[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food memes you fell for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

File: Qe0rtBi.webm (3MB, 330x328px) Image search: [Google]
Qe0rtBi.webm
3MB, 330x328px
Pic related was the worst thing I ever ate I would have enjoyed all the ingredients better cooking them separately. I wasted like 50 bucks on this
>>
>>7590066
>$50
lol m8
>>
>>7590071
i'm in college that's like 2 weeks of grocerys lmao
>>
>>7590066
Really not sure how that could be gross. You must suck a dick at cooking.
>>
>>7590119
tasted fine when it was fresh. frozen and reheated was awful
>>
>>7590066
>those overcooked eggs
>>
File: 1384900918280.jpg (308KB, 650x635px) Image search: [Google]
1384900918280.jpg
308KB, 650x635px
>>7590066
>50 bucks
hahaha what the fuck
also, if you managed to somehow screw this up then i'm afraid you're literally retarded
>>
>>7590066
How was it $50? Most of it is onion, potato and egg.
>>
You should have been able to tell that it was bullshit by how it was all crispy and brown at the end despite the only cooking being 3 minutes in a microwave while wrapped in a wet paper towel.
>>
>>7590066
man what an idiot. I do this shit all the time and it works great
the only thing wrong in the video is the laughable 1 month freezer time. I've had burritos for months and months after freezing them if you seal them properly.
>>
eggs frozen are always terrible. you did this to yourself.
>>
>>7590147
thats not crispy and brown you retard. Tortillas are a bit like puff pastry in that they have a fair ammount of oil. so when you microwave them they become partially translucent and crispy. based on the size, my old burritos would need about 2 minutes to be piping hot from the freezer, so it probably would be fairly "crispy" (in the microwaved a burrito too long sense) on the ends, but the texture you're seeing is exactly what a microwaved burrito looks like.
>>
that would have been a fantastic breakfast hash
>>
The only part that annoys me is how they douse the thing in sriracha at the end.

It's supposed to be a quick and easy meal, so why not just season it how you want when you first make it?
>>
>freezing eggs
>freezing potatoes
>freezing cheese
>thinking it would be good

anon...
>>
you realize this is really just how to make an OK easy breakfast right

its no gourmet breakfast but its better than a bowl of cereal
>>
>>7590167
because dank memes brah
>>
>>7590153
>Tortillas are a bit like puff pastry

you can leave any time, dingus
>>
>>7590066
>actually falling for it when the memesauce was shown
>>
>>7590153
I hope you aren't this retarded. There is not "a fair amount of oil" in tortillas nor does puff pastry have oil in it. Its a lamented dough made using butter.
>>
>>7590153
i microwave tortillas and its never came out like that. you're full of shit.
>>
>>7590066
Years ago I fell for the siracha meme. Should have read the label before buying and saw that the second ingredient is sugar.
>>
File: 1335459580985.jpg (39KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
1335459580985.jpg
39KB, 500x389px
>>7590182
how to breakfast, starring YOU

>1/4 cup quickoatz
>a bowl
>a spoon
>a small amount of tapwater
>a microwave

put your 1/4 cup quickoatz into the bowl, then add a small amount of tapwater so the oatz are just covered. put the bowl into the microwave and set it for 60 seconds. wait 60 seconds. pull the bowl out of the microwave and fucking stare at it for a little while, because it's probably too hot to eat. once it cools to a reasonable temperature, use the spoon to shovel the oatz into your mouth.

holy shit you just ate breakfast!
>>
>make breakfast, roll it up and freeze it, microwave it later
I don't see how you could fuck this up, but I also don't understand why you think it would be mind-blowing. It's basically "make your own shitty breakfast hot pockets."

I guess the dank meme presentation without any kind of direction makes it seem way more exciting than that. Dip it in everyone's favorite rahchii sawce and you got yourself a Five Michelin Star Meal, bro.
>>
>>7590066
Why does this webm look like a gif?
>>
>>7590066
>literally no seasoning
>everything going to be greasy as fuck
>buzzfeed-esque maymay ""recipes""
>>
File: lol.jpg (1MB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
1MB, 1620x1080px
>>7590066
>he probably includes the cost of the pan in the recipe
>>
>>7590463
microwave actually lol
>>
>>7590465
>microwave
>>7590463
oh i thought you were telling op something else
>>
>>7590386
I think you're the retarded one m8. Butter is an oil for all intents and purposes, and tortillas are traditionally made with lard, which is also essentially an oil.
>>
>>7590135
This. Immediate sign to ignore the recipe. And they get even more overdone when reheated!

>>7590151
Also this
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 500x375px
>Siraccha bottle

That should've been your warning.

Also, when things freeze their texture can get super jacked up. Especially when they freeze slowly in our shitty consumer freezers. Grocery store frozen food is usually flash frozen so the texture can be retained.

Only way I can think of to pull this off ok is by chilling the burritos in the fridge and then putting them in the freezer. This way it's less time for them to freeze.

Either way. Not worth.
>>
File: 1393398811021.jpg (8KB, 211x193px) Image search: [Google]
1393398811021.jpg
8KB, 211x193px
>>7590066

>that 'cha at the end
>>
File: chloe22.jpg (81KB, 575x830px) Image search: [Google]
chloe22.jpg
81KB, 575x830px
>>7590066

how do you season cast iron?
I'm thinking of buying some.
>>
not complete w/out that sweet sweet 'cha
>>
>>7590827
buy seasoning spray
>>
>>7590827
Salt and pepper is enough for most people. Use some chilli flakes if you like it hot.
>>
File: ccC3FqC.gif (321KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
ccC3FqC.gif
321KB, 500x288px
The memer that made that obviously doesn't know how eggs behave when they're frozen. They get watery after you cook them from frozen solid and the potatoes so the same since the cellulose becomes fractured and punctured from the ice crystals. Solution? Don't freeze.

Make them in smaller quantities (enough for 3 days of breakfast) and toss them on your panini maker or even your frying pan with a lid for a few minutes. Or if you're too poor to own a panini maker and too lazy to heat up a pan, make your memeurritos flatter and smaller (taco tortillas) and throw them in the toaster sideways seem-side-up. Once in a while I'll do it and the toaster way works pretty good, just watch them.

I've tried the freezer way and the only way to get them somewhat OK after thaw is to either overcook the shit out of the potatoes and eggs so they're dry, which works ok but after day 3 they're all just chewy burritos.

Also cooking in bacon grease is nice, but if you're wrapping your food in a tortilla, freezing it and then reheating in the microwave you mind as well just hose it down before you eat it because all the moisture is gonna sog up in your eggs and turn them into mush and make your tortilla into nice water balloon.

Correct me if I'm wrong
>>
>>7590066

you should've known OP, the maker of this gif doesn't even know the difference between a sausage and grounded meat
>>
>>7590886

*webm
>>
>>7590066
shitriacha meme. Honestly the worst thing I've ever tasted and I love spicy food.
>>
>>7590900
I wouldn't say it's bad but it sure as hell doesn't qualify as 'hot sauce'
>>
Pink salt cooking block
Comes in the mail next week
Wish me luck
>>
>>7590900
Same. Tried some and my mind was blown by how shit it was, and I use habanero sauce regularly on anything I can.
>>
I don't see how you spent $50 but the first half looks good. I wouldn't freeze them and microwave them though. Instead of using ground sausage meat and bacon I would probably use ground sausage mixed with chorizo, the eggs but not over cooked, potatoes but with some seasoning, peppers, onions and a different kind of cheese. So yeah, I guess really I wouldn't make what is in the WEBM but only due to personal preference on the meat added. I don't like bacon much or that shitty tiny shredded multi colored cheese. Or maybe use just egg whites and some spinach in there with some ground turkey sausage and mayo.
>>
>>7590422
>quick oats
>tapwater
>microwave
>>
>>7590386
I think you mean laminated, although I'm sure plenty of people making the fucking stuff have lamented it also
>>
The only thing that actually confuses me is the wet paper towel.
How thick is that shit in america you can actually wrap something in a wet paper towel without ripping that fuck to shreds?
Any way to get around the paper towel? I wanna try this
>>
>>7591156
Our brands of paper towel literally use tear strength as a point of sale. They're practically cloth at this point.
>>
>>7591156
>buying shit paper towels
>>
>>7591156

Cheese cloth
>>
>>7590153
>>7590222
>>7590386
>>butter is not a kind of oil.
>>any of various thick, viscous, typically flammable liquids that are insoluble in water but soluble in organic solvents and are obtained from animals or plants:
how does it feel to be wrong.
I've been eating burritos all fucking week using the microwave so yeah you guys are the retards or you just don't nuke your burritos for long enough
>>
>>7590128
>Reheated frozen starch and cheese in tortilla wraps
Confirmed can't cook. Bonus failure points if you reheated them in the microwave
>>
>>7592229

>bonus failure points for using a microwave to cook your frozen microwave burrito
>>
File: enhanced-buzz-6221-1398997393-8.jpg (103KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-buzz-6221-1398997393-8.jpg
103KB, 625x416px
>>7590066
>>
>>7590066
You pussy. That's so easy to make and its delicious.
>>
>>7592254
dont be a fucking heathen, this is ultimate childhood fine dining
>>
>>7593898
I wish britons would just leave
>>
>eggs are overcooked
>shredded "cheese"
>uncooked tortilla
>microwaving anything ever
>freezing eggs
>taking microwaved frozen scrambled eggs and other greasy microwaved frozen shit and dipping it in meme sauce
most of that tortilla compacted greasy shit wouldn't go well together even without the freezing for a month and microwaving, hope you learned your lesson dumbass
>>
>>7593952

I'm sure whoever made that video was lurking this thread on the edge of their seat, just waiting in anticipation for your stupid feedback.
>>
>>7593952
>eggs are overcooked
>uncooked tortilla
Kinda dumb point considering he freezes the burritos
>>
nigga wut...

Thats just a Mc' Dicks Breakfast burrito with better ingredients
>>
>>7594005

>biggest fast food chain in the world
>researches what people are already eating and finds a way to make it as cheap as possible in a form that the biggest retards on the planet are capable of preparing

>y-you just copied mcdonald's using better ingredients!

Say what you will about people making homemade frozen burritos and then dousing them in cock sauce, but the stupidity of the recent plight of fast food posters represents the lowest of the low of anything possibly related to food (and cooking).
>>
File: carlcuck.jpg (39KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
carlcuck.jpg
39KB, 600x615px
>>7590066

>not making your own tortillas using the rendered bacon fat as the lard
>following a meme video instead of just making breakfast items, wrapping them in a tortilla, and freezing them.
>>
>>7595745

>it's a meme because they used premade tortillias
>>
>>7593911
i thought fairy bread was an aussie thing?
>>
>>7590422
Wow, thanks for this informative post.
I never knew how to make oats before.
>>
>Spending any kind of real money on breakfast instead of investing in a solid and proper dinner

Christ just eat oats in the morning and spend the money you save on some decent grub
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.