[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Fine Chocolate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

What are your recommendations? Why are Belgian and Swiss chocolate considered best?

I have tried: Teuscher, Milka, Ghirardelli, Ferrero Rocher
I want to try: Omnom, Askinosie, and Vosges Haut-Chocolate
>>
>>7495585
>omnom
Fuck off cancer
The other two are good
>>
>>7495594
Is Omnom bad? I have liked their wrappings but never tried any of their chocolates
>>
File: IMAG0090.jpg (67KB, 700x396px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0090.jpg
67KB, 700x396px
>>7495594
>>7495596
Don't listen to him, it is a little pricey but the chocolate is damn good
>>
>>7495585
I like Ghirardelli 86% dark midnight reverie or the Lindt 90%. That's pretty much all I can get at the local store anyways
>>
>>7495585
SoMA, åkessons, Pump Street Bakery, Domori, Amedei, Duffy's, Rogue, Patric, Bonnat, Pralus, Friis-holm, Amano.

There are so many but i cba to list more.

Mika, ghiradelli, ferrero are all shit teir. Vosges is meme chocolate.
>>
I can't picture myself enjoying chocolate with spice and weird ingredients found in the Vosges Haut-Chocolate. Has anyone tried it before?
>>
>>7495635
>SoMA, åkessons, Pump Street Bakery, Domori, Amedei, Duffy's, Rogue, Patric, Bonnat, Pralus, Friis-holm, Amano.
Which of these would you say are top 3 based on taste?
>>
>>7495645
American chocolate companies are surprisingly good
>>
>>7495693
>said no one ever
>>
>>7495643
I eat it all the time, it's great. They know what they're doing
>>7495709
Like with our food in general, the good stuff comes from small operations you've probably never heard of even if you're from here, and definitely haven't heard of if you're not. The shit stuff you have heard of is, of course, terrible. Here in America we believe in feeding huge amounts of cheap, barely edible garbage to the masses, and indoctrinating them into thinking that if you don't like it you hate America and all that she stands for. The good stuff is expensive, rare, and probably much better than anything you've tasted in your life.

It's sad if you are a passportless flyover, but great if you love real food and are willing to pay what it costs.
>>
>>7495645
If money is no object Rogue is the best, imo. They're expensive though. Like $20/bar.

Åkessons and pump street for flavored bars. Pump streets sourdough and seasalt as well as their rye crumb bar are really good.

As for unlfavored I would say it depends on preferance. THe french bars and friis holm(made with bonnat) have a really high cocoa butter content, so their snap isn't as hard, and they have a very distinct melt. Bonnat Chuao is a personal favorite.

Amano has a lot of great bars too. And theyre pretty cheap. Their Dos Rios and Chuao are some of their best.

A top 3 would probably be Pump street, Rogue and Bonnat. All of the makers have exceptional bars, though.
>>
File: Sirius-Bar-Wrapped.jpg (49KB, 393x468px) Image search: [Google]
Sirius-Bar-Wrapped.jpg
49KB, 393x468px
Has anyone tasted Icelandic chocolates such as Omnom or Nói Síríus? I have seen them at Whole Foods and I am wondering which one to try
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.gif (2MB, 357x238px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.gif
2MB, 357x238px
>>7497341
>56%

gross
>>
>>7496018
Bonnat > Rogue in my opinion
>>
>>7495585
I've always considered Lindt to be up there, but it probably depends on what kind of chocolate you're looking for.
>>
>>7497349
The higher percentage indicates, that you´ll have to expect a taste that´s rather bitter instead of sweet.
I personally like it, it goes perfect with a good, strong espresso.
>>
>>7497349
>give american woman 40%
>she hates it
>>
Lindt & Sprüngli desu
>>
Hershey's
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.