[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When's the last time you went into a diner, sat at the counter,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: egg cheese and bacon.jpg (131KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
egg cheese and bacon.jpg
131KB, 1000x750px
When's the last time you went into a diner, sat at the counter, and had a nice greasy sandwich of egg, meat, and cheese on a hard roll, maybe some hash, while old people around you talked about things?
>>
>>7524841
Im in a college town. Sat down at the counter in the local breakfast joint thats been there since the 50s, has rave reviews.

The owners treated me like shit, they took forever to get me my food, and then they fucked my order up and got mad as hell when I brought it up to them.
Also its cash only so I had to use their god damn ATM which has like a 10$ fee.
>>
>>7524848
is this common around old places like this?
>>
>>7524854

I'm sure he's exaggerating a little (no ATM has a $10 fee, for example) but those old places can be unwelcoming sometimes to people that aren't regulars. They'll treat the old folks that have been coming there for decades with total courtesy but if some out-of-towner or young wiseass saunters in they're all "wtf do YOU want"? Shame since sometimes the food is pretty damned good. And if you pay with a card... hooo boy, look out.
>>
>>7524854
I think being in a college town has a lot to do with it.
Obviously a lot of turnover in college kids, so their goal is to keep the townies happy.
>>
>>7524862
I dont have crippling social anxiety like some people on here claim to have.
But they made me and my buddy feel thoroughly unwelcomed, and it wasnt just an insecurity in my head thing.
>>
>>7524865

Curious what the name of this place was. I'd like to look it up.
>>
>>7524869
http://marylous.cdale.biz/menu-2/
>>
Went and got some Porkroll and Cheese just the other day.
>>
>>7524875
>http://marylous.cdale.biz/menu-2/
carbondale eh.. im in the quad cities so i might have a lil road trip
>>
>>7524899
nevermind, 5 hours for shitty biscuits and gravy sounds retarded
>>
>>7524862
>no ATM has a $10 fee, for example
Flyover detected
>>
File: 1456903258578.png (200KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
1456903258578.png
200KB, 500x315px
>>7524865
>I dont have crippling social anxiety like some people on here claim to have
>and it wasnt just an insecurity in my head thing

Are you sure you're not fucked in the head? If you can't even convince yourself while typing a post, you probably can't fake it in front of regular people either.
>>
File: breakfast.jpg (86KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
breakfast.jpg
86KB, 1024x768px
>>7524841
I go nearly everyday. I live in Downriver Detroit. You can find me at the Original Phillips every single morning.
>>
>>7524923
You have to preface it, I mean did you read through that "im scared to go to the grocery store" thread?
>>
>>7524929
Are you into anonymous gay sex?
>>
File: SAM_6079.jpg (185KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_6079.jpg
185KB, 1600x1200px
>>7524841
this looks better no?
>>
>>7524939
That's like asking if you like good movies.
>>
If I'm sitting down at a diner I'm just going to get a regular meal.
>>
>>7524940
hell no
>>
>>7524940
>all that fucking mayo and guac

u from Chile?
>>
>>7524911
atms have fees
they're not 10 bucks
get fucked autist
>>
>>7524911

Highest ATM fee I've ever seen was maybe $3-$4, in downtown Manhattan.

If you have a shitty bank they might also charge you for using anything other than their ATM's, but it's still not going to add up to anything close to $10.
>>
>>7525146
You have to watch out for 3rd party ATMs
Say you have a Chase account, and pull from a Bank of America ATM, you get fees from both, but they are both int he 3-4 dollar range.

Non bank affiliated ATMs are the ones that push 6-7 dollar fees, and you see them in weird places that arent big or popular enough for a real bank to put an ATM in. Like my local bowling alley has one, but would never have a real bank put one in there.

These ATMs make a lot of money.
>>
>>7525045
>Escudo
Gee I wonder.
Also that's not guac, just mashed avocado.
>>
>>7525222

Oh god not this again
>>
>>7525222
Wena ql
>>
>>7525242
WENA WUM
>>
>>7525247
Back on topic, in january was the last time I ate Bife a lo pobre, now I really want one right now
>>
>>7525222
All I know about fake Texas is the reckless abandon with which mayonaise is treated, not your meme beer
>>
>>7524841
I've always wanted to visit a diner located in the middle of nowhere, where it's just miles of empty desert or snow.

And somewhere on a road that stretches on for miles there's a delapitated old diner. And when you walk in everyone turns and stares at you as if you're negro walking into an all white diner and you can hear a pen drop, except for the squeaky fan that is barely running on the ceiling.

You have no idea where these customers come from as you see no tractor trailers parked outside and there isn't a home for miles but somehow this place has regulars, and some old waitress who smells like she smokes 12 cartons of cigarettes every day named Florence approaches your table after you seat yourself, swats and smashes a fly on your table with the menu she is bringing you, and leaves the dead fly there and hands you the menu with the fly guts on it, and says in a southern twang, through her gnarly teeth, with a slight whistle to it because she's missing teeth, as she digs her pinky into her ear,

>What'll it be hun?
>>
>>7524841
I had a BEC at the coffeeshop two weeks ago. Only eat them a few times a year, but I love them.
>>
The cloest restaurant to my house is actually a truck stop. Such is life in fly over country. They only have 3 meals that arent sandwiches or breakfast. All are excellent and i guess since the same truckers arent stopping regularly they only need 3. They have meatloaf gravy and mashed potatoes, lasagna and pot roast over mashed potatoes. Burgers are fresh ground. The best breakfast is the biscuits and gravy with the corned beef hash a close second. I eat there every other week or so. No hipster cooks just simple American food. There is a dairy across the street abd the milk and milkshakes are awesone
>>
File: 4497751613_1c712590f1_b[1].jpg (588KB, 1024x656px) Image search: [Google]
4497751613_1c712590f1_b[1].jpg
588KB, 1024x656px
Several months because I live in Kentucky now and there are no real diners out here.
>>
File: 1442543240456.jpg (113KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1442543240456.jpg
113KB, 960x1280px
>>7524841
I read that as "harsh old white people talked around you"
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.