[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do we cook??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 20160407_150516.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160407_150516.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>
>>7596239
SO THAT WE CAN LEARN TO PICK OUR FOOD UP
>>
>>7596239
Because fast food and take out is universally garbage, and decent restaurants are too expensive to eat at every night
>>
>>7596239
For me it's a matter of economics and health. I can feed myself delicious food that's pretty healthy for $5 a day if I cook. If I go out that will barely get me one meal, and I'd be lucky if it were healthy. So I cook.
>>
>>7596268
scratch that: eating out ANYTIME is overpaying for food
>>
>>7596239
did you make that?
looks good
>>
>>7596265
HEAVILY underrated ghost
>>
/ck/ dont feel like its even worth the work i put in. Op here and tired of working. Yes i made that.
12 hour braise on a pork shoulder
Took a lb of it mixed it with
4 oz smoked guda
And 4 oz spicy pickles than folded it into a tart shell (pate brise)
Baked it until it was golden (egg wash makes the color)
Help me /ck/ help me find my fire again
>>
>>7596363
Served with sirracha aoli BOOM >>7596363
>>
So I can impress many good looking women with my skills and possibly make love with them because they are so impressed.
>>
For some it's show-off'ness: Here I have a rustic inverted French Colero Torpid Gregorian Shaafe, with burnt infusions and hardened belerian peppers, underneath a crisp whisk of golden potatoes, hand-burned with golden flakes and a side of rustic zesty mandarin orange glaze

For the other extreme it's, to stuff your face. Double decker bacon deluxe sour beef burger, with a side of mashed "red hot" mac n' cheese and a FULL LOAF of double garlic marinara meatball french bread pizza!!!
With a side of rustic potatoes in a butter sauce, served alongside RED HOT ice cream!!!

But really, why we cook...
Is ULTIMATELY about gaining the most nutrients from food while still enjoying eating.
>>
Because I might be passionate about cooking
>>
Simply because I love food.

I love all types of food; I don't judge before I taste something.

I love interesting flavors and textures and the cultures that they come from.

I LOVE FOOD.
>>
>>7596363
that's lazy. what you did is lazy and the result is meh-tasting, oily, and depressing
it's spring in the northern hemisphere
get thee to the farmers' market, buy some vegetables you don't even know the names of, go home and start thinking of a way to make them work
>>
>>7596239
fun
healthy
smells good
tastes good
>>
We keep cooking to find that answer
>>
To fucking live and not die of starvation or live like a bunny or deer. We cook to prove we are mankind and to seperate ourselves from Gods other creatures. We must continuously prove we are at the top of the food chain. (As long as you stay away from Australia and Safari places)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.