[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eggy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: eggplant.jpg (174KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
eggplant.jpg
174KB, 900x900px
What should I make with eggplants?
>>
File: eggplant-&-pork.jpg (603KB, 1213x4900px) Image search: [Google]
eggplant-&-pork.jpg
603KB, 1213x4900px
Here.
>>
Use them to make aubergines.
>>
>>7493527
parmigiana, i made it this morning
>>
File: Nyon English.png (41KB, 436x477px) Image search: [Google]
Nyon English.png
41KB, 436x477px
>>7493559
I won't fall for that, you cheeky bastard.
>>
baba ghanoush
>>
>>7493570
>parmigiana

how do I cook that?
>>
Moussaka.
>>
>>7493527
There is no neighborhood in America where those are available at the average grocery store. Where in Portland, Oregon are you? Do they accept Apple Pay?
>>
>>7493837
probably look up a recipe but i think the basic idea is to bread it fry it and then coat it in parmesan and marinara
>>
>>7493953
This.
Or Aubergine Curry. THE best curry.
>>
>>7493968
In California and basically every grocery store supplies eggplants.
>>
>>7493968
California, specifically saying in Southern California. Didn't know that eggplants were that rare.
>>
>>7494352
they aren't rare at all. but pretty sure i'm just responding to a troll that responded to a troll.

how mea.
>>
Ok, this is something I did once. Tasted good I guess, but /ck/ knows better than me and maybe I'm just a disgusting pig.

Slice'n'dice the eggplants. Salt them and put in a drain to let the excess water go away. Because we're going to fry those.

Make tomato sauce. First, you want to put some finely chopped carrots, onions and celery stalks in some olive oil and let them cook for a bit. Quantities depend on your taste I guess. Then you put the tomato puree in. (Do you really call it puree in English? But I think you get what I mean.)
Then, add a metric fuckton of mint. Not that bitchass dried one, fresh mint leaves. Don't pussy out on it.
And while it's cooking, add wine every now and then. I put in red wine, like a whole bottle of it, because it was a lot of sauce for a lot of people but mostly because I love the taste of wine in sauce. And because, if I had not put it all in the sauce, I would have drunk the rest of the bottle alone crying on the floor.
Cook all of that for a long time. Stirring continuously. You'll know when it's done. Hint: it's when it's very good.

Deep fry those eggplant cubes. You don't want them to be too small. When you fry them, you have to get them crunchy outside and soft inside. Man I fucking love fried eggplant.

Boil pasta. Drain. Add sauce. Sprinkle eggplant on top. And mozzarella too.

I know fuckall about why this tastes good to me, but if I had to guess, the mint in the sauce goes well with fried eggplants, softening a bit that fried taste, adding a fresh note. And wine is just god-tier in sauce.

Drink the rest of the wine while eating this, wondering where it all went wrong. Wa la.
>>
>>7493527
hollow out an egg plant; hollow out a jalapeno's; put bacon in the jalapeno, wrap it in provolone. Put some pepperoni and broccoli in the egg plant, put the jalapeno in, put more pepperoni and brocolli. bake that shit; add whatever spices; also goat cheese is good in there too.
>>
Omelette
>>
Good recipes, guys and I mean it.
>>
>>7494406
forgot to rinse ur pasta ;)
>>
>>7493953
omg pls
>>
>>7493527
start up a compost heap friend
>>
>>7493527
Failed bait, anon, failed bait.
>>
>>7493527
Grilled egg plant is delicious.
>>
Chinese sea spiced aubergine is great.
>>
>>7496123
Why is it bait, Anon?
>>
>>7493968
Are you stupid? Eggplants are in every single grocery store in the country. Are you shopping at your local gas station?
>>
>>7493527
Nothing. Throw them in the trash and feel stupid for ever having them around.
>>
File: qfoCZ2c[1].jpg (162KB, 1000x944px) Image search: [Google]
qfoCZ2c[1].jpg
162KB, 1000x944px
>>7493527
>What should I make with eggplants?

Nep feel good
>>
File: 1571_2_1437661403.jpg (94KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
1571_2_1437661403.jpg
94KB, 400x534px
Ratatouille

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/classic-ratatouille/
>>
File: pko eggplant.png (494KB, 841x470px) Image search: [Google]
pko eggplant.png
494KB, 841x470px
>>7493527
>>7498024
I'm with Nep on this

I dont eat eggplants
>>
Tortang tortang. Simple dish with eggplants.
>>
>>7498398
>Tortang tortang

One too many tortas m8. Stop drinking banana ketchup.
>>
>>7497991
No they're not I live on Florida and I've only seen a eggplant in Jacksonville and nowhere else
>>
>>7493527
A gratin with roma tomatoes and zucchini.
>>
>>7498415
Try shopping at Publix instead of convenience stores.
>>
>>7498415
In most of the country they're in every grocery store right down to walmart and aldi.
>>
>>7498021
;_;
>>
>>7494406
>Wa la

Wa lol
>>
>>7493527
Lasagna
>>
Baba ganoush

Cut each aubergine deeply. Season, and grill/broil/roast until charred and soft. Mash roughly, add garlic, evoo, salt and tahini. Garnish with pomegranate, eat with warm flatbreads.
>>
Its called "Aubergine", m8.
>>
>>7501005
Are the Normans at it again?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.