[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on breadmachines?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: zojirushi-bread-machine.jpg (150KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
zojirushi-bread-machine.jpg
150KB, 1000x750px
Thoughts on breadmachines?
>>
]the most likely to be donated kitchen utensil

most people don't eat enough bread fast enough to eat the no-preservative to not go bad. That waste discourages further use and then all the local charity shops have like 30 bread machines
>>
>>7629117
DELETE THIS
>>
>>7629168
>mom got me one for christmas even though i begged her not to, literally told her not to 30+ times
>turned around and craigslisted it
>2 hours driving through city traffic to get to some ladys job so i can take a loss on a bread maker i would have never used, ever

th-thanks mom
>>
>>7629168
What if it's a 1lb loaf machine? I could go through a 1lb loaf in a couple of days easy.
>>
You already have a bread machine. It's called a bowl, a counter top, and an oven.

>>7629240
>take a loss
It was a gift
>>
>>7629240
I'm sorry anon truthfully. Thats a shame and your mom sounds like the general 'i know better than u u r my child' bullshit parent.

>>7629258
Do you know how to store home made bread properly? Most home made loaves that are sliced are only good the day of/day after being sliced.
>>
>>7629258
It honestly may not last a few days, depending on the recipe. Just learn to bake, it's one of the best culinary skills you can have and it's a wonderful stress relief activity. Check out the fresh loaf, excellent community there.

t. triweekly baker
>>
File: zojirushi-bread-machine-1-.jpg (73KB, 465x495px) Image search: [Google]
zojirushi-bread-machine-1-.jpg
73KB, 465x495px
>>7629168
> most people don't eat enough bread fast enough to eat the no-preservative to not go bad. That waste discourages further use and then all the local charity shops have like 30 bread machines

Yeah, I can see that happening. A (small) bread maker might be all right for a family or occasional use with holiday meals.

>>7629258
> What if it's a 1lb loaf machine? I could go through a 1lb loaf in a couple of days easy.

How many slices of bread does that translate into?
>>
>>7629290
>I don't really eat much bread either way, but when I do, I hate kneading.
Get a good mixer. The only recipe I hate kneading are my sourdough bagels, those are a serious upper body workout and my elbows tend to hurt afterward. I let the mixer handle that now.
>>
>>7629316
>How many slices of bread does that translate into?
Your pic is a 2lb loaf, so I'd guess around 6 thick slices.
>>
Something something alton brown unity tool
>>
>>7629339
It's not so much the fact that it's a... unitasker... as that bread machine bread really isn't that great. It compares well to stale preservative sandwich bread off the supermarket shelf, but is not nearly as good as decent hand baked bread. Furthermore, it can only really make a few types of breads--- sandwich bread and quick breads (e.g. banana bread) really. If you spend the money on a mixer instead, and learn to bake breads, you can make hearth breads, croissants, baguettes, sourdough, milk breads, etc.
>>
Do people usually find their home made bread goes off faster? My loafs seem to last easily twice as long as store bought ones, and I don't put anything preservative in besides salt.
>>
>>7629368
your two sentences are contradictory
try again
>>
>>7629359
??? it's a non stick bowl, I've always found those to be much more difficult to clean (can't scrape, can't use scratchy sponges, harsh cleaners, etc). The mixer is just a stainless steel bowl and a dough hook, much less finicky and with fewer nooks and crannies to clean like the paddles at the bottom of your bread machine pan. I've owned a bread machine before, and in terms of cleaning I wouldn't say it's easier.
>>
>>7629377
Seriously?

Do [most] people usually find their home made bread goes off faster? [I ask because other comments in the thread suggest this is the case.]

[Contrary to that situation, I personally find that] my [loaves] seem to last easily twice as long as store bought ones, and I don't put anything preservative in besides salt.
>>
>>7629397
I too find it weird that a loaf of bread would go bad in 2 days without preservatives. I buy a lot of artisanal breads presumably made without preservatives and they last for a while.
>>
>>7629397
forgive I'm drunk.

Okay yeah no my homemade loaves are usually edible on the second day as the day they're baked.

I live in a desert climate so just high temp no humidity tho so maybe that has something to do with it.
>>
>>7629333
> > How many slices of bread does that translate into?
> Your pic is a 2lb loaf, so I'd guess around 6 thick slices.

That doesn’t sound too wasteful and could be quickly eaten up during a couple of meals within a weekend.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.