[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do heritage vegetables taste any different?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 3802474882_3541fd5833[1].jpg (190KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
3802474882_3541fd5833[1].jpg
190KB, 500x375px
Do heritage vegetables taste any different?
>>
I don't know, do different varieties of vegetables taste any different, heritage or otherwise?

What a stupid fucking question
>>
>>7576859
I don't know, I've never eaten different varieties of carrot.
>>
File: باذنجان بالدي.jpg (273KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
باذنجان بالدي.jpg
273KB, 1280x960px
White carrots taste like the fourway intersection between turnip, parsnip, radish and carrot.
Yellow carrots taste like a cross between swede/rutabaga, sweet potato and carrot.
Red/purple carrots taste like a cross between parsnip, beetroot and carrot.

I've never had any other colour of carrot and I'm not sure whether others exist or not.

>>7576859
To be fair, daikon radish tastes exactly like regular radish and Lebanese "wild" aubergine/eggplant (pic related) tastes exactly like Italian "regular" aubergine (although Chinese ones do taste different).
>>
>>7576958
>daikon radish tastes exactly like regular radish
No it doesn't, daikon is much more bland.
>>
>>7576962
Yeah? My country has two varieties of radish available at all supermarkets, 'regular' and 'piquant.' Guess yours only has piquant type.
>>
>>7576978
>there are exactly two kinds of radishes
>>
>>7576984
That wasn't even implied. Are you feeling quite alright, Anon? Do you smell toast?
>>
>>7576992

>guess yours only has the piquant type

You could have said "guess yours has another type", but you chose to say it ONLY has piquant.

Not even >>7576984, but he was right in implying and I can't sit idly by while you imply implications.
>>
>>7577157
>post talks about daikon radish and regular radish
>second post talks about regular radish and piquant radish
>anon mentions three kinds of radish
>"hurr durr ewe fink own lee too kinds of radish exist!!! yoo iz the dumb!!!"
>can't count
>implies others are dumb
lol
>>
File: DSCN0749b.jpg (3MB, 3072x2300px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0749b.jpg
3MB, 3072x2300px
>>7576844
I'm a farmer.

Yes, they do taste different. Take that image you posted, each carrot color will have different carrot flavors. Some will be sweeter than others. Some will have a bite to them or a stronger carrot flavor.

Here's mine from a few years ago (reposted image). The yellow ones in this image tasted the best when eaten raw.
>>
>>7577176
Are you the same idiot posting incoherent garbage in the sushi burger thread? That's a bannable offense, FYI
>>
>>7577590
How was >>7577176 incoherent?
It detailed events exactly as they happened.

I mentioned three types of radish. I didn't imply they were the only three.
A guy then got pissy at me saying that I implied that there were only two.
I point out that I didn't imply there were only two.
The same guy, saying he was some other guy, continued to imply I said there were only two.
Then >>7577176 points out the course of conversation as well as rightly says that I mentioned three types and not two.

That doesn't seem at all incoherent to me. As for sushi burger, all I know is that I haven't been in there. Whether or not someone is posting in that thread as well as this one, I can't say.
>>
sometimes, rarely better, often just slightly different or worse
They can look cool though, its mostly just a marketing thing
>>
>>7576844
Of course they do you poof. Go out and grow some and experience it for yourself.
>>
>>7577737

Your sense of taste has been so keenly honed to the generic mass produced strains that you thinknanything that tasres different is "worse".

Damn.. How fat are you?
>>
>>7577266

those crops are beautiful my friend. how'd you get into farming? how is it?
>>
>>7577801
/out/ has a homegrowmen thread. You should check it out.
>>
>>7577796
>You've been eating so many specific vegetables all your life any other vegetables taste awful, you must be super obese
yeah okay
>>
>>7577777
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.