[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: respectable_profession.jpg (194KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
respectable_profession.jpg
194KB, 2000x1333px
I'm a sommelier at what I guess /ck/ would term a "fine dining" restaurant (I realise that's a loose term as some of you believe Olive Garden to be a high end gastronomic experience).
Ask me anything.
>>
>>7541483
What's it like having a sham job where you just make shit up about whatever you're drinking?
>>
>>7541492
Hello, /ck/.
>>
>>7541483
why you don't post a picture of wine bottles then?
>>
>>7541483
Do your parents know you're gay?
>>
>>7541483
what level are you?
>>
>>7541483
Was gearing up for rose season a pain in the ass for you this year? Did you get what you wanted?
>>
>>7541483
dae blog reddit?

so u da ne
>>
>>7541483
what the fuck is wrong with that cigarette
>>
>>7541483
What are two wines would you pair with seared scallops, Jerusalem artichoke purée and honey/sage jus?
>>
>>7541815
a Chardonnay in oak barrique ...
>>
>>7541483
Does the Cisco taste like routers?
>>
>>7541483
i've had each of those but Cisco. guess it's no surprise that ive been in 3 rehabs
>>
>>7541802
not OP but i believe its actually a small pipe disguised as a cig
>>
>>7541815
>honey/sage jus
Au jus is a French culinary term meaning "in the juice". It refers to meat dishes prepared or served together with a light gravy made from the juices given off by the meat as it is cooked.
>>
Buying a bunch of fruity shit from the clearance aisle at your local liquor store and calling yourself a sommelier is exactly the same as calling Olive Garden fine dining.
>>
Hey /CK/, just passed the lvl 4 WSET exam so I actually know what the fuck i'm talking about, AMA
>>
>>7542986
Worked at a wine shop for a long time and my boss gave me a 2007 Ridge Lytton Estate Petite Sirah as a going away present. Obviously it was awesome. Before that my favorite PS was the now-unavailable Whole Hog PS. What Petite Sirah do you recommend under $100? No blends, please.
>>
>>7541483
If he took off his mask would he die?!
>>
File: 103299441.jpg (560KB, 758x1024px) Image search: [Google]
103299441.jpg
560KB, 758x1024px
>>7543119
Tell me about chef, why does he wear the mask
>>
>>7543124

That's a terrorist making mustard gas.
>>
Is there ever a situation where getting wine is appropriate now that all nice restaurants have good beer selections?
>>
>>7541483
How do I avoid getting shit wine in American restaurants?
>>
Night Train>
>>
>>7541483

is half your shift pouring bottles of oak creek into fancier bottles in the back?
>>
>>7542039

ive had 3 of them including cisco. the last time i had cisco (nearly a decade ago) i blacked out and shit myself.

horrible stuff. god knows what is in it but it tastes like cough syrup.
>>
>>7543181
Not OP or the other wine guy, but I don't order any wine from restaurants that don't have a decent wine list. In my experience as a longtime former server, you need to be able to choose from at least a couple of bottles per variety. If they only have one each of chardonnay, cab, shiraz, cab sauv, and some other thing, none of those wines will be particularly good. Typically those are picked because they hit a certain price point, not because they are great wine.

Another trick is to let a cheap wine breathe for a little bit before drinking it, maybe order it right away and wait until the main course to begin drinking.
>>
>>7542054
sure, but you can put some saje in the pan during the cooking of the scallops with butter and deglaze it with lemon , add some honey for the liaison... so "Just a la sauje " is correct here.. sometime you add a bit "jus de veau" in the pan too ...

source : I am a French chef
>>
20/20 , that was the drink we had in the late 80s as teens to get drunk. Its the worst/cheapest crap created
>>
>>7542054
The fond from searing the scallops is deglazed and sage and honey are added. Is it that hard to understand?
>>
>>7541483
what do u think of whisky experts?
>>
>>7544160
>Is it that hard to understand?

Nope. But "jus" is an inaccurate term for what you are describing.
>>
>>7543029
Hopper Creek.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.