[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pro and cons on being a vegetarian? I'd like to be one.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: david bowie 1976.jpg (53KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
david bowie 1976.jpg
53KB, 320x480px
Pro and cons on being a vegetarian? I'd like to be one.
>>
File: vegan-30-days.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
vegan-30-days.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
pros: clearer skin, probably lose weight
Cons: vegans will still look down upon you, you will always crave dat bacon
>>
>>7598488
thanks. Three things I'm trying to cut out are Soda, Smoking Cigarettes, and Meat. I've done away with the first two, and trying to get rid of the last one. I've only been going with only Tuna, turkey, and chicken right now but slowly cutting that out.
>>
Pros: you eat lots of sugar and carbs and consider yourself healthy
Cons: you turn into an immense faggot with a superiority complex
>>
File: leaf eaters.jpg (47KB, 635x478px) Image search: [Google]
leaf eaters.jpg
47KB, 635x478px
>>7598474
pros - ????
cons - labeled a homosexual and loser here and everywhere else you go.
>>
>>7598474
pros: you might live longer than normal and can condescendingly bring up the fact you are vegetarian every time you talk to someone

cons: almost everyone will think you are an annoying faggot, and you probably are
>>
You won't be an edgy /b/ kid who supports animal abuse.

You will have to leave /ck/
>>
>>7598501
You could become a pescatarian instead. Fish is really good for you.
>>
>>7598581
Plus fish aren't cute so you don't have to feel bad about them
>>
>>7598474
plain looking food is good for the body but fancy show offy food will clung the body with unnecessary detail
>>
>>7598474
You are going to become fat because you are going to soak your food in energy dense sauces in an attempt to make it taste ok.
>>
>>7598603
Chickens are the least cute animals, they look like dumb faggots and make retarded noises. I can't understand vegetarian chicken loving fucks at all. I feel worse about someone killing plants or cutting trees than some stupid chickens
>>
>>7598603
Not sure if you are trying to be cheeky but I don't think OP was wanting to become vegetarian for moral reasons. There are people who become vegetarian for health reasons and fish oils have been proven to be healthy for you.
>>
>>7598630
I was trying to be cheeky
>>
It's healthier and you live longer, studies have shown. Protein is still fairly easy to come by (eggs etc). You still can eat delicious cheese. It's morally more ethical than being a carnivore. It's more economically and environmentally sustainable than being a carnivore. Girls see you as more of the conscious sort.

The cons are that you miss out on eating all sorts of delicious meats. Your test may decline a bit without access to red meat. You will be able to try fewer dishes and many restaurants won't have much to offer you. Also the majority of vegetable based synthetic meats currently available on the market are mostly shit.

That's mostly it. Unbiased as I can be.
>>
>>7598642
Also add "/ck/ will hate you" to the pros column.
>>
>>7598474
Pro: save money

Con: stigma
>>
>>7598474
>Pros
>Cons
Erry1 thinks you're a faget
Cant eat meat
>>
>>7598581
Seconding pescatarian recommendation. You get all the deliciousness of seafood and all the benefits of a vegetarian diet, along with easier access to protein and omega-3s. And it's much easier to defuse some jackass taking his weird anger about morality-based vegetarian pussies out on you by pointing out that hey, you do eat animals, it's really just a health thing.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.