[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Dishwashing Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

What should I expect? Also its in a really classy , 10000 a month , assisted living place. also its a no smoking enviroment. Any tips?
>>
>>7522828

You make 10000 dollars a month and you want to know what the job is going to be like?

>"agnes, why are you blowtorching kraft cheese slices onto every plate?"
>"have you heard what they fucking pay this guy?"
>>
>>7522828
you scrub,y ou get wet, you use the big dishwasher, and if you're lucky, you get rashes from soap.

dishwashing is easy. it's not really miserable work either. just listen to music and work fast and it'll be ez
>>
>>7522828

expect to wash a lot of dishes.

do it as fast as you can do it well.

STFU.

Don't talk back.

Don't give ideas

work hard enough to impress Manuel and Consuela and you might move up.

STFU
>>
>>7522894
Ignore this post. A fair amount of snark is essential for a dishwasher because otherwise you'll go insane from the tedium.

Washing dishes in an assisted living home sounds like a fucking breeze. Buy some good lotion for your hands because the sani will dry you out. Your hands will develop toughness against the heat over time.
>>
>>7522864
shit, sorry, the rent for the residents is 8000 to 10,000 a month I meant, lucky if ill get $8 an hour
>>
>>7522899
ty anon, nice tip
>>
>>7522894

>company sees anon is the best at washing dishes
>Manuel and Consuela's collective jaws drop upon observing the quality and speed of anon's dishwashing
>company decides anon shouldn't be washing dishes and should be doing something he has absolutely no training or qualifications in.

IN what universe does this happen? You know what I'd do if I employed the best dishwasher ever? I'd keep him there for as long as I could.

OP, if you don't want to wash dishes forever, do an okay job at washing dishes just so you don't get burnt out, then ask your boss for performance assessments as often as possible.
>>
>>7522828

For the love of God, dump the fucking trash and food off the fucking dishes into the trash can, RINSE those mother fucking dishes in the middle sink, THEN you can put them in the soapy sink. Been in and out of restaurants for over a decade and there are still niggers who do not get this incredibly simple concept. Place I'm working at now, I have to degrease the sanitizing sink every time I come up because these high-as-fuck retards don't know how to clean dishes. Fuck.
>>
>>7522899
I used to dish wash at an old folks home. It's easier than a resturaunt because you know exactly how and when the rush will be.

Its a shitty job, you'll get burned at first until you develop "kitchen hands" you'll grow used to seeing half eaten food.

The other advice is pretty solid, work fast and dont talk back. Make sure 1 item never gets backed up (pans/silverware/plates) because of the cooks or waiters run out you back up the entire fucking operation. Also, expect waitstaff to look down on you, but any decent cook will give you the most respect.

Oh, and dont wear gloves, it will slow you down.
>>
>>7522968
That happened to me, I started washing dishes at an old folks home at 16, picked it back up again in college. Eventually they pulled me off the line and made me a prep cook that graduated to line cook. Over the summer i used that experience to get line cook jobs and improve my skills. I couldnt find work in my field after graduation so I spent 2 years as a head cook fulltime for various places before leaving the industry altogether at 25 yo.

Dare to dream anon.
>>
>>7522828
>dishwashing
>$10,000/month
I think you've been lied to
>>
>>7522828
dont smoke
stay busy
>>
Ignore all criticism or pressure but be nice.
>>
Dishwashing sucks, but it's not terrible

Especially if you work with Mexicans. They dont clean a single fucking thing
>>
>>7522828
>>assisted living
Do not do it as fast as you can you fucking faggot. Do it as carefully and thoroughly as you can and fuck anyone else that says otherwise. Old people are fucking sick on a dime, so the slightly corner cutting tactics normal for a dish washer don't exist here for anyone who doesn't need to be hit with a baseball bat a few times.
>>
>>7522864
fucking lol
>>
>>7524001
Can you repeat that again, but in English? I don't understand anything you're trying to say
>>
>>7524044
I think what he is trying to say is proper food safety is especially important in a nursing home. Old people are vulnerable, so doing the "corner cutting tactics" that are somewhat common in foodservice might actually kill someone in this situation.
>>
File: ron_paul_young.jpg (62KB, 356x356px) Image search: [Google]
ron_paul_young.jpg
62KB, 356x356px
>>7522864

kek'd audibly.
>>
>>7522828
Prepare your fucking anus
>>
>>7523538
Similar story here. Prep work is about as difficult as running a dishwasher. They will trust a monkey to it when short staffed. They see you working hard, and you don't fuck it up when they need you, and you'll move into cooking.

Once you're cooking on the line, you get to demonstrate that you can follow more complex procedures, like not dumping the steamer water onto yourself or creating excess food waste. Eventually you get a reputation as dependable and you move up to off shift head chef, then chef as positions become available. After a while as head, you can move to line at a better restaurant. Rinse and repeat until you realize that cooking is a shit job, and your skills are best employed somewhere without 14 hour days and asshole managers that know nothing about running a kitchen.
>>
>>7524001
Seriously, as long as it makes it through the machine, the temperatures will kill ANYTHING. Industrial dishwashers are also powerful as fuck. as long as you clean the catch trays fairly frequently, there is no way to fuck the job up. Work fast, and assist elsewhere as needed.
>>
>>7525605
Sounds like a lot of hard work in a shit environment for not much reward.

I'll keep my cooking at home and my work at work fanks
>>
>>7522828
>What should I expect?
Until the dishes become sentient and try to take over it should be pretty obvious
Fairly relaxing job when you're not too slammed
>>
I think it's $1000 a month, not $10,000 a month.
Shit, I'd wash dishes for $120k/year with a fucking smile on my face.
>>
>>7525735
Yeah. It's hard work, but sometimes, it's what you can get. It's pretty much loaded with MBA dropouts. I paid my way through college doing it.It kept me in steady decent paying work until the job I wanted became available. It's nice to get out of school and not have to sweat where you're going to work. Just don't treat it as a final destination.

The upside is that when I throw parties these days, I can lay out one hell of a spread without too much effort. Time spent in a kitchen is never wasted, no matter where you end up in life.
>>
>>7525767
no the residents pay 10,000 a month for rent. I was trying to give an idead of how ritsy the place is.
>>
>>7525786
> Time spent in a kitchen is never wasted, no matter where you end up in life.
This is accurate as fuck. You learn so many "carry over" skills.
a few off the top of my head are
>multitasking (not oh I'm doing two things at once!) more like, i'm keeping track of 10 orders trying to get them all to finish cooking at roughly the same time so it doesnt sit in the window drying out.
>attention to detail
>working when your behind
>inventory management (food spoils faster than most products)
>teamwork (you'll develop good relationships with the other cooks, in some cases you'll be so synched up you'll barely need to communicate aside from the occasional "i got this" or head nod)
>working in uncomfortable conditions. (It would sometimes hit 120 in the summer, with high humidity because of all the steam)
>and time management. If you dont properly prep, you're fucked. (see working from behind)

It wasnt the hardest job I ever had, but I learned a fuck of a lot more than when to flip a burger.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.