[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about bubble tea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11

File: img_2582.jpg (71KB, 610x407px) Image search: [Google]
img_2582.jpg
71KB, 610x407px
What do you guys think about bubble tea
>>
>>7536520
Had it once. It tasted good, but the bubble part was nasty. Just gross balls of tapioca or somesuch floating around near the bottom. It's a meme drink, just get regular tea like a normal person.
>>
>>7536520
it's pretty good once in a while. i always get the tarou flavour.
>>
>>7536557
What is tarou (to lazy to google)
>>
Ahh you mean taro
>>
>>7536520
The sensation of tapioca balls going down my throat seriously makes me want to gag.
>>
>>7536520
When it's well made it's great.
But anything less is utter shit.
You can't find any good ones outside of San Gabriel Valley anyway.
>>
>>7536582
You would know, having travelled the entire world.
>>
is it still bubble tea if i ask for it without the tapioca balls
>>
Not a fan

By the way, it's called boba. I live near SGV and never heard a single Asian call it bubble tea or tapioca.
>>
>>7536609
No it's a smoothie then
>>
>>7536562
Its a root.
>>
>>7536577
You're supposed to chew them.
>>
A few years ago it was fucking huge, and now it's leveled off but it was like the fucking pinkberry tier popularity everywhere except places that have a substantial Asian population.

Anyone I knew who wasn't on the coasts was all "omg have you heard of this bubble tea, omg so good".

And it's just "Yeah boba? That shit can be bought at any hole in the wall chinese restaurant and always has been". You see the faded ad for it next to their Chinese calendar and lucky Buddha.

Taste wise, it's alright.
>>
>>7536661
>Anyone I knew who wasn't on the coasts was all "omg have you heard of this bubble tea, omg so good".
>And it's just "Yeah boba? That shit can be bought at any hole in the wall chinese restaurant and always has been".
I know pshh flyovers right? phsh
>>
>>7536587
Does flying over you're hometown count?
>>
>>7536661
>You see the faded ad for it next to their Chinese calendar and lucky Buddha.
authentic imagery right here, lads
>>
>>7536610
Based on conversations with friends originally from the west coast, the most used term on the west coast is "boba" while here on the east coast the most used is "bubble tea". In between, I have no idea. "Boba" is a mispronunciation of "bubble" anyway so it doesn't really matter.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (17KB, 257x283px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
17KB, 257x283px
had one months ago cause my schitzo neighbor kept hounding me to try one.

so i did picked a mango peach or something(fruit i liked) the drink part tasted decent/ok but the "bubbles" were the size of small marbles, enough to fit up the wide straw. they were pure black and getting thru the thin gel like substance tasted like dough inside...it was gross.

also this was a dedicated bubble tea place not some restaurant selling bubble tea as a novelty drink.
>>
>>7537132
Get the coconut jelly instead. Less jizz like texture. Even thought I live and die for it anyways. Makes sucking the straw easier too. Try creamy Pina colada. Yummy cummy goodness!
>>
File: peeped a tit.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
peeped a tit.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
If beauty had a taste, it would be jasmine milk tea.
>>
It's a social drink, similar to the phrase "Let's get coffee."
>>
>>7537144
My favorite. Goddamn that shit is fragrant and silky smooth.
>>
File: 1427317291716.jpg (48KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1427317291716.jpg
48KB, 400x462px
>>7536562
>(too lazy to google)
>>
>>7536577
>JUST
>>
>>7536609
thats 'milk tea'
>>
>>7536520
Absolutely nice. But I don't drink it too often though, because that shit's sweet. The pearls and milk go well together (unless there's too little pearls you'll just be drinking milk tea, oo much and you'll be chewing the whole day)
>mfw there are people who choose >30% sugar
>>
novelty meme drink made by asian-americans, i don't think they actually drink it anywhere in asia. absolutely delicious when done right though
>>
Had it once. The texture of the pearls going down my throat was easily one of the top 5 worst experiences I have had in consuming something in my life. It still makes me sick to think about it.
>>
>>7538557
It's actually Taiwanese.
>>
>>7538630

You know you're supposed to chew those, right? You aren't meant to swallow directly like you do with goat semen.
>>
What year was bubble tea a big meme on /ck/? It seems like it was awhile ago.
>>
>>7536552

if i wanted regular tea, i'd get regular tea. if i want a unique frosty drink with tapioca balls, i'd get bubble tea. like a normal person.
>>
Had it in Honolulu recently. It started out good but near the end every sip was full of the tapioca balls and it was kinda tiring taking one small sip and chewing constantly.

Shooting the balls out of your straw gets amazing distance though.
>>
>>7536520
ITT: people complain about tapioca balls being slimy who most likely sperg out if anyone claims that they prefer their steak or eggs well done.
>>
>>7538951
>Shooting the balls out of your straw

This is the only enjoyable part of bubble tea.
>>
>>7538557
>novelty meme drink made by asian-americans, i don't think they actually drink it anywhere in asia.

Fucking retard.
>>
>>7536520
Mmmmm lychee and tapioca
>>
>>7536520
i love the moist, sticky balls sliding down my throat.
>>
>>7536520
The one in my town's pretty shit but the city near us has a really good small bubble tea counter in a mall.

Mango, black tea, tapioca. Every time after I order there's always a Chinese person ordering though which freaks me out.
>>
File: im-bubble-tea-suck-my-balls.jpg (30KB, 450x641px) Image search: [Google]
im-bubble-tea-suck-my-balls.jpg
30KB, 450x641px
Here's what bubble tea thinks of you
>>
>>7536520
I use to like the tapioca balls, but now its just a hassle to deal with so I always order my drink without it.
>>
Warm taro or pandan milk tea with tapioca pearls is where its at
>>
Man, /ck/ has great taste. Whenever I bring up how fucking disgusting the boba balls are with my friends they look at me like I'm crazy. But who thought that would be a good idea?
>>
File: 1453790584872.png (21KB, 243x195px) Image search: [Google]
1453790584872.png
21KB, 243x195px
My Gf used to work at a bubble tea café. Chinese owners were cheap and so the tea was made with powders and expiring fruit. Apparently that's common for your average place.
To me even the powered stuff tastes decent, especially with pudding. But here in Calgary its like 5 bucks a drink. If it was 2-3 a drink, it would be a lot more reasonable.

Overall 6/10
>>
>>7544193
You're the kind of fag who doesn't get nuts in his icecream because he's a texture autist

grow the fuck up an chew on some boba you uncultured swine
>>
>>7536520

YOU NEED TO BE A 14 YEAR OLD ASIAN GIRL TO BUY IT
>>
>>7536520
Absolutely disgusting.

For starters, I don't really like tea, so COLD tea makes me feel sick. Then nobody told me there was tapoica in it. Fucking cold-ass rice pudding. That was an issue because it jammed the straw, then shot up and hit me in the back of the throat. And then there was some awful 'fruit' flavour added.

It'd be fine without the tea or the balls of gunk. Or the fake fruit flavouring.
>>
>>7538630
See
>>7538670

You're not supposed to swallow them whole you idiot; that's probably why it felt so bad.
>>
>>7538557
Smh typical flyovers
>>
Heart disease, and diabeetus.
>>
>>7544543
>Then nobody told me there was tapoica in it.

How is that even possible? Surely you saw the little balls on the signs/posters all around the shop, right? Not to mention being able to see them at the bottom of your cup?
>>
There are a hundred places to get bubble tea in my town and two of them are good

the two that are good are REALLY REALLY GOOD though

it's all about cooking the tapioca just right so it loses the rubbery taste and has a nice gummy texture all the way through

I like it best with Thai Milk tea mixed with a bit of viet coffee
>>
family is from Taiwan and I live in the SGV, its like drinking crack.
>>
>>7538557
What. I got it all over China when I was visiting. Good times.
>>
File: hecantkeepgettingawaywiththis.jpg (32KB, 385x356px) Image search: [Google]
hecantkeepgettingawaywiththis.jpg
32KB, 385x356px
>you will never hang out at tea works playing computer games during high school years EVER AGAIN
>>
>>7538557
I saw a bunch of places for it in Tokyo
>>
File: download (14).jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (14).jpg
9KB, 259x194px
The popping bobbles with fruit juice inside are much better.
>>
>>7536520
I like bubble hash better
>>
>>7536610
You know "boba" is just an Asian bastardization of bubble

Like fly lice
>>
>>7545494
I like them too, I wish I knew how theyre made
>>
>bubble teas
are you stuck in 2004 bro?
>>
>>7536577
>balls
>first instinct is to swallow whole
Chew, faggot.
>>
>>7536577
you have to gargle the balls first before you swallow that load m8, what are you gay?
>>
>>7547458
They're 'caviar', a basic staple of molecular gastronomy. You can buy kits to make them, or get the two main ingredients (calcium chloride and sodium alginate) for far, far cheaper in bulk.
>>
File: 1451761623545.jpg (3KB, 124x88px) Image search: [Google]
1451761623545.jpg
3KB, 124x88px
>>7536610
>By the way, it's called boba
>>
It's pretty hilarious to hear stories about white people choking on tapioca pearls.
>>
>>7536520
taste shit.
>>
>>7549904
ha, gaaaaaaay.
>>
>>7549904
They should have labels that remind people to chew the pearls and not swallow them whole.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (85KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85KB, 1920x1080px
>>7536520
that shit taste like a tyranny's fake dong
>>
>>7550042
So, you're a fan?
>>
>>7537144
fuck off
>>
>>7538813
>implying all bubble tea is frozen slush meme fuel

strictly plebian.
>>
File: B00AUM1YR6_2.jpg (14KB, 223x279px) Image search: [Google]
B00AUM1YR6_2.jpg
14KB, 223x279px
>>7550046
only if the balls don't touch.5
>>
>>7546770
schooled!!!
>>
I don't have any problems with the actual taste of the boba, I just don't like having to chew so fucking much and have my mouth full of tapioca balls when I just want to drink my goddamn tea.
>>
Some shops there's the option to get small Asian fruits/jellies instead of the gay black balls.
>>
>>7550446
Also, look up the black balls, sometimes they serve you plastic in them
>>
>>7536520
They give me the bubble trouble guts....
>>
>>7550042
TRANNY DONG IS A SPECIAL FLAVOR FOR THE THAI MARKET

LIKE GREEN TEA KITKATS IN JAPAN

BUBBLE TEA IS LIKE 10 YEARS OUT OF STYLE, PLUS IT WAS ONLY AZNS AND WEEB FAGGOTS WHO BUY POCKY EVERY DAY
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.