[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this shitleaf everywhere? it tastes like soap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: cilantro_i.png (216KB, 390x335px) Image search: [Google]
cilantro_i.png
216KB, 390x335px
why is this shitleaf everywhere? it tastes like soap
>>
>>7494214
Sorry about your defective genes, esse
>>
>>7494214
>>7494220
Just tastes like soap to some people, doesn't to me bro, so I'll put that shit in my string bean tomato dish and eat it all up.
>>
Cilantro right? My mother thinks it tastes like Dawn dish liquid. I've never taken the liberty of testing that.
>>
This shit is so damn overpowering, I hate it. I want to eat food not earthy grass asshole flavor.
>>
Sorry for your shit genes. Tastes minty and refreshing. Too bad for you, I guess.
>>
Cilantro isn't pleasant to me but I never got the soap comparisons. I can't really compare it to anything else.
>>
i like so much cilantro in my salsa that it practically is the salsa
>>
>>7494214
You are literally a shit human being if you don't love cilantro
>>
The soap stuff is a genetic thing. Some people have genes that make them taste whatever your tasting the way you taste it, others don't.
To me it just tastes like herbs.
It's my favorite. Go through bunches of it. Soups, with noodles, with rice, etc.
>>
>>7494272
It is from shit parenting. You know his mom is a plain hamburger with ketchup sort of fat.
>>
If it makes you feel any better, Julia Child felt the same way
>>
my dad whines about cilantro being in anything

it's a white person thing
>>
>>7494334
That old white bitch never tasted anything not made out of white people shit like chicken and butter
>>
>>7494351
Cilantro is native in southern Europe
>>
>>7494341
I'm white and I could eat the shit by itself
>>
>>7494360
Europes =/= White

That batty old cunt would be a meme from Youtube at best in this day and age.
>>
>>7494214
>it tastes like soap
Sorry you have shit taste.
>>
>>7494214
You have bad genes. I feel sorry for you, you'll never know why everyone else likes it. Let me just assure you it doesn't taste like that to people who like it. The world isn't insane, you just have unusual senses.
>>
>>7494351
Cooking with herbs is pretty much the quintessential white people thing. At least if you don't count the Brits and the Americans who both more or less completely forgot how to cook for like two generations or so.
>>
>>7494214
what....put that in a chicken soup...or beans it taste good...
>>
>>7494378
I'm Spanish and no one has ever considered me or anyone in my family anything but white.
>>
>>7494399
So nordic food is rich in herbs? Even Spanish food is primarily smoke and peppers, with little use of herb. No.
>>
>>7494272
IF YOU WANT MINT JUST USE MINT

FUCK YOU VIETNAM AND THAILAND
>>
>>7494214
I never thought about it before but you're right, it totally does taste like weak soap. Thanks for ruining it for me forever.
>>
>>7494531
Thank you, two of the world's best tasting cuisine.
>>
>>7494531
observe the taste deficient mutant having a tantrum
>>
>>7494534
Your girlfriends vagina smells like rotting fish left in the sub on the dock, but you still go down deep there hammy, just to make sure she knows she is loved with her haggard megabush full of dandruff and crumbs.
>>
>>7494636
The cilantro has gone sentient.
>>
>>7494214
Only reason to go to el pollo loco...free cilantro, i get 3 BRCs and add tons of cilantro, their food is flavorless without it.
>>
>>7494415
>All white people are Nords.

ok.
>>
>>7494312
>Some people have genes that make them taste whatever your tasting the way you taste it

wut
>>
>>7494965
genetic mutation that allows you to taste a certain chemical compound. Similar mutations lead to asparagus making urine smell or being able to detect the smelly urine to begin with
>>
Well...yeah. It's an herb. You don't eat it directly. Just chop some up and put little bits in dishes or sauces to add some notes of flavor.

You wouldn't just shove a spoonful of black pepper in your mouth either.
>>
>>7494415
>So nordic food is rich in herbs?
Jup. Mostly dill, seaweed and juniper, since not much else grows there, but they tend to experiment a lot.
>>
Cilantro in Ramen is good. It's also very easy to grow and get a lot of coriander seeds for spices.
>>
>>7495269
>You wouldn't just shove a spoonful of black pepper in your mouth either.

There was a stupid trend with kids who would do this shit years ago...
>>
>>7494214
you taste like soap

also - it tastes like carrots to me
>>
>>7495295
>seaweed
what?
More like
>dill
>parsley
>juniper
>thyme
>marjoram

But yeah, since we traditional didn't have much access to things like pepper, chili or garlic, herbs was the only thing we could put in to give it any flavor
>>
>>7495783
That's cinnamon you're thinking of.
>>
>>7495823
It wasn't just that. Some tried to get creative with pepper or nutmeg.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.