[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is just a meme, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Gluten-Free.gif (40KB, 419x315px) Image search: [Google]
Gluten-Free.gif
40KB, 419x315px
I know gluten allergies are a thing, but people keep telling me that gluten free is healthier for people. Are they memeing???
>>
they are probably memeing, if you are not intolerant it is probably fine to eat

having said that you should avoid processed bread products as much as possible, stick to traditional sourdough
>>
Anyone who eats gluten free that doesn't have Celiac's or an intolerance is memeing. If they just say it's for health reasons they're stupid.
>>
>>7559187
A meme

But i would still reccomend sticking to sourdough bread.
>>
>>7559187
A meme.

But sugar free is a meme, too. The word "meme" doesn't invalidate anything except possibly its user's intelligence.
>>
>>7559187
Meme memed to create demand for products which are 1.5-3x more expensive than regualr alternatives.

I work in health food retail.
>>
A lot of commercial goods with gluten tend to be higher calorie than gluten-free alternatives.
>>
almost entirely a meme, real celiacs are rare as fuck, but going gluten free isn't necessarily a bad thing, unlike vegan cuck retards
>>
Gluten-free diets are actually less healthy than gluten-containing diets because wheat fiber provides the vast majority of bifidogenic prebiotics in the Western diet, in the form of FOS fructans. Those fructans are very sparse in any of the gluten-free grains, and the only other major sources are Allium
>>
only a diet rich in gluten will grant you the blessing of strong, ropey turds.
>>
>>7559187
I think people are confused with limiting heavily processed grain with cutting out wheat entirely. You can eat wheat and be healthy. Just shouldn't be a large portion of your diet. White flour is basically sugar. So it's a meme with some truth to it.
>>
>>7559187
Yes
>>
Meme for most, though for Celiac's and intolerants gluten might as well be broken glass mixed with laxatives and E. coli. My girlfriend is intolerant and from what she describes even a piece of toast is enough to give her volcano diarrhea for hours.
>>
>>7559187
The domestication of gluten bearing grains is literally what pulled humanity out of barbarism. Not eating gluten is a meme and celiacs shouldn't pass on their genes.
>>
Yes. I helped my ex, who was in a doctorate program, do a paper on the health effects of a gluten-free diet. In studies, people who aren't gluten-intolerant tend to gain weight when put on a gluten-free diet for 30 days without significant changes in calories in/out or excercised regiment. They also tend to develop minor digestive issues more frequently, and report that a gluten free diet is more expensive to maintain than other diets. Gluten-free alternatives to gluten-rich foods tend to be either high in fat or carbs, or not taste good, and are almost always more expensive than their gluten-rich counterparts.

Don't fall for the meme.

The good thing is, the yuppies who think that a gluten-free diet is good for them are actually helping people who have gluten insensitivity, because now you can't find a grocery store that doesn't have properly-labeled gluten-free products.
>>
>>7560619
>The good thing is more gluten-free products for the ones with actual celiac disease
Very good point there anon.
>>
>>7559187
>gluten free is healthier for people.
These are what we call "idiots"
>>
>>7560291
>White flour is basically sugar
Not really. The problem with sucrose is primarily the fructose. Starch is glucose, and the GI of refined flour products can be low (for example spaghetti cooked al dente). White flour is a hundred times better than sugar
>>
Someone probably had a friend with a gluten allergy. Said friend cut out a shit ton of carbs from diet. Person lost weight. Friend of person thinks "woah that gluten free thing must be real good for you" the rest is history.
>>
>>7560657
It is a good point but at the same time it's also bad for restaurant kitchens that have to shut down completely every time someone comes in with a gluten "allergy".
>>
Can you stop making this thread?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.