[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomato Sauce uses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: tomatosauce-1444578646ng4k8.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
tomatosauce-1444578646ng4k8.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
So I really enjoy making the tomato sauce from Good Eats (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pantry-friendly-tomato-sauce-recipe.html) despite the fact that its pretty damn consuming it always turns out well. But all I ever put it on is spaghetti and meatball or very rarely on home made pizza.

What are some other good dishes I can use it in. Don't mind something thats time consuming and especially looking for dishes that aren't Italian food but I welcome those as well.
>>
>>7545289
Tomato soup?

A lot of recipes call for tomato paste as an ingredient (currys, other sauces,) you could use your sauce instead and it would come out even better.

Chicken parm is yummy.
>>
You use a recipe for tomato sauce?....Wanting to use tomato sauce in not italian food?... m8 my italian senses are tingling. Get it together.

Make a ton of gnocchi and freeze it. Gnocchi napoletani. Meatball subs are pretty good too.
>>
>>7545520

Why the fuck would I want Italian spices in my curry?
>>
Cooked pinto beans go great with tomato sauce and spices.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Not traditional (with diced tomato), but you could make some shakshuka with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>7545637
>>
>inb4 marie's
>>
>>7545289

I once slow cooked a bone-in pork roast until the meat was falling off the bone, then shredded and seared the meat, turned the heat down, added back some of the juice, tomato sauce, chili pepper, a bit of lime juice, a touch of salt, and some garlic and onion.
Simmered that shit till it reduced to a consistency where it would stick to the meat, then served with Spanish rice, black beans, guacamole and pico de gallo---all homemade, served on tostadas.

It passed the picky roommate food-diva from Hell test, so I knew it was good.

Anyway, I prefer to have control over my ingredients, so tomato sauce from scratch sounds like a real plus to me.
>>
>>7546265

*And chili powder in the meat mixture as it's reducing.
>>
Theres a greek dish...green beans, potato and onion stewed in tomato. Its best when done with alot of tomato and alot of olive oil. Great side dish especially with braised meat.
>>
>>7546496
Also an african dish (maybe morrocan?), eggs poached in a tomato sauce served with bread. that shit is amazing
>>
>>7546522

That's brilliant.
Can you think of the name?
>>
swiss steak... buy a cheap beef roast and cube it, then peel some potatoes and carrots, put it in a crock pot and cover it with tomato sauce.

I usually make it with unseasoned tomato sauce (well, except for onions and black pepper), but I imagine an 'italian'-style tomato sauce would be OK too - I've just never tried it.
>>
>>7546526
shakshouka?
>>
>>7546526
>>7546522
It's called shakshuka you utter plens.
>>
>>7546528

The Google pics alone are giving me cravings.
Much appreciated!
>>
>>7546526
>>7546522

see

>>7545637

you guys are fucking hilarious, read the thread
>>
>>7546560

Barf-in-a-pan thumbnails with no discernible theme interest me not.
You understand why one would feel that way, right?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.