[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there restaurant cooks on here? How do you deal with what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Are there restaurant cooks on here?
How do you deal with what seems to be over 140 degrees in the kitchen? Summer is upon us and the heat will be unbearable. There are ice vests out there but what do you use to keep cool?

Also why aren't the kitchens air conditioned?
>>
Spray bottles of gold bond. Shower in that shit you'll be g2g
>>
I was born and raised in Florida and just moved to the great lakes region so I would go mad without feeling warm for 40 hours a week. Also drink more water
>>
Our kitchen is nearly 100F in winter, summer is crap. The key is hydration, without that you're always going to be in trouble.

Try wetting a hand towel and tying it around your neck. That will help.
>>
i wear a loose t-shirt/polo, jeans and a bandana. luckily we have a swamp cooler hooked up to a vent above our line. we have 105F summer days. sweat through it man
>>
arnold palmer
>>
Drink lots of Ice water.
I drink 4 or 5 pitchers of Ice water every shift. But i don't really notice how hot I am until after my shift and I sit at the bar.
>>
A ton of water, and wet towels is how I get through it
>>
Our kitchen doesn't get that hot.
>>
Loose clothes and keep extra bandanna in ice water to swap on my head to stay cool. When busy though doesn't really matter time flies when you're pushing food out the window
>>
>>7631514

> Also why aren't the kitchens air conditioned?

You're getting conditioned air from the dining area. Of course if the rest of the air coming into the kitchen is simply blown in from the top you won't get much useful cooling from that.
>>
>>7631541
This. Drink lots of cold water (worth getting a double-walled bottle to keep it cold, otherwise it'll be warm before you drink much of it) and if it gets too hot wrap a cold, wet rag around your neck.

>tfw your line regularly gets up to 130F in the summer
>tfw while you're dealing with that shit and cranking out orders, a server walks into the kitchen for something- not behind the line, mind, just into the actual room- and immediately complains about how 'gross and hot' it is
>>
>>7633715

This is the worst

>busy service
>laziest server on staff barely moving
>finally comes from the air-conditioned front to the kitchen
>"Holy shit guys, it's fucking hot back here"
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.