[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Scotland subhuman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

Porridge is their national food. You know why it's called porridge? Cause it's for poor people.
>>
>>7591986
>national food is porridge
jesus christ, that's deeply depressing.
>>
File: haggis neeps and tatties.jpg (29KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
haggis neeps and tatties.jpg
29KB, 625x352px
>>7591986
It isn't, its haggis, but nevermind Nigel, you enjoy your jellied eels.
>>
File: that's wrong retard.png (100KB, 639x477px) Image search: [Google]
that's wrong retard.png
100KB, 639x477px
>>7591986
Except it's not.

Haggis is the national dish pal, amongst other things such as various seafoods and seafood based dishes like Cullen Skink.
There's also Scotch Broth, Black Pudding, Mince and Tatties, Scotch Pies, Stovies, Lorne sausage and the list goes on.

It's all basic desu but there's nothing wrong with simplicity.
>>
File: johnson_oats.jpg (60KB, 525x450px) Image search: [Google]
johnson_oats.jpg
60KB, 525x450px
A Scot later rebutted: "Which is why England has such fine horses and Scotland has such fine people"
>>
>>7591986
A better question is why the English are so critical of Scots and Irish when it comes to cuisine. Scottish food looks delicious. Irish food looks delicious. The English are clearly still in 'fallen empire denial mode', which is okay. That kind of national embarrassment takes centuries to recover from. I might cook a haggis this weekend in your honor.
>>
>>7593119
>Scottish food looks delicious.
It is.
>Irish food looks delicious.
It isn't.

Irish got the worst of it, Scots did OK.
>>
>>7591986
Porridge is a 16th century English alteration of the word pottage from the Middle English word potage from Old French potage ‘that which is put into a pot.’ That is what it literally means, though common usage defines it as a soup or stew consisting of, or thickened by cereal grains. If eating cereal grains defines poor people, then I suspect everyone in the world is a poor person. Name one person living who has not eaten a cereal grain, and I will grant you that Scotland is subhuman. I don't care either way though.
>>
eh I always thought porridge was a sort of poor peoples food but have always liked oatmeal and I bet most people do.
>>
Pease porridge hot, pease porridge cold,
Pease porridge in the pot, nine days old;
Some like it hot, some like it cold,
Some like it in the pot, nine days old.
>>
>>7593157
>>7591986
Bread is a cheap, basic food. Cheaper than oats in fact. By your very logic bread is poor people's food.

Do you actually think before you spew your words?
>>
>>7593124
Scots only did okay because they decided to deep fry everything on the face of the Earth.
Still pretty retarded
>>
>>7591986
>being poor is subhuman
Shiggydig. Do you worship rich people?

>>7593208
>Grains are retarded; deep frying is the saviour
5/5 Americlap
>>
>>7591986
>Is Scotland subhuman
As a Scottish person who has deep roots in the old Scottish royal family
Yes.
>>
>>7591986

Samuel Johnson on the Oat and Scotland;

>A grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people.

Sums it up.
>>
>>7592022

The first recipe for Haggis is recorded from England in 1420.
>>
>>7594019
Ancient Greece actually you dirty thieving cunts
>>
>>7594046

I don't doubt comparable examples using offal have been used throughout history. But for a specific recipe and product that is the ancestor to the modern Haggis we know and love, you can trace back to Lancashire, England known as 'hagese'.

From wikipedia;

For hagese'.
Þe hert of schepe, þe nere þou take,
Þo bowel noght þou shalle forsake,
On þe turbilen made, and boyled wele,
Hacke alle togeder with gode persole,

This is old English/middle English btw, and this dish migrated to Scotland. The Haggis hymn said often in Scotland before eating Haggis on Burn's night is in 'Scots' a Scottish dialect based on Old English.
>>
>more shit-tier ethnobait
>guaranteed replies

fuck this board.
>>
>>7594019
BLAZE IT!
>>
>>7591986
Porridge isn't the national food of Scots.
True Scottish food is so deep fried and cancerous that it'd give a normal person a heart attack upon consumption.
>>
>>7591986
Yes, but not because of their food.

>>7593119
>why the English are so critical of Scots and Irish when it comes to cuisine
Because their food is made from offal because they can't afford real food.
We cleared the highlands so they didn't have to eat it, but they still fucking do.

As for the Irish, they're a bunch of thieves and terrorists. They can all go fuck themselves.
>>
>>7591986
>1530s, porage "soup of meat and vegetables," alteration of pottage, perhaps from influence of Middle English porray, porreie "leek broth," from Old French poree "leek soup," from Vulgar Latin *porrata, from Latin porrum "leek." Spelling with -idge attested from c. 1600. Association with oatmeal is 1640s, first in Scottish.
>>
>>7594788
This post implies one thing and then spits on that implication like you are an American merely pretending to be a different nationality.
>>
>>7594815
Americans don't believe in irish terrorists, or know about the fucking pikeys, though.

They all believe it's starving children with no shoes on their little feet, and honest honourable secessionists that blow up schools in the name of FREEDOM FROM MONARCHY.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.