[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pancake thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: pancakes rasp blue.jpg (300KB, 1521x1014px) Image search: [Google]
pancakes rasp blue.jpg
300KB, 1521x1014px
>Best recipe
Milk, flour, vanilla sugar, egg white, bicarbonate, salt. Fry in butter on low heat.

>Best topping
Walnut & maple syrup ice cream

>Best occasion
Birthday breakfast
>>
Are Mc Donald's pancakes as good as they used to be in the 80s or do they taste like prepackaged garbage now?
>>
>>7542585
Well they are prepackaged, so they are not as exposed to the local franchise's success with enforcing hygiene policy.
>>
>>7542542
How about posting, you know, pancakes, actual pancakes that are called pancakes, not that American crap.
>>
>>7542617
It's just how thick you make the batter.
>>
>>7542542
is there a noticeable difference between making them with pancake mix and making them with ingredients?
>>
>>7542585
I had McDonald's pancakes once when I was pretty young, probably like 15 years ago. I remember them being fucking amazing, but that might have just been because I was little, I don't know.
>>
>>7542777
Oh, and they came with sausage. The sausage was also really good.
>>
>>7542764
Less preservatives, stabilizers, and flavorings. Check ingredients for cornstarch, corn syrup, lecithin, or sodium stearoyl lactylate.

Lecithin is in eggs, although usually not powdered and concentrated. The rest just doesn't belong at all. And batter isn't hard to get right, so buy it? have you compared the per pound pricing of batter mix to flour or sugar? Plus it comes in a plastic bottle.
>>
>>7542542
How much of each ingredient tho... Do you use yolks at all come on man help a brother out
>>
>Best recipe
Flour, water, and salt

>Best topping
Lemon juice and icing sugar

>Best occasion
Breakfast
>>
I made some the other day with just some excess whole wheat sourdough sponge. They were pretty good, for pancakes, which I don't particularly like.
>>
Wrong

>Best Recipe
Flour,baking powder,Malted milk powder,salt,sugar,eggs,milk,melted butter

>Best Topping
Good quality maple syrup and raspberries/blueberries
>>
>ctrl+f buttermilk
>no match found

weeewww

Sourdough guy, you were close. Also that sounds good.
>>
>>7542542

needs cinnamon and topped with apples and vanilla ice cream
>>
I like pancakes. They can be as easy or complicated as you want them to be.

Easy: Just remember 1-1-1
1 egg
1 cup of flour
1 cup of milk

Mix until combined and STOP FUCKING MIXING.
Butter in a pan, low heat, cook your fucking pancakes.

Advanced:
Pretty similar to what the OP said, you can go real in depth here. I like vanilla sugar and a bit of salt. Buttermilk is hugely recommended as well.
If you don't want to specifically buy buttermilk, make it yourself. 1 tablespoon of vinegar into 1 tablespoon less than a cup of milk, stir, let it sit for 5 minutes.

Huge tip: All of your ingredients should be at room temperature. I know you crazy Americans tend to refrigerate your eggs. Take them out 1 or 2 hours before you start cooking.
>>
>>7544326

flaccid unleavened euro "pancakes" detected
>>
>>7544329
It's called 'moderation'. Look it up. A batch of pancakes doesn't need to feed a family of 5 walruses.
>>
>>7543276
2 cup flour, 2 egg (yolks optional), .25 tsp salt, 2 tsp baking powder, vanilla to taste
mix together and add milk until you get your desired thiccness. wa la
>>
>>7544332

What does moderation have to do with the fact that you posted an unleavened recipe for pancakes while every red-blooded American knows that pancakes are supposed to be leavened? What does the texture of a pancake have to do with walruses?
>>
>>7542542
>Fry in butter
Nah brah, gotta use that canola oil. Gets the texture of the outside a bit more chewy and the color a beautiful, even, golden brown. Butter adds flavor, but it makes the texture a bit too tough and lends a more mottled brown color to the pancakes.

Bacon grease yields similar results in regards to texture and color, which I feel are worth trading for a slight decline in flavor.
>>
Peanut butter and jam on pancakes is top tier
>>
>Not buttermilk
>>
If I want a refreshing fruit smoothie on a hot summer day, buttermilk is it.

When I'm marinading chicken buttermilk enzymes are the best.

But pancakes? Why the hell would you want sour pancakes? No, milk and butter, not buttermilk!
>>
>>7544507

The point of using buttermilk in pancakes is because the acid form the buttermilk helps react with the baking soda thereby making them fluffier.
>>
>>7543291
You forgot egg , that's just a deep frying batter not a pancake batter
>>
>>7542542
>Best recipe
Buttermilk, flour, eggs, salt, sugar, chocolate chips/blueberries
>Best topping
Maple syrup, ice cream, chocolate sauce, fruit
>Best occasion
Any day nigga
>>
>>7544512

can just use a squeeze of lemon instead and not buy shitty buttermilk

lemons have a lot of uses, buttermilk is shit
>>
I want to cook blood pancakes. They're from Swedish cuisine although the Fins make them too.
>>
>>7544999
Everybody makes them, without your coagulation factors go to shit.
>>
it's easy
> buttermilk
> flour
> beaten egg white
> little salt
> vanilla sugar

> banana le topping
> cold butter

> breakfast
>>
>>7545103
shit forgot cinammon

add it at any step, really
>>
>>7545026
Pancakes, not platelets.
>>
>>7545118
Blodplättar
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.