[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pressure cooker bone broth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1358.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1358.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
pressure cooker bone broth
>>
File: IMG_1357.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1357.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>7488848
>>
do it
>>
It's called stock
>>
>>7488848
>bone broth
>>
>>7488853
stock, fine.

also the local shop rite seels chicken backs for like $1 a pound
>>
>>7488851
Yeah, with dank bones, leeks, ginger and garlic.
Dank stock.
Would skim the fat off the top and use for cooking.
>>
>>7488859
lol. I'm doing exactly that. PUt in fridge, let the fat solidify and then remove it and use it to cook my vegetables tonight when I make pav bhaji
>>
>>7488861
Good for you.
Cook it up.
>>
Roast up your chicken or beef bones and your other odd pieces a bit before making your broth. It gives a very rich flavor.
>>
>>7488867
Yeah, toss the veg and bones with a bit of tomato paste and oil. Roast them up.
But look at the marrow in the first pic.
It's begging for toast and my mouth.
>>
>>7488867

i don't do that with the pressure cooker, at least with chicken. when i pre-brown chicken and pressure cook it it tastes like a sweet fart
>>
>>7488861
How did you come up with that idea? Very very clever.
>>
>>7490984
=/
>>
What advantage does homemade stock have over a Knorr stock pot?
>>
>>7491056
honestly, tastes better, but with the money and time to make, might as well use a Knorr stock pot hawked by that yorkshire piece of shit
>>
>>7488848
I hope you have inline water treatment.
>>
>>7491098
we get our water from Quabbin, one of the most pristine resevoirs in the country
>>
>>7491093
>money
>time
>to make stock
wut
Where do you live where making stock is time consuming? Nepal? And costly? What?
>>
>>7491102
takes hours to make.

then you have to strain
and clena

and you have to buy vegetables and bones and such. yeah, it ends up costing more than buying a KNORR STOCK POTS
>>
>>7491101
>man made water reservoir that flooded 4 towns
>pristine

I think you might be misinformed
>>
>>7491116
they cleared the towns out first, you moron. and plust that was close to 100 years ago.

It's very nice there. Are you from New England?
>>
>>7491123
Yes and I know well enough not to trust authorities word on things like how clean the water is. They do all sorts of things to doctor the tests to make them look better.
>>
>>7491109
You don't have to do anything during those hours. You can spend the entire time wanking. In fact, I recommend you do.
>>
more like boner broth heh
>>
>>7488848
That marrow looks delicious
>>
>>7490940
Use chkn feet.
>>
>>7491109
>buying veg and bones
Well there's your problem, Anon!
In my area, Knorr stock pots cost $3.29USD for a pack of three. Each pot makes 1 litre/quart of stock, so that's about $1.10 per quart.
By contrast, if you just save bones and veg scraps in the freezer (or if you do as I do and make stock every now and again from your own butchering)*, you can make stock when you've got enough.

>hours
lolwut?
I'm starting to think I live in a timewarp because everything everyone on /ck/ says takes "hours" takes me barely over sixty minutes.

>cleaning the stock takes a long time
Not at all.
Line a sieve with cheesecloth, place over a jar or pitcher and pour stock through. Takes a literal minute.

>* I buy three whole chickens every few months, break them down for freezer storage and debone the breasts and thighs, using the ribs, backs, thighbones, necks and wingtips to make stock; between three birds, there's enough for 1 litre of good, strong stock, 2 litres of weak stock or 3 litres of mixed chicken/veg stock
>>
>>7488848
Ok, what type of meat/cuts are those, are you planning on eating the meat on them bones?
Is that a non-venting pressure cooker or venting?
You need to add some acid to get all the stuff extracted from the bone, something like a tomato.
I make stock every week or so in my pressure cooker, so I can probably help you perhaps make the best stock.
>>7488859
>>7488861
Yea, don't leave the fat, just doesn't work, trust me, skim away.
>>7488867
You may want to brown the bones up in the pot before you start making stock, gives a more complex flavor for sure.
>>7488870
This will work, the tomato will get a more complex flavor and the acid will help extract flavor from the bones under pressure, you need to add something acidic, tomato is perfect in this case.
>>7490940
Never had this happen, are you adding anything acidic to the mix?
>>7491056
Better flavor, better for you, especially if using a non-venting pressure cooker, you'll get a nice color broth>>7491056
whose flavor can't be beat with a non-venting cooker.
>>7491109
There are recipes where you can cook a whole quartered chicken first for roughly 25minutes under pressure with some veggies, strain, remove meat from bones, put bones back in the stock, cook for another 20minutes on high. So you get a cooked soft tasty chicken that absorbs all the potato, carrot, celery and onion flavor to eat, then you get a whole pot of stock, all in about an hour.
>>7491144
Confirm. If you can find chicken feet, use them for broth thank anons later.
>>
>>7491163
Does 4chan no longer do the (You) thing?
>>
>>7491167
Not sure what you mean.
>>
>>7491098
I'm curious. What do you expect the tap water to contain that will ruin pressure cooked stock?
>>
>>7491165

>Never had this happen, are you adding anything acidic to the mix?

sometimes yes, sometimes no.

the fact is that if i don't roast the chicken bones it develops a nice tawny colour and tastes like roasted chicken. but when i roast the chicken bones, it goes very, very dark and and tastes sweet and insipid, like i've overreduced it and rehydrated it.
>>
>>7491163

if you don't have a pressure cooker, making stock generally does take hours. and skimming the fat is much more laborious than just straining
>>
File: holySHIT.jpg (200KB, 500x728px) Image search: [Google]
holySHIT.jpg
200KB, 500x728px
>dem beautiful marrow bones
>not roasting them in a pan in the oven and smearing them on toasted French bread with apples and cheese
Do you even marrow bro? Damn, I bet you got such an awesome layer of tallow off the top of that stock, though!
>>
>>7491171
Usually when someone quote responds to a post, for the person who made the orginal post they will see a (You) on the response post.
>>
>>7491996
You know, I've never tried marrow like that, but I will now. Especially with how cheap these marrow bones were at my local grocery store.

ANd yes, I got a good layer of fat at the top. I let it gel and put it in a separate bowl and will be using to cook throughout the week. Such good flavor.
>>
File: Typical_Bernie_Supporter.jpg (65KB, 960x953px) Image search: [Google]
Typical_Bernie_Supporter.jpg
65KB, 960x953px
>>7491165
>There are recipes where you can cook a whole quartered chicken first for roughly 25minutes under pressure with some veggies, strain, remove meat from bones, put bones back in the stock, cook for another 20minutes on high. So you get a cooked soft tasty chicken that absorbs all the potato, carrot, celery and onion flavor to eat, then you get a whole pot of stock, all in about an hour.

I"ll give that a shot next time. Thanks!

>>7491171
OH, nevermind. It does.
>>
>>7491991
Just let it cool and collect the fat, then.
>>
>>7492032

which takes a while.

look if you have the means to freeze several meals worth of trimmings, let them go for several hours, then strain into an ice bath into a large vessel that fits in your fridge or a fat strainer, then a bunch of ice trays or bags so you can freeze itquickly, making stock can be a real joy. however if you havent planned/don;t have the equipment or time it can be somewhat of a pita
>>
File: Mark Peter Blanco.jpg (11KB, 236x245px) Image search: [Google]
Mark Peter Blanco.jpg
11KB, 236x245px
>>7491093
You might want to consider what you say about people lest I turn up at your house one day and proceed to talk down to you whilst I jab at you with my finger and look at you like I just wiped you off the sole of my hunting boot.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.