[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever had Nepalese food?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Have you ever had Nepalese food?
>>
haha have I ever had nepalese food haha the answer to that funny question of yours buddy boy is I have had nepalese food haha its nice that we've both had a taste of it eh friendo
>>
>>7620505
Why are you such a bastard
>>
>>7620484
Yes, I have fasted before
>>
File: Afghan_hunt.jpg (90KB, 620x413px)
Afghan_hunt.jpg
90KB, 620x413px
>>7620484
Oh Yes.
>>
>>7620484
No, but neither have the Ethiopians.
>>
>>7620484

I see momo on the right. The rest I have no idea. Doesn't even look Nepalese.
>>
>>7620534
>Nepalese food
>Ethiopians

Holly shit, stupid Americans...
>>
File: mettbr_tchen3.jpg (83KB, 600x799px)
mettbr_tchen3.jpg
83KB, 600x799px
>>7620484
No though I have been watching everybody loves Raymond lately and I've been wanting to
>>
>>7620534
I did hit up an Ethiopian restaurant when I was passing through Atlanta a few years back. I got the sampler platter. The food tasted like two-day-old Thanksgiving leftovers and was nothing special. The "bread" was a sponge-like thing. All in all, meh. Get this meme outta here.
>>
>>7620608
Well, he's not wrong
>>
>>7620608

>holly
>>
There used to be a place in my town which did Nepalese food. It was pretty much north Indian curries and stews and breads. It closed down about five years ago and I can barely remember what the food was like
>>
>>7620484
I've always been very curious about the tea with yak butter inside thing but I guess you can't get it in the first world, anybody tried?
>>
>>7620484
I've had Tibetan at a couple of places in Bloomington, IN

momos are great
>>
Yeah, but only streetfood so I don't know what the stuff is or is called. I'll explain:

Two neighborhoods over from my house is a Nepalese area. The place is just brimming with them. They starting pouring here about seven years ago and are already well-established, though many still struggle with English. They've opened a few restaurants and small grocery stores selling their things. In the summer, many of the restaurants have people cooking outside under a cloth-topped pergola who sell plates for $5 each, but you can't chooes what you get. It's just whatever they happen to be cooking that day. There's no menu and they barely speak any English, so I have no idea what the stuff is.
There's always rice and some sort of thin, somewhat dal-like yellow soup or gravy with peas in it in a small container, often along with a meat dish and a veg dish. They also give a salad in a baggy and in the baggy is another small container, this one filled with something kind of chutney-like, but just as thin as the dal-like stuff. I don't like it, whatever it is, because it's too sweet, so if I get a plate from the Nepali people, I usually eat the salad at home with lemon and oil.

One plate I've had that stands out was a skewer of three meatballs of, I think, mutton, with chilli, onion and spices and some mustard-y tasting eggplant side dish. Would recommend.
>>
>>7620484
Yeah its tasty, its pretty aromatic kinda like Indian but different.
>>
I love going to my local place and picking up some naan, they have different flavors and it goes with lots of different foods
>>
>>7620484
no but I have a Tibetan place nearby called mt everest. haven't been there yet though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.