[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

R.I.P Fridge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: fridge-broken.gif (10KB, 335x298px) Image search: [Google]
fridge-broken.gif
10KB, 335x298px
My fridge has died on me today and I can't get one for another week or so. What can I do in the meantime with food? I don't have a lot of money so the less "buying and eating straight away at fast food places" the better. I have to take lunch to work and rely on the fridge to keep the food fresh.

So what can I buy /ck/? I'm thinking of buying foods like eggs, pasta and tinned foods, those won't go off a while (especially the tinned shit).
>>
beef jerky
>>
>>7511244
pull out the cooler and go buy a couple bags of ice. should last 3 days.
>>
>Eat everything tonight
>Live on the fat reserves for a week
>>
Sardines or Kippered fish, mustard and bread.
>>
File: foilman.gif (4MB, 400x269px) Image search: [Google]
foilman.gif
4MB, 400x269px
>>7511256
>>
What kind of dumbass question is that? The only products that need refrigeration are basically fresh animal products and cooked or otherwise hydrated, potentially hazardous foods. If your diet revolves around that, it's time to reconsider your life choices.
>>
>>7511244
peanut butter sandwiches
>>
just buy canned food and live like a hobo
>>
>>7511244
> watermelon
> apples
> pears
> oranges
> kiwi
The list goes on. Just buy hella fruit with what you have
>>
Option1: pretend u are invited to ppls dinners/lunches and feed off them
Optin2: if cool outside (below 10) use ur window as fridge
Option3: instant ramen
Option4: ask your mum to cook for you
Option5: pretend you are a weaboo and take cooked rice with vegetables and shit in bento box for lunch at work and get up early to make them

Pretty much u done nigga
>>
File: disgusted_mulatto_man_3.png (124KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted_mulatto_man_3.png
124KB, 300x300px
>>7511434
>Warm fruit
>>
this thread makes me realize i own no food at any given time that needs to be refrigerated
>>
Tomatoes can be left at room temp, eggs can last up to a week or two without refrigeration, there's pasta and rice, potatoes. Plenty of fruits that are ok at room temp.

>>7513186
Could you tell me about some of the things you eat. Want to know more ways to eat without refrigeration.
>>
>>7514922
>eggs can last up to a week or two without refrigeration
what the fuck are you talking about, eggs last longer out of the fridge
>>
>>7515009
Eggs in the US are washed and shipped refrigerated. They spoil faster when left out.
>>
>>7515009
Not in America
>>
Take everything out of the fridge and put it in aspic
>>
>>7511256
This. If you don't have a cooler, buy one.
>>
>>7515030
If you coat them in mineral oil they'll last about 8 months.
>>
>>7511244
Cans of soup, rice since you can cook the amount you want and the rest will be dry and safe without refrigeration.
Small amount of burger if your local areas sell small packages.
>>
>>7511244
Why do you have to wait a week?
>>
>>7511244
Don't let the guys that drop off the new fridge steal your old fridge (they sell them for scrap or use them for parts). You can take that old fridge, attach some swivel caster wheels/legs to the back of it, lay it on its back and use it as a large cooler/ice chest/smoker-cooker/thermal cooker/yogurt maker for whatever. You can put ice in it or use it to make yogurt by adding a light bulb or two in order to warm the yogurt. You can even turn it into a huge thermal cooker which is awesome by-the-way. Lastly you can use it upright to store non-refrigerated foods that you want to keep insects and mince out of. Like flour, beans, rice, cereal, etc. You can lay it on its side so that the doors open downward (like a dishwasher door does) use it for the above listed things (except ice chest) and still be able to use the flat surface on the top to set stuff on like a toaster oven, rice cooker, microwave, etc.

If it is all metal inside:
https://youtu.be/xHJlBLYGNcs

If it is all plastic inside just stick to ice chest, yogurt maker, or thermal cooker.

http://kraftykarina.blogspot.com/2013/07/from-old-refrigerator-to-ice-chest.html

http://www.thefrugalgirl.com/2009/10/how-to-make-homemade-yogurt-2/

http://foodstorageandsurvival.com/wonderbox-thermal-cooker-faqs/
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.