (other blood is sometimes substituted, but duck's blood is the standard), broth, vinegar, sugar/honey, plums, and noodles.
>>
>>7650472
>noodles.
I was with you - up until you said 'Noodles' . . . .is this another American corruption?
>>
>>7650484

I don't know, but Wikipedia says it's normal for the soup to have noodles in it, so at the very least it wasn't just the restaurant I had it at.
>>
>>7650501
>Wikipedia says
Who writes Wikipedia? I know it's supposed to be editable but in reality it's not. NEVER take wikipedia as the definitive source, it's often wrong.
>>
>>7650472
It does seem like dumplings would be a more authentic choice
>>
>>7650573
Or even boiled potatos
>>
>>7650573
Thin dumplings would be pretty close to a noodle. Either way, sounds pretty good. No idea where to get duck blood other than out of a live duck, though.
>>
>>7650313
easteuropeanfood.about com/od/polishsoups/r/zurek.htm
There's some preparation required, but it tastes great so it's worth the wait. Alternatively you can buy ready fermented rye mix in polish shops. enjoy.
>>
>>7650691
If you prefer clean soup then just fry some bits of bacon with onion, add veggie broth, rye sour, majoram, black pepper, grated horseradish and serve with boiled egg and white sausage (mashed potatoes with sauteed onions optional)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.