[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get Pitmaster Privilege?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

How do I get Pitmaster Privilege?
>>
File: red drank.png (221KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
red drank.png
221KB, 400x300px
>>7591223
>use lump charcoal or cook with quality wood
>wood or wood chunks appropriate to your meat
>not falling for the "low & slow" maymay
>>
>>7591223
>>dig a hole
>>put brikets in hole
>>apply a metal grate of some kind
>>use the heat and smoke to slowcook meat
>> febuff any and all comers that would attempt to subvert your control over the meat hole
>> a pitmaster is you.

Man those faggots know how to have fun, theyre still kind of retarded though. Vegetables are fucking awesome and so is the history of barbeque.

http://www.watchseries.li/link/vidspot.net/1325073
>>
File: 1401568273790.jpg (85KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
1401568273790.jpg
85KB, 620x465px
>>7591244
>implying smoking for longer periods of time doesn't improve how well the meat takes the smokey flavor

Nice b8 m8 8/8
>>
>>7591223
>an it's real easy to do
>you smell that? smells GUUD
>through the miracle of timmmeee
>apologize
>>
File: Foucault5.jpg (15KB, 244x300px) Image search: [Google]
Foucault5.jpg
15KB, 244x300px
>>7591270
>thinking that reducing a 12 hour cook to 9 hours by upping the temp by 50F will reduce flavor
>>
>>7591276

the longer you wait the hungrier you will be/the more you will enjoy the experience and it will taste better.

kinda like if you smoke weed every day and then take a week break or have sex every day and then dont get laid for a week.

low and slow is true faggot
>>
File: 1401568287719.jpg (402KB, 900x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1401568287719.jpg
402KB, 900x1140px
>>7591276
9 hours is still considered slow? Doesnt have to be a 12 hours to be low and slow. Unless thats somthing specific to the show in ops pic, I dont watch it so If they say it has to be 12 hours then they are retarded.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (108KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
108KB, 1920x1080px
>Pitmaster Privilege
YOU
SHITLORD
>>
File: Grimace.jpg (31KB, 326x343px) Image search: [Google]
Grimace.jpg
31KB, 326x343px
>>7591244
hilltoppers
>>
>>7591282
I was speaking of a hypothetical cook of a large brisket. The principle applies to all cooks.
>>
SORRY TO ALL THE "VEGEMATICS" WATCHIN...HEH HEH HEH
>>
>>7591244
Temps over 260 are fine but they require you to reduce or remove your sugar content off your rub or else you will probably have the rub burn. Avoid going over 320 as you won't cook long enough to break down connective tissue. Also be careful with Cumin at high temps, it tends to have an off putting flavor. If you do want to cook a bit longer that is fine but put your sugars in the tail end on a finishing sauce and glaze it own with a hot grill or even a hand torch.
>>
>>7591270
Most meats don't absorb smoke past three hours in. After that it is more important to keep smoke down to the blue trickle so as not bitter your meat with that creosite flavor. It is part of the reason, beyond working like a mini convection, to do the Texas cheat and do a foil wrap. Personally I avoid doing them except for competition as proper fire maintenance and time will do your meat just fine and you don't have to rebuild the bark.
>>
>add some of your essss peeee geeee
>or whatever you want, that's pitmaster privilege!

These guys are such fucking hillbillies, but damn if it doesn't look like they have fun. That little shack with the TV's in it from their more recent videos looks comfy
>>
>>7591223
Work the pit yourself. It's the only way to get your way.
>>
THAT'S SOME GOOOUUDD EATIN
>>
IM GOING DOWN TO THE HOUSE PF SAUSAGE
>>
SPG

If you don't know what that means, fuck your Sister.
>>
post your favorite BBQ pit boys vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrass7b5964
>>
>>7591274
>forgetting 'ingredient x is optional'
>>
>>7593892
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmupawF1BPY
based soup.
Honestly usually follow their techniques more than their recipes. I actually like vegetables almost as much as I like meat.
>>
No vegetables heheheh
>>
where can I buy some BBQ shoes
>>
>>7594939
The House Of Sausage
>>
File: dro.gif (220KB, 240x317px) Image search: [Google]
dro.gif
220KB, 240x317px
>>7591223
>BBQ Pit Boys
The only /ck/ approved YT channel.
It's GUUUUUD!
>>
>>7591270
sleep tight, porker
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.