[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this enough to make spaghetti sauce?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1460398860183-280029546.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1460398860183-280029546.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
Is this enough to make spaghetti sauce?
>>
>>7561218

no mushrooms, carrots or grounded meat?
>>
>>7561218

>canned tomatoes

yeah just throw that shit in the trash and go back to the store man
>>
>>7561238
I have meat and mushrooms, it was just in the fridge because im not cooking this for another 2 hours

>>7561241
its all I can work with, it was this or prego
>>
>>7561218
I've mad sauce with less. Needs meat though.
>>
>>7561244

then you got enough to make a nice sauce
>>
>>7561244

did you strategically turn the goya adobo seasoning away for the picture so that no one would shitpost?

i would toss that shit in the trash with your canned tomatoes
>>
>>7561218
Yes, it's fine. You can make a sauce with it. Just cook the tomatoes down. Purée them if you want your sauce to be smooth. Personally, I wouldn't use the bell pepper but that's just me.
>>
>>7561252
Im trying to get rid of the tomatoes so I might as well cook them

as for the adobo, yes, I have sinned
>>
>>7561218
Do you have olive oil? If so, put away everything but the stewed tomatoes and Med. herb grinder. It contains everything you need.

Here's what you do:

-pour 1 cup of water into a big skillet.
-sprinkle the herb blend over the water until it's completely covered, lots of it
-bring that shit to a low boil and let the water cook off until there's only a tiny bit left
-once almost all the water has evaporated, add enough oil to cover all the herbs that are now stuck to the pan
-let the oil get hot and stir constantly, scraping up all that shit that was stuck to the pan
-add tomatoes and reduce to a simmer, stirring constantly

Try it. It'll be excellent.
>>
Wheres the oil?
>>
where is the ketchup?
>>
>not using a sofrito base for your sauce

Oh man, you're missing out
>>
>>7561288
>>7561298
Dont think I have any oil, gonna wing it

>>7561320
I didnt think ketchup would go well with sauce

>>7561328
it was all I had on me
>>
>>7561218
Need a can of tomato paste
>>
>>7561343

Any celery salt laying around?
>>
where's the tomato paste? u done goofed
>>
>>7561364
>>7561384
No tomato paste, gonna have to meme it out

>>7561365
nope
>>
>>7561410
>no tomato paste
youre fucked
>>
>>7561218
What more could you possibly need?

A little tomato paste wouldn't hurt though.
>>
>>7561218
need 3 cups of oil
>>
File: 1460412076954-379051498.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
1460412076954-379051498.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
Forgive me ck

I-is it that bad?
>>
>>7561877

wouldn't have used the bell peppers and the meat looks really fatty but i would eat it
>>
>>7561877
I hate chunky tomato sauce. I would have crushed those tomatoes up at least.
>>
>>7561241
There's nothing wrong with canned tomatoes, you hair lipped albino. Better than out of season trash. Not a huge difference from my home canned tomatoes, and I don't blame people for not wanting to do that every year. Get over yourself.
>>
>>7561241
Implying you are a better cook than every fucking italian chef who makes a tomato based sauce. They all used canned tomatos.
>>
>>7561877
Yeah, should have saved the peppers for something else. That Mediterranean herb blend that you have contains everything you need for a good sauce. I looked at the website. The ingredients are Garlic, onion, basil, fennel seed, rosemary, oregano, parsley, red pepper. I have a jar of something similar that I ordered from Tunisia. Just winging it with a shitload of ingredients is never going to come out good if you don't know how to make a good base. Next time you make spaghetti, sautee 3 or 4 tablespoons of that stuff in olive oil over medium-high heat, then add a can of tomato sauce, or puree, or crushed, or whatever. No meat, no fucking bell peppers, nothing. Learn to make a good base first, then add your own tasty morsels along the way.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 450x450px
>>7561218
here's a simple, quick go-to sauce for spaghetti:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/09/easy-italian-amercian-red-sauce-recipe.html

OP, ain't nothing wrong with tomatoes in a can. but for the love of god, please get san marzano tomatoes—whole is best.
>>
>>7561877
get a potato masher, then let it simmer for a couple hours, uncovered. you can reverse the order if the solids are hard
>>
>>7561877
way too chunky, everything should be diced.

and next time used tomato paste and crushed tomatoes.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.