[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

How do you eat your oysters, /ck/? Do you even like oysters?

They're a very interesting food.
>>
>>7491177
Raw, cold water.
Fried is good too
>>
I've always been told you're not supposed to chew them, but I always have.

Seems retarded to just swallow the whole thing down without really tasting it.
>>
I'm allergic to shellfish. They give me massive diarrhea.

Makes me sad
>>
3 tablespoons of salt straight in
Wait until they're completely devoid of moisture
Enjoy your salty and meaty prune
>>
Raw with several dashes of Tabasco sauce and a pinch of horseradish. Fuck me, I want some now.
>>
>>7491177
My nemesis. Love seafood, fish, sea urchin, every fucking thing that comes out of the ocean. But somehow, my body rejects those fuckers. I keep trying different cooking methods tho.

>inb4 raw

Of course I've tried them raw
>>
>>7491196
You mush them against the roof of your mouth with your tongue when you don't chew.

But I chew them, too.
>>
will eat raw if its not red tide season
>>
>>7491215

I've always given them a light chomp, chomp, chomp, and then swished them around in my mouth before swallowing.

Had some amazing ones right on the beach in Northern France just recently. The beach was almost as much oyster shells as it was sand, because everyone would sit out on the rocks and toss their shells down and then return the plate to the vendor.
>>
>>7491177
Raw, I add a little lemon, horseradish or ketchup to a few.
>>
Anyone ever eat raw quohog? Not a cherrystone, an actual full blown hog?

Shits delicious, like a big clammy marshmellow.
>>
I don't eat oysters because I'm not carnist scum
>>
>>7491252

I used to live in RI and would go to the beach every summer and dig them up with my feet.

I'd bring most of them home, filter them, and cook something later in the day after a hot shower and a beer, but I'd always crack one or two open right on the beach and eat it as is.

Aside from the bloody feet, it's pretty much the only thing I miss about New England.
>>
Never had them raw, but I do like oysters, yes.
>>
I just tried my first oyster in november. I'm addicted now. best with horseradish, cocktail sauce with a squeeze of lemon. I think my favorites are malpeque and fanny bay so far
>>
love oysters

eat them raw with spritz of lemon and thats it
>>
>>7491266
I do the same in MA. I never understand the dorks out there with rakes. You can literally just walk the shoreline and look for the smoking holes
>>
>>7491266
How do you not get worms? Or amoebas? Or other such parasites?
>>
I like the salty ones from New Brunswick. Eat them raw Houston style - on a cracker with lemon, cocktail sauce and hot sauce.
>>
>>7491346

Is that an issue with clams?

I've seen Andrew Zimmerman do it multiple times.
>>
I once made a martini using an oyster instead of an olive.

I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>7491397

Old school seafood restaurants that are bare-bones quality seafood, and then randomly do tacky shit like offer a Bloody Mary with cocktail shrimp and a bunch of other shellfish as a garnish are one of my biggest weaknesses.
>>
>>7491410
>tfw live in New Orleans
>tfw I go to a seafood place that offers 50 cent oysters and has a Bloody Mary bar and you can take left over drinks to go

This state is garbage but damn the city is fun in the summer
>>
Raw with sauce and a tiny bit of lemon juice, placed on saltines.
>>
>>7491346
I've been doing it for years and never had a problem. Granted these are some of the best shellfish beds in New England. (duxbury)
>>
>>7491177
raw with sherry vinegar

if that is not available then lemon
>>
>>7491346

Because those things are really really really fucking rare. It's like asking: "wow, anon. You went outside? How did you not get struck by lightning?"
>>
Am I the only one to eat then with red wine vinegar and chopped shallots ?
>>
>>7492800
no
>>
>>7491177
On the half shell, no lemon or sauce, but always with a glass of white Bordeaux or (even better) Muscadet.

And I definitely prefer briny cold water oysters over creamier warm water ones.
>>
File: 1457732980952.jpg (240KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457732980952.jpg
240KB, 473x500px
>>7491211
are you me?

I'm the same way with seafood- love it all. Except for goddamn oysters. Tried them all ways. I even ordered them at this up-scale place up here called the Oyster Bar. They were fried and while I could tell the quality and preparation were excellent, I wasn't into it. I think it's just the texture.
>>
>>7492833
i have been trying to convince my mum for years that smaller cold water oysters are better but she fell for the bigger is better meme which is why i have a black stepdad (that last part is a meme but you get the idea)
>>
I have no desire to ever eat oysters. They look something a lifelong smoker coughed up and probably have more contaminates than a used heroin needle
>>
File: WIN_20150801_074323.jpg (972KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20150801_074323.jpg
972KB, 1920x2560px
I dunno what vietnamese people do to their oysters (I really wish I did) but street food oysters in HCMC were the best I ever tasted
>>
I like them deep fried

I'm indifferent to them raw. I'll eat them if I'm not paying for them though.
>>
>>7491207
I hope you aren't saying you actually eat each one with that much salt. That's probably 10 times your daily recommended value in just one oyster.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 250x232px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 250x232px
>>7491177
They're just actual literal gulps of sea water with a little added texture.
I know, we used to stay by the sea in summer and as kid with bad swimming skills I swallowed a lot of that shit.

I'd probably eat them occasionally if the cost the same as, let's say beans, but for now they go into the overpriced crap foods category together with escargot and kaviar...
>>
>>7493174
>3 tea spoons of salt is ten times your recommended intake

uh-oh I think I might be dead soon.
>>
>>7494075
>I know, we used to stay by the sea in summer and as kid with bad swimming skills I swallowed a lot of that shit.

Fucking tourist.
>>
File: oysterdoz1-cropped.jpg (3MB, 5334x1799px) Image search: [Google]
oysterdoz1-cropped.jpg
3MB, 5334x1799px
kilpatricks every xmas lunch at the start
>>
>>7492859
Man, I'm Vietnamese and I've never had that. God damn man, that's living the life.

Vietnamese people know how to do seafood.

>tfw eating roasted fresh squid and snails cooked in spicy coconut sauce on the beach in VN
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.